[REL] DAMPlugin for rF2

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

Probably a stupid question but a thought did come into my head about analysis of the MoTeC data. Has anyone tried uploading a MoTeC file to an AI (not the computer cars) provider such as ChatGPT etc to see where improvements can be made? I know nothing about these but assuming there is sufficient data for it to learn from I am assuming that AI could provide an analysis? How good it would be I have no idea but as I said just a thought.

2. Paolo Pennimpede

Paolo Pennimpede Registered

Sorry, a little OT.

This is what I had on my old steering input overlay on Simhub:

Code:
    [DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.CurrentPlayerTelemetry.mUnfilteredSteering]*[DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.CurrentPlayerTelemetry.mPhysicalSteeringWheelRange]/2
    This is the modified version for LMU and it's just ok comparing to my real wheel position

Code:
    [DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.CurrentPlayerTelemetry.mUnfilteredSteering]*[DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.CurrentPlayerTelemetry.mVisualSteeringWheelRange]/4

3. prescient

prescient Registered

ChatGPT wouldn’t be any good at this type of analysis. The way to think about ChatGPT is that it is guessing the next word in a sentence. It doesn’t understand numbers.

The way for algorithms to understand how to get faster around the track would be to develop some sort of reinforcement learning algorithm. So as the algorithm completes more laps it better learns the track. There was a motorcycle game that took this approach. It would be interesting for sim racing because you could theoretically have it optimize setups as well. You could also have it learn to race with other cars, but would have to have a really smart penalty system or else it would probably learn to put competitors in the wall with a little bump to the tail.

The compute required would be enormous.

Paolo Pennimpede likes this.
  4. Jebus

Jebus Registered

First of all, thanks for the plugin. I can't figure out how to get a track map in motec with LMU. Is it even possible atm? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

5. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

On Motec, Menu Add >> Track Position..

It will add the track component to your current worksheet...

Right click on track component >> "Track Editor..."

Then click on "Generate Track..." >> OK (no need to change any parameters)..

If your log file have a good amount of laps, Motec will be able to auto generate the track map based on your laps.

6. Jebus

Jebus Registered

Thanks. I've tried that too but getting an error "Track generation failed. Could not get data for the 'CG Accel Lateral' channel". There is no such channel in channels list. Log file has 7 laps. All channels are enabled in damplugin.ini. Just to make sure, I'm talking about Le Mans Ultimate.

Edit. Nevermind, got it to work. Changed the channel to 'G Force Lat' and presto. Thanks.

Last edited: May 27, 2024
  7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You should be able to use GPS instead, it'll log fine in LMU.

Thanks @ebeninca for the cover :D

ebeninca likes this.
  8. Jebus

Jebus Registered

What could be wrong then because using GPS in track position widget or adding GPS track doesn't work? GPS track shows empty window and GPS in track position gives an error "Could not get data for the 'GPS Latitude' channel".

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Check your GPS correction settings, Tools -> Corrected GPS. You should be able to not select "Enable Corrected GPS Calculations".

When generating the track, select GPS and if you need to select the GPS latitude and longitude channels in there. The data logs fine, so it's probably your project settings that are trying to use something else (happens often when dealing with different games / loggers).

Jebus likes this.
  10. Jebus

Jebus Registered

This made me think. I was using some ancient project that I probably used already with Simbin Race series. So I started with a toatlly new project and everything works now.

Thanks for the help guys.

ebeninca and Lazza like this.
  11. Emierbeach

Emierbeach Registered

Hi,
    I'm having a problem with some of the data being quite unrealistic. For example I'm getting -273 degrees for my tyre temperature and 0 Newton for various other things like tyre load, drag or downforce. Would be grateful for some help.Thanks in advance

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Is that with the AI driving?

(Also, some cars - DLC for example - will block some of the data. But basic things like tyre temp should be fine)

13. Emierbeach

Emierbeach Registered

Yes, that's right.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok, that's normal then. The AI use their own physics model, a lot like the rFactor 1 player model, but with some simplifications. Tyre temp either isn't a thing or gets reported as 0 (kelvin). Others like load etc are the same.

I think the closest you can get to AI driving player physics is in devmode (Ctrl-I from memory, only your car) but I can't remember if even that will log the values correctly.

ebeninca likes this.
  15. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

It's the I key only, and it works in normal game too.

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, that's AI physics. I'm talking about the player physics / tyre model.

ebeninca likes this.
  17. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Interesting, I didn't know about this possibility