DW-12

Discussion in 'ISI cars and tracks' started by dradecki, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Any update? I seem to recall reading that ISI had gained another source of data? Any ETA on that being worked in?

2. gneffio

gneffio Registered

Guys, I remember that a "more racing" setup was released a few days after the DW-12 release by Tim, am I wrong? I found the base setup to understeering and it could be a good base from where to start to build my own, like I do with the FR 3.5 where the setup is much more aggressive. Thank you to everybody that will help me ;)

Ciao
    Ignazio

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

4. gneffio

gneffio Registered

5. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

i had run an ai race yesterday at silverstone.
    once i set a time in qualifying i couldnĀ“t change the tire type.

so i started the race on alternates. at the first stop i wanted to change to primary tires - but this was still impossible.

is it supposed to be impossible?

6. gneffio

gneffio Registered

No, in real live they have to use both primary and alternates tires, but here you cannot change them when in a race. I always thought it would be fixed, sooner or later, in a new version of the car.

Tapatalked

7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I'm sure it will, along with fix that'll make the AI choose the correct configuration at all tracks.

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I was wondering of the possibility of in the future, when this car is updated, also having the more common steering wheel mixed into the pack.

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I can for some reason select the alternate livery for car #98 on car #20. I don't know how this is still happening as 1) fresh install 2) car #20 doesn't have the 98 alt in it 3) I don't have folders for either car 20 or 98.

Edit: Livery for car 98_alt also appears in a couple of other Indy cars.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
  10. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Can you tell the AI to use a certain configuration now?

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yes you can. :)

'Force setup' in the tuning menu. Makes that car use that particular configuration at that particular track. :)

12. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

You hexarule.

13. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Good to know. :)

Cheers mate.

14. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Hi folks,

we are preparing a list of things to correct on the dw12 and could probably use your help with this. I am very disconnected from the forum right now due to workload, and it's going to be hard for me to take the time and not miss things. If you don't do it, I'll do it, but I might miss things. If you want to? Is there someone who might take the time to collate issues with it (non-physics, we have data now)? You can't paint an area you should? Wing the wrong shape? Can't select an upgrade or make a change you should be able to? etc etc?

Thanks - let me know :)

Tim

15. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Here're the ones I've noticed, if people want to add anything extra post here and I'll email it to tim in a couple of days.

Rear wing inverted in skins
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-Now-Available?p=281226&viewfull=1#post281226

Hands clipping through wheel and hand/elbows through side of car

front suspension arms clipping through wheel/brake duct/covers
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-Now-Available?p=278212&viewfull=1#post278212

Showroom bug where all tires are mixed together

S/wheel gear display clipping top of its displays- gear and speed most noticeable

RPM display missing decimal unit (known)

Rear wing lower element should be curved not flat
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-Now-Available?p=278479&viewfull=1#post278479

Camera pod on right-hand side of wing missing
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/19032-DW-12?p=315877&viewfull=1#post315877

front oval wing drops to steeply
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-Now-Available?p=278342&viewfull=1#post278342

parts appearing transperent at distance
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-Now-Available?p=278280&viewfull=1#post278280

missing number inside rear pods
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-Now-Available?p=278161&viewfull=1#post278161

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014
  16. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

17. Blood-1

Blood-1 Registered

I think it turned out I was being caught out by the paint scheme on the shape of the nose, but the things about the headrests, wings, roll hoop fairing, mirrors, floor, and sidepods still apply.

Wing just flat out attaches in the wrong place which makes the droop too steep (in reality it's a single piece bolted into the bottom of the nose cone), there should be only one rear wing main plane (the 3D curved one) for all tracks, the "sponsor blocker" should curve inwards at the front exposing the tip of the floor, and the sidepod should be very slightly undercut at the bottom. Even though they use it as an air intake, the leading edge of the roll hoop fairing should be thick like an open roll hoop car. I think the mandatory rear wing camera pod is missing on both road course and speedway configs.

18. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Hi Tim, good to see you back here again.

Very excited about the DW12 update.
    Will the updated car have the various in-car controls (Push to Pass, weight jacker, diff. etc.)?

19. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

20. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I seem to remember them saying its a core update.......but I really hope it all comes soon.