[REL] Corvette C6.r ZR1 2013 & C7R 2014/15 by UnitedRacingDesign July 2016

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Nov 29, 2013.

1. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Thank you guys!

@MapleHamwich that AI crashes there seem to be track problem. Looks like waypoint is there set to cut the corner to much.

@Empty Box thx for the feedback and for pointing me that no light should come from the back, i completly forgot that and i think i should be able to block it actually.
    For the tail lights, hmm, they should work actually properly, ive tested them alot but will recheck if i missed something in the material settings.

2. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

They "work", but the light displayed is the brake light when off the brake.

The way you have it modeled now is the headlights / taillights are always on per NotACO rules, correctly. Because the lights are always on, the taillights are as well. When you turn on the headlights according to rF2, the taillights should not change at all because the lights are already on. :)

3. Tosch

Tosch Registered

No fuel???

4. UnitedRacingDesign

Daylights should be allways on and this all bit tricky. Ive done them like they are used in race. front lights work now so-daylight allways on and night light. rear lights work so-day light on, barely visible during day-night light and brake lights. Everything was done to get right effects actually out-day/night and brake.

5. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

Thank Ales

Very good mod and very good driving sensations :)

6. JohnnoNinja

JohnnoNinja Registered

Regarding the tail/brake light, it's perhaps a bit difficult to see when the car starts braking when the lights are on. Both times the outer circle of a light unit is illuminated, except under braking it got a bit more intensity.
    The following video after 0:34 might clarify what I mean

I'm not quite sure how this is on the real car, but perhaps it's more visible when the entire light unit lights up under braking like in the next video at 0:55

(2010 C6R)

I like the onboard sounds, but the external sound might be a bit lower/darker in my opinion.

Great car and lots of fun to drive! Thnx Ales!

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Nice car, thanks Ales... my only concern is that it's really heavy on fps. With 16 AI and single screen I got only 54 fps at the start in Mills (low reflections, almost everything else full and on). Would have imagined better fps with my hardware.

Would the fps be better with 16 human drivers in online? I won't reduce my settings only for one mod. Would like to know so I could consider buying this mod....

8. EraZr1

EraZr1 Registered

9. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Tig, you do know that you can turn reflections off and still have them, and gain fps?

10. Goat

Goat Registered

This is awesome!! Care to share? Please.

11. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

I can't imagine anyone concerned about 54 FPS... ;)

12. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

At the start, that's very good indeed.

13. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

At the end also:p

14. UnitedRacingDesign

This one will come directly with the car to in next version. Maybe EraZr1 can share it before allready if he wants it.

15. UnitedRacingDesign

I will be tweaking offcourse the cars more and more over time to get better FPS out but there is time that some will have to lower settings to. Im not really sure how many other mods in rf2 are running cars with this polycounts, textures... but i dont think there are alot of them if any sofar. I think the ISI camaro is somewhere around our cars but we do have alot of parts detachable, cars beeing build with engine, trunk parts. BES mod is somewhere close to but that one doesnt use the textures as we do.

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

It was nice to see detacable parts. Not sure though that front bumper should fall off after bump from a kerb.

Got 70-90 fps in a practice session with 12 AIs... pretty heavy still, but I guess it's ok then.

Car is fun to drive, good sounds etc. Hard to lock-up but not impossible, quite understeery (not default setup). Still I'm convinced.

Are the other cars same quality in ffb and physics?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2013
  17. UnitedRacingDesign

You got it off after bump on kerb? :D Will have to tweak slighly damage ini than.

18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

well I tried Black Hole Ring and some AI drivers went over those things that prevent you from cutting a corner and they went airborne :D I have wague memory that sometimes it fell off too easily but don't just take my word for it :) maybe others have different opinion.

19. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

"Are the other cars same quality in ffb and physics?"

I just bought the 2 packs and I love all cars, but my favorite is the "EGT Darche" very good physics and ffb (with my T500RS) but I wait for the cokpit update (no dashboard and no wheel)

20. Miro

Miro Registered

;)