DRM Revival, still not possible on rF2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pascom, Sep 17, 2019.

1. gianluca

gianluca Registered

The DRM team just confirmed that they granted the permission for the conversion, in a post in racedepartment. But they also said that Cyril is busy, because of course he has also a life beside modding. But it's a great news anyway, because it means that is going to be released sooner or later.

2. John_GEAR

John_GEAR Registered

Very good news. That's all the reason you need to buy rFactor 2. Well, there are A LOT more reasons, but this would be reason enough :)

3. Jason19

Jason19 Registered

And the source of this statement is where...?

4. gianluca

gianluca Registered

Was in a post in racedepartment. I've asked to one of the DRM team members if they gave the ok for this RF2 conversion and he said yes and that Cyril at the time was busy.

vava74 likes this.
  5. Jason19

Jason19 Registered

This can't be true, because DRM Revival for Assetto Corsa has now been taken down from Race Department. All of this is a pipe dream that led to nothing...

6. gianluca

gianluca Registered

[​IMG]
    Let's not spam this thread with this back and forth, come on. Leave it clean.

8bar, pascom, PedroJ and 1 other person like this.
  7. Thanks for quoting this - it is a pity if there is no time left to finish (or to continue developing) the conversion, but that 's how things are going on; I respect the work, days and months that have been spent converting and I am still looking forward.

pascom likes this.
  8. vava74

vava74 Registered

Cyril is finishing the 90's BTCC mod and surely will return to the Group 5 once he has done that.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2023
    pascom likes this.
  9. Radkappe

Radkappe Registered

pascom likes this.
  10. Jason19

Jason19 Registered

[​IMG]

I still have no idea where the optimism comes from. If the main Assetto Corsa product is now gone from the main place one is supposed to get it, what chance do we have at getting an rFactor 2 version?

i'd say the deal with Cherry went south somehow.

11. graphicaluserinterface

graphicaluserinterface Registered

The original wasn't even supposed to be allowed on, much less publicized by, Race Department. They just had a subjective implementation of their policies (see ripped mods allowed for games that are popular in their online community vs those that aren't). It could be a request from a developer or publisher even for content that isn't officially out yet, or it could be the new ownership of RD reducing chances of legal issues.

The rFactor 2 version should be independent of it but reasons for that going silent are only known to Cyrill, anything else is speculation. However likely some scenarios may be, they're speculation until a source can get information.

Emery likes this.
  12. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I don't think that RD being allowed or not allowed has much to do with them taking down the mod. As has allready been discussed, alot of those cars were ran by privateer teams, some that aren't even around anymore. I don't think that anyone from Schnitzer cares if the Rodenstock Toyota is part of a niche product for a niche product while Schnitzer has disappeared anyway. There are much more obvious cases of studios cirumventing lisencing where the IP holder doesn't care at all. What most likely led to this is the reaction of people in the community who critisized the physics and visual aspects of the mod, sometimes in strange ways if you ask me and people ripping the content left and right. Interestingly the DRM team moved to AC due to the ripping topic while rF2 offered a much more safe way of encrypting mods. It's not the only reason, but an interesting one for sure.

At the end I feel that this community has forgotten how to approach game studios or modding teams - profitable or free - and that we are completely ignoring that there are individuals like you are me on the recieving end. The amount of shitstorm that MSG has recieved simply due to it's business strategy - might it make sense or not - is out of this world. Now iRacing has the exclusive rights for the Nascar Game and there isn't one single person voicing his/her concern about the problems connected to the exclusivity of that lisence. Wierd, isn't it? There is a reason why we haven't seen more modding teams appearing over the last couple of years. People are expecting AAA content at this point by people who do this in their free time

13. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

I hate to be as parrot but all we ( I ) do repeat the same forever :) no offence meant.

GLOBAL MODDERS & PAINTERS CO OP

It is like any hobby, they all have clubs but almost all also have official bodies that have charter and ethics and members pay dues.

You support all sims and specially selected body give all approval and official stamps ( a sticker )
    This abides to charter set out by the community for the community.
    3rd Party not given stamp of approval would become "rejected" and become second level for all sims.

Mod Teams for each sim would have official space.
    There would be real-time workshops and one day even a University.
    Dozen ideas.

Imagine the income from membership this could generate.
    To then go back to modders, painters and members in many new ways.

This is the only way it would work, charter set out by the community for the community .
    Not someone sees the idea as making a buck.
    This would take years to properly establish, better get on with it :)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2023
  14. I am still looking forward for a release by Cyril - and I would pay for it / for his efforts ... wether he ask for it or not - lets say, I am always in the mood of making a donation in order to respect the work of people doing mods and conversions.

As already mentioned - by myself and also others - it is just a hope that it will be released for rf2 as I can imagine how much work this is and how many time it will take ... I tried to get familiar with car modding and it is a hell lot to do and to know (as I am beginner / rookie I dropped that attempt ...).

I loved to drive the DRM mod in rF1 and I also love the cars of that era in PC1 and PC2 ... I am pretty sure I will love them being available for rf2, too :)

7bhp_Mk, PedroJ, makan and 2 others like this.
  15. pascom

pascom Registered

Will we have a nice surprise under the Christmas tree soon? :D

16. Darwin Jones

Darwin Jones Registered

The DRM Mod for AC got a new update to 1.3.2.

Maybe that could be a little sign, that the mod is still in development for rF2.

Fingers crossed! :)

pascom likes this.