Download - All locations (torrent)

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Abriel Nei, Aug 7, 2012.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

Mmm... this is still very slow, so slow I`m going to have stop it...

It`s been going for over 2hrs and still only at 6.3% with 1d 15h left.

Funny though as the previous update downloaded in about 10 - 15 mins without any form of problems.

This time it`s taking ages and seems to have slowed the internet down in general. The pages here at ISI are taking a good 3 - 5 secs to load whereas normally (without uTorrent working) they load in a split second as they should do...

Pity...

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Must not be than many seeding it right now tjc :(

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh, I was thinking it might have something to do with the seeding Gearjammer...

Oh well... nothing much I can do about that I reckon... :(

4. tjc

tjc Registered

Seeds:

6 of 14 connected (5 in swarm)

5. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Just leave it running. I did and it gets done. patience.

6. tjc

tjc Registered

I don`t usually run low on patience so that`s not an issue and I don`t mind waiting for things either but length of time in days and hours just doesn`t do it for me I`m afraid... plus at the rate of knots Spaskis put his tracks out I`d just be getting what I thought was the latest version downloaded and there`d be another one ready lol...

I know torrents can and will speed up but this has been going for 4 hrs and still only at 11%.

Na... not good.

7. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

If you are behind router it may be a problem with it - some routers have problems with a lot of open connections so if there are too many it will slow everything down. Try resetting (unplugging) the router. If after that torrents speeds up then you might want to limit the number of connections in torrent client.

8. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok... I`ll check things out Abriel.

What do you mean though when you say:

"behind" router?

I`ll try resetting it anyway though to see. :)

9. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

If your PC is connected to the router (instead of directly to the modem) then you are behind router :p

10. tjc

tjc Registered

Ahh ok cool... thanks Abriel.

I`ve tried resetting the modem and it`s possible that it`s going a little faster but not much.

Any idea how I can limit the number of connections?

(Torrent noob here :p )

11. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

You can run Options -> Setup Guide to see if there are any issues with your network/settings. Also there should be a green circle with a tick mark in the lower right of uTorrent ("Network OK").
    Then you have Options -> Preferences -> Bandwidth -> Number of Connections (at the bottom). Try to lower those values.

12. tjc

tjc Registered

Thanks again Abriel. :)

I have the green circle saying "Network OK" so that`s good. I`ve tried the uTorrent Setup Guide but it keeps stalling telling me:

"Data send error: A local networking problem closed the connection" for the bandwidth test but the test for the Network comes up with a green tick telling me the Network is properly configured...

Apart from the Bandwidth problem maybe causing issues I don`t understand why it`s taking so long... if it`s going to take hours, maybe days to download your file it`ll be updated before I get the first one done lol...

13. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

seeding here tjc

14. tjc

tjc Registered

Good man nikos. :)

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I still see no reason for keeping old versions of tracks in your Packages.
    Seeding tracks no one wants or needs is pointless and defeats the best way of using torrents.

It is like putting a download up with 3 versions of VLM in one .... everyone would ask why do I need the other 2 ?

A better idea would be to have 2 torrents one with older versions.
    Of course this means more work............
    Don't forget who emailed and offered to help.

;)

16. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Until they make it to where the tracks and cars are not tied together with vmods or what ever you want to call them, some folks will require older versions of mods.

17. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Try this (both points):
    A) Go to Control Panel -> Network and Internet-> Click on Internet Options -> Security -> Custom Level, Under Miscellaneous, Access data sources across domains, check enable.
    B) disable DHT (right click at the bottom of the client-utorrent) and select disable DHT.

Then run Setup Guide again. If that doesn't work just google the error you get and see if there is any other solution.

18. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

@DurgeDriven:
    You are simplifying too much based on your own example :p

Exactly. For some tracks that have very fast updates it would be probably easier to remove older versions. But for tracks that for example have an update only once a month it is not so wise to remove the older version because in this time there is possibly quite a few vmods that use that track and some of them may not get updated (or at least not as soon as new track version is released).
    That said - yes, I have considered doing another torrent for older versions of the tracks. Currently the inconvenience is that it is hard to automate this process (I have very nice automation now). And also the logic of when does the track move to the older locations torrent needs to be chosen so it is best (maybe I'll leave last and previous version in the "last" location torrent). Or maybe just move locations based on release date (for example move location 2(?) weeks after new version has been released to the old version torrent).

19. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

One new and one updated track - updated torrent, link in first post!

Last update: 2012-11-11
    Added Canyelles54 v1.00
    Added Motor Sport Ranch v0.91

20. tjc

tjc Registered

Cheers Abriel, I very much appreciate the help.

Got the tracks torrent downloaded now, it actually finished quite quickly after all so now all I need to do is download the track updates as they come... (I see there`s some updates already ^^)

Thanks again for the help and the torrent. :)