[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Interesting. But is the mod based on WEC regulations or ALMS regulations?

2. RJames

RJames Registered

The EGT5 is based on ALMS currently, we have converted it to WEC for our endurance league.

3. McFlex

McFlex Registered

EnduranceRacingX by URD

So it is pretty useless to compare this mod with WEC regulations and statistics

4. C3PO

C3PO Member

Ah ok - didn't realise it was ALMS.

5. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Well basic physics had to be done first place. Now i have to check what more i can implent, maybe different series tuning parts and so on or a compromise to cover both.

6. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

The rules are the same for the WEC and TUSC. The only difference is the offset for the different fuel energies. WEC uses E10 while TUSC uses E85. I'm pretty sure the Porker and def the AM use E10 even in TUSC. Stint for both should b around 65 min.

P.S. TUSC this year started messing with fuel loads for the GTLM cars as part of their BOP and to keep them behind the prototype challenge cars. IMO tho, in order to keep it simple and to save Ales' sanity, I'd suggest ignoring all that and sticking to the rule book.

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

If the tank varies from car to car, so it should vary in the mod. The fuel consumption should too. Ales should stick to the stuff he originally intended instead of trying to satisfy two different series.

8. C3PO

C3PO Member

I think it should be whatever the rules say too. 60-65 mins is close to a stint indeed. That is about 30 laps at Silverstone. What there is now is 40% more fuel endurance in the mod...if the gte and tusc regs are v similar.

9. McFlex

McFlex Registered

I have looked a bit more deep into the suspension geometry. Is it right that all cars have the same geometry? And where does it come from?

10. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Suspension geometry are tricky ones. Many in this cars are so or so similar but to make the right we would need complete mesurments on that. And the only unique one should be Darche suspension but that one is so or so not posibile in rf2 at the moment.

11. Pablo S

Pablo S Registered

Thank you Ales, the mod is brilliant. Looking fwd to future releases and updates. :)

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

A fellow member of a league posted some interesting fuel numbers for the cars around Le Mans. The Corvette does 10 laps to a full tank, the Bmw 21 laps and the Darche 15. I didn't get word on the Venom or Arthur but I believe the Arthur is perhaps 17 laps.

15 laps of Darche around Le Mans ~~ 65 minutes

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2014
  13. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

I only tested Silverstone, and when going the same laptimes, the Venom consumes A LOT more fuel compared to the Corvette. I averaged 3.2L in the Corvette and 4.0L in the Venom. At 115L tank capacity, the Venom can only go for around 57 minutes on Silverstone, the Corvette around 76 minutes. The BMW can go for 93 minutes though (2.5L per lap).

14. benhaha

benhaha Registered

I've not played this for a while, but can I just say wow Ales, the rest of the cars are amazing! Cannot wait to put some decent laps in with these.

15. panande

panande Registered

Yesterday in our Monza race the Porsches took 3,2 liters per lap while the BMWs took only 2,4 liters

16. Black75

Black75 Registered

lol me too!! ^^'

17. C3PO

C3PO Member

Just had another look -- once 90L is set for the AM the fuel flow appears very good -- ~32 laps according to the set up screen and ~30 laps max in RL at Silverstone. Not sure what needs to be done to properly balance the fuel flow for the other cars. Vastly different fuel usage makes endurance racing a one horse race from Germany it seems.

18. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Hi Ales, can you give us any kind of news on the development state of the Ferruccio or the prototypes??

19. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Was just giving the RUF in iRacing a go, and while its not the same car as the Darche, they have heavy similarities in feel and sound and that makes me happy. Good job Ales! Better than ISI content.

20. McFlex

McFlex Registered

That were my thoughts too. But at least you could have implemented the different wheelbases and track widths.

Here is a table of the different measurments.

[table="width: 500, class: grid"]
    [tr]
    [td][/td]
    [td]Corvette[/td]
    [td]AM[/td]
    [td]Darche[/td]
    [td]Bayro[/td]
    [td]Venom[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Wheelbase[/td]
    [td]2685 mm[/td]
    [td]2600 mm[/td]
    [td]2451 mm[/td]
    [td]2512 mm[/td]
    [td]2510 mm[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Front Track[/td]
    [td]-[/td]
    [td]1570 mm[/td]
    [td]1549 mm[/td]
    [td]1511 mm[/td]
    [td]1598 mm[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Rear Track[/td]
    [td]-[/td]
    [td]1590 mm[/td]
    [td]1554 mm[/td]
    [td]1559 mm[/td]
    [td]1549 mm[/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]

Here are the sources:

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/default.aspx?carID=21382&i=2#menu
    http://press.porsche.com/vehicles/2014/2014-911-GT3-Technical-Specifications.pdf
    http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/default.aspx?carID=22529&i=2#menu
    http://astonmartin.blob.core.window...2013/Vantage Range Brochure Low July 2013.pdf