DW-12

Discussion in 'ISI cars and tracks' started by dradecki, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I'd have to agree with the incar controls and push to pass.

I'd like to see a way where you can do the "Force Setup" so that you can run the road course wings on third party tracks but without overriding the engine configuration (Having the Chevy teams running the Honda or vice versa). And then added along with that, something that states what/if there is a setup for that track. Hopefully that makes sense :) but that may be more of a UI issue than an Indycar issue.

I haven't tried painting an Indy car so I'm not sure if there are any error or issues on that front.

Really looking forward to seeing the update!

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Nice job recalling stuff. Adding to the list:

- RPM display missing decimal unit (known)
    - Missing P2P

Can someone find the post with specific model discrepancies in the cars? I think it was the oval version that had the more noticeable ones, correct?

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

- Issue with mapping of the mirrors
    - Low resolution logos/name/stickers on the cars

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I forgot... not a bug but still there is an impact:

- Steering wheel is the one used by a couple of teams (the smaller ones), adding the standard one to most cars would bring welcome variety

5. boxer

boxer Registered

Would be nice is to have Chrome type paint so we could simulate both the tip of the nose similar to the Andretti cars and paint style like on the Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing - Red/Blue Srike car.

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I completely forgot. The fuel calculation values seem to be wildly overestimated in all tracks, in some places you can run for twice as long as the fuel estimation indicates.

7. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

8. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I would wager that it's simply to do with workload, priority and order of development.

I would be shocked (even though it would be nice) if they gave us the new aero.

9. yusupov

yusupov Registered

yeah ive just assumed they put off updating it till indy this year.

still hoping for a gurney eagle or cobra + AMP before then tho ;D

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I'd love to have the cars updated with the full data set, the other steering wheel, and no more lazy front end.

11. c.pucher

c.pucher Registered

12. msportdan

msportdan Banned

i havent installed this cos of what i have heard, but are the actually physics in this FUBAR?

13. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

A nice Indy Lights field would be delightful. Good looking cars and should cater to lower-spec open wheelers. I'd love to drive it.

14. Emery

Emery Registered

Avoiding something just cause of what you heard is, well, just try it for yourself and decide. You don't need other people to make up your mind.

15. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

Where is the "tuning menu"? i looked everywhere I can think of, and see no "Force Setup" option

16. TPG

TPG Registered

When you select your car from the Menu there is a "Tuning" button below the menu, click on that and you'll find upgrades (if the car has any) as well as the "Force Setup" button (it's at the Top) and a way to create skin directories and select skins as well as a few other options.

17. elbo

elbo Registered

I like the new aero packages. They are certainly nicer than the previous car and the original DW12 package. They are also way nicer than what was on the F1 grid last year. Looking forward to a mod with these.

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

There were "issues" with incomplete data when building the car but it is still very fun to drive except for the lazy front end. But really, give it a shot especially the road configuration.

Here's a video I did at Interlagos:

Here are car textures for it:
    http://www.nogripracing.com/filesearch.php?search=&author=boxer&cat=-1

19. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

I was using the "minimalist" UI, switched to an ISI UI, and there it was, thanks !!

20. Paul Todd

Paul Todd Registered

I'm currently working on skins for a league I'm starting with this car. And I was wondering, do we have a template to change the number on the steering wheel?