Embarrassing I'm faster with GT3 than GTE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Aug 18, 2019.

1. J7166

J7166 Registered

Does anyone else find the BMW M8 GTE undrivable since the BoP change? I think the update brought changes to the M8s dampers if I am remembering correctly. The rear end of this car is so unstable, I literally can't make it thru and outlap without dying. Tried a million different setup combinations with no success. The rear breaks free so easy and it's impossible to recover. This was my favorite GTE car before the BoP update before the two strong pack. Anyone else having issues with the M8?

2. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Try to ask Michi Hoyer. He have done long gte test drive at Le Mans yesterday.

3. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

Did you watch the stream? I just have seen the first couple of min. Is there any conclusion? Michi lost the BMW several times at the beginning.

4. mr.Sw1tchblade

Seems like he found good setups for BMW and Porshe. And he think Aston is not good at all. Stream was too long, so i watched beginning and last 30 mins :)

Patrick Schumacher likes this.
  5. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

Ok...seen more or less everything of his stream. He struggled a lot with the BMW and Porsche. It's kinda astonishing how easy the Aston can be handled in comparison. Looked like he isn't happy with the behaviour of the cars. He is not the only one.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  6. mr.Sw1tchblade

Now i am curious if S397 have plans to change GT3 cars behavior.