DW-12

Discussion in 'ISI cars and tracks' started by dradecki, Mar 25, 2014.

1. FeedEmBeans

FeedEmBeans Registered

Thank you. I got two tenths from the ride height.

2. Squeeekmo

Squeeekmo Registered

Ah very good, so did I. I was a bit uncertain how it would work with the negative wing values but testing proved that it was quicker. Now if only I can find another 1 1/2 tenths I will be happy. But for now I've got the car handling like a dream with an almost constant slide throughout the corner and It's competitive in online races. Especially when I use 6th gear in the draft and get up over 390KPH then ram it into the corners to prevent hitting the wall whilst in the draft.
    Good fun, just need more guys online to race against... We had 16 on Monday night In the ISI server which was awesome but none every night since.

3. yanaran

yanaran Registered

39.33 is my best so far, but it's still pretty easy to drive. I have no idea how to find another half a second to match the real life pole laps though.

http://youtu.be/CBrBXUXyULk

4. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Does anybody know what kind of G forces the road cars brake at in real life? I (and I'm not very good) can brake at 3.98Gs with the primary tires on this car. I'm wondering if the tires have too much static friction or rolling drag.

Edit: I'd like to add that the way the tires heat up down the straights confuses me as well. Even if at a temp of 90C they will still build up heat down the straights. That was with a setup running 3.2degrees of camber on the fronts and 2.0 on the rears. I'm going to do some more testing with heavier springs to see if I can dial this out. Of course the primary tires could be super soft tires, I have no clue since I dont' really watch Indy car.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2014
  5. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The real Indycars get extra turbo boost pressure just for qualifying. ISI doesn't have an extra quali-boost option so you may never be able to find that 0.5 sec

6. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Not entirely sure of the accuracy to pinpoint levels, but it's certainly representative and loosely correct. I say not entirely sure due to their Detroit map, which some how has T1 as a very demanding brake zone and the turn off the back straight as having an entry speed of 113 MPH, when it's more like 170.

http://indycar.brembo.com/home/the-best-brakings

You can also click on the "Brake Facts Cards" for a more detailed look at the tracks, unfortunately they don't have the Indy RC listed though. Does seem too high, though they do mention rightfully that the max G will depend on aero config as well. The Sonoma listings with T11 and T9 are on relatively flat ground from high speed to nearly a dead stop with high downforce, T9 is probably comparable to T1 at Indy though Indy has a faster entry and corner speed on top of lower downforce.

The Primary black sidewall tires aren't particularly soft or anything, even the alternate red sidewalls aren't Pirelli F1 style softs that last like 4 laps and fall off. Probably about the same as a F1 medium / hard with the reds being more akin to a soft / medium.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2014
  7. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

I would say those braking Gs are not that surprising at all. Correct me if I'm wrong plaese, but I think F1 cars can brake at up to 5Gs.

8. Jamie Shorting

Well I figured out the heating on the straights is from the massive downforce this car gets since it starts at around 275km/hr. I spoke too early on that one. :p

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

6-ish Gs under braking in F1.

I remember F1 hitting about 6 Gs at the end of the long back-straight in China just a year or 2 ago. I also remember 6-ish Gs at Imola I think sometime between 2003 and 2006, it was on an onboard video, I can't remember which season the footage was of.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  10. Jamie Shorting

Spent some time with the road car now and the car is pretty good IMO after stiffening up the chassis a bit. Meh, to each their own I suppose.

11. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The AI times aren't bad at Toronto, I think them using the wrong upgrade package is graphical only. If I boost up the AI a little (I haven't tested how far but at 101% they are within 1 sec of my quali time) they will be right on. I figure if I want to be mid-pack I could crank the AI to 105% and that'd do it. I'm starting an offline Indy series and to try and force the AI to use the alternates like I will, I have set my PLR so the AI use my fixed setup. Since I have it set to start on options, I am hoping the AI take on primaries when they pit. They will have to pit or run out of gas in a 1 hour race.

Does anyone else have trouble getting heat into the rears? It's not like I'm shredding the fronts- they last forever- but the rears are always cold unless I drive sideways and fishtail every corner. Which is fun :D

12. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I saw that tonight... I found it weird that my rears where red (a bit yellow as I locked up ;) ) but the rears stayed blue!

On other things, we ran some laps at Mid Ohio with the DW12, and the human opponents were running 1.06-1:07... the AI was on 120% and we were still beating them. Hilarious watching them on 100% aggression though, they will turn in whether you are there or not. On 100% strength they were running laptime of 1:12-14. This may be track related of course, they had some weird braking points in some corners but would pull away on the straights, hard to beat them drafting to the end of the straight.

13. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Mid-O has always had slow AI. It's funny though because there have been a couple mods where the AI there has been OK, but in almost every mod they are slower than slow

14. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

15. Navigator

Navigator Registered

What am I missing here?
    I don't see guys saying "try this and you have AI with road setting where you would have oval setup otherwise" and now, all of the sudden, you do get rc setup........? Right?

Of you got that right, you might want to share what you did with others? ;)

16. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

17. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Ah, got it :) Thought I was getting seniel ;)

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I've requested an AIW upgrade but the author/s have no intention it seems, for starters there is no BLOCK path so it's a very basic bog standard AIW.

19. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You sure? They were blocking me pretty good!!! :D

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yep there is no BLOCK path, open it in ModDev and you'll see for yourself :)