Download - All locations (torrent)

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Abriel Nei, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Elwood69

Elwood69 Registered

2. argo0

argo0 Registered

This is really helpful, thanks Abriel

3. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Another update in the same day - updated torrent, link in first post!

Last update: 2012-11-05 v2
    Added Salem Valley v1.01

4. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

One new and one updated track - updated torrent, link in first post!

Last update: 2012-11-06
    Added Deuna City Circuit v1.02
    Added Motor Sport Ranch v0.9

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2012
  5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Abriel not being picky mate would it be time to strip older versions of tracks that people not need to load to packages.

For someone newbies it may be a bit confusing was all I was thinking.

6. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

In theory I agree but what versions are not used by people? If I look at my mod manager every location is in use by at least one mod.

7. thx138

thx138 Registered

Thanks for the work. well done:rolleyes:

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Ah mate I did not think about/realize this, well apart from the ISI versions.....doh

Still I fail to see why people won't update their mods with the latest versions, it is not like you can select a earlier version of the track unless you un-install the later one. ..... mmmmm ?

I have only worried about F3 and making 2 mods to divide locations
    Historic < '79 and Modern > '79

As you see in pics I dropped Putnam v0.2 and Watkins v 0.2 for no reason other then less complicate locations and my "full" real road pack.

I have all official content plus Bryan's and my F3 mods and have tested other mods in most everything and track combos.

The only 2 tracks are " doubled up " are Mills and Palm Beach and as they are both offical content and not included in torrent so it does not really matter. ;)

9. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Not sure what you mean - I don't see any problems with selecting an earlier version of the track, you don't need to uninstall any (previous or later) tracks.

10. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

One updated track - updated torrent, link in first post!

Last update: 2012-11-07
    Added Deuna City Circuit v1.03

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

How do you pick a earlier version with the later one installed ?
    How do you even see it. ? i m ust be doing something wrong. :)

It is only ISI content and the buggy Black Hole I have ever had double icons. ?

The only reason there was ever 2 icons for tracks was the way the updates came, remeber they also bugged the mirrors... but that wont be normal.

I have and frankly only want one icon for each track.

So you have double of tracks through menu okay, (still don't understand how )
    or to what end.

If you have friends use early versions with their mods tell them to shake a leg and update them.

That way newbies will be able to be oblivious to all versions. We do need to think about the people buying Gold.

This is a natural progression over time... out with the old in with the new.

Cutting un-needed versions from the torrent already reduces the size a good deal and it is only going to get bigger and bigger.

Going to have to start to happen sooner or later if you make torrents too big you will start to reduce its effectiveness
    when someone wants only a few parts.

I very happy how the torrent is mate, was only suggestions. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2012
  12. Dimahoo

Dimahoo Registered

This is so cool. Makes hunting so much easier.

13. rer8

rer8 Registered

I agree with DurgDriven. My Packages folder is currently 7.2 GB, and using this torrent my folder is growing exponentially every time we add a new version. I really like and appreciate the torrent and short of an All Tracks/All Cars for multiplayer I see no alternative to an ever growing list of Tracks with multiple listings, particularly if I want to have the liberty of finding and joining random games on the match maker list. Soon we will be seeing a growing list of Cars as well.

For what it is worth my concern is we will eventually have bloated folders with multiple listings of Cars, Tracks, and rfmods and goodness knows what else just to play online… is this the best way… I know I am back to my “Dead Horse” analogy from a previous post, but I see no end to the rapid growth using current online control rules.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2012
  14. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Ah I guess you are talking about single player...I don't know about that, I hardly ever run it. I was talking about selecting tracks for vmod and hosting that.

About tracks I guess I don't see a problem yet...ok 8Gb (half of that are official ISI mods). The sizes would be much smaller (at least in theory) if everyone would do updates instead of full releases. The right thing to do would be to be smart with releases - if you look at this example:
    Deuna city circuit

2012-11-05 released version 1.01.
    Changes: Track renamed. Real Road and background scenario implemented.
    My take: Major new things, deserves a full release.

2012-11-06 released 1.02.
    Changes: Missing guardrail. Some textures improved.
    My take: Minor things, also only one day after the previous release therefore this should be an update not a full release.

2012-11-07 released 1.03
    Changes: Another missing wall.
    My take: Only one minor thing was changed, also only one day after the previous release therefore this should be an update not a full release.

The problem is there is no clear logic when to do a full release vs only update. Also if only a few modders do it properly it means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Another potential problem could be users who would want a full release instead of update so modder would in the end have to release both (update and full release). And that means even more work for the modder. And possibly more problems for inexperienced users who would download update and wouldn't have the previous version then wondering why that doesn't work...
    So in the end I guess it is best to have only full releases until ISI completes this packaging system (as I understand features are still missing).

Also cars are not so problematic at least for most of people because I think most only race a few different series.

15. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

New track - updated torrent, link in first post!

Last update: 2012-11-09
    Added Lutzland Circuit v1.00

16. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Seeders please! ;)

17. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

New track - updated torrent, link in first post!

Last update: 2012-11-10
    Added Indianapolis v0.1

18. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Tx Abriel :cool:

19. MarkusK

MarkusK Registered

Thank you so much!!! :)

20. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok guys...

A question:

Started up the torrent with uTorrent and it`s been going now for about 45 minutes but it`s very slow...

22.2 kB/s - 33 kB/s and it`s saying it`s going to take 1d 8h to download lol.

Now I know it can speed up as I`ve seen this before but surely I can get it downloading faster than that?

I also know it depends on my connection but it`s usually pretty good and quite fast...

Any ideas anybody as if it`s going to take as long as this to download I`ll have to go back to getting things one at a time...