[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Guys wanted to ask- you know the RPM LED indicators above the dash board, green, orange and than red. In Real life, are those adjustable to drivers liking or is it somewhat fixed same to every car of the same type? I am asking because that would be very welcome feature for me in rf2.. in AM the red LEDs go on only when you reach limiter, which is too late. I would like the RED to go on when it is ideal to shift up. and that differs with fuel strategy and simply race to race. So is it adjustable in real life for each car or maybe even driver?

2. Lotus 49

Lotus 49 Registered

Hey Ales could you please change my purchase email that you send links to from rbremner@gmail.com to alexbremner28@gmail.com if you need any proof or anything just ask. If when doing so could you please send the latest update. Thanks!

3. Lotus 49

Lotus 49 Registered

4. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Hello,

a quick question to all you guys who make their own skins. I'm trying to start making my own skins for the Darche with Photoshop CS2. I have everything set up and started painting some basic weird stuff but now, how on earth can I view my skin in the actual game? Where do I put the dds file? Is there some kind of viewer for cars without starting rF2 every time?

Most important question is, how do I get my skin in the game!?

Many thanks in advance.

5. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

im sure theer is a guide somewhere around on the forum.. cant find it now tho

6. petibonome

petibonome Registered

7. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

thats the one :)

8. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Was trying to find it through search but couldn't. Thanks a lot! :cool:

I can't save my dds files! PS tells me there is something wrong with the file format? Any tips?

View attachment 12092

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2014
  9. GLWeed

GLWeed Registered

I just finished the second pre-session event by autosimsport, beeing the only BMW in the field. I struggled a lot with front end grip, even after 2 days of fiddeling to get the car race ready. There is no way of getting the car to at least be neutral, I'd like to quote another driver from the series:
    The speed of the car is fine for 2-3 laps, afterwards you just can't keep the tires alive at a resonable racepace. I struggled to get more than 17 laps out of them. I can manage twice the distance with every other car in the mod.
    But I don't just want to complain about the mod, its great guys, just a lil tweaking here and there ;). As all the sounds of the cars are superb, it would be great to get a more realistic one into the BMW, as it really drops of in quality compared to the others as it is an awesome sounding car in reality.

Keep up the great work

Greetings
    Luke

10. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Go to "Layer" - "Flatten Image" and save the dds.

11. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

Hi Ales,

Is there any chance to have an 'upgrades' entry for Darche where we can choose between old and new sounds? I know new sounds are better, but it doesn't sound like an actual Darche at all, and it absolutely discourages me from using this car (not that bad indeed, I have discovered there are other cars in the mod :) )

Is it only me, or is there anybody else who prefers the old sounds, which are more flat 6, more Darche, than the current ones?

12. gagipro

gagipro Registered

The new sounds are more like a turbocompressed engine, I don't know if this Darche is supposed to be a turbocompressed engine.

For an atmospheric engine, I prefere the old sounds.

13. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

This Darche should be atmospheric, here's a video of a 'very similar' real car.

And this is how it sounds form inside:

14. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

The second video doesnt fit, its not similar car and not even very similar ;)

15. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

You are right Ales, that's just a 911 GT3.

This is quite similar to our Darche, although it's quite older indeed.

In fact this one shares engine with 991 GT3 RSR, even though in 991 it's deeply revised.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
  16. UnitedRacingDesign

Deply revised yes but we cant compare onboard sounds on gt3 cars on this ones. There are alot of diferentes. None GT3 can be compared to any GTE.

17. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

Absolutely right, but these videos are valid examples of the deeper and raspier Flat 6 sound compared to the current Darche sound.

The previous sounds (just engine, I'm not talking about tranny or anything else in any case) were really accurate.

18. UnitedRacingDesign

That is exactly what its not ;) GTE has them diferent, not so much raspier as the old ones. You guys are holding to much to older models on this stuff.

19. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

This sounds more like the "very similar" car to our ingame Darche (watch from minute 12 onwards):

20. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Thanks Tosch!! That did it! :cool: