[REL] Corvette C6.r ZR1 2013 & C7R 2014/15 by UnitedRacingDesign July 2016

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Nov 29, 2013.

1. INSQMNIAC

INSQMNIAC Registered

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014
  2. canastos

canastos Registered

Wow!, that's a seriously good looking screenshot :D

And the car feels good too ;)

byyyyyyyye

3. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Absolute stunning detail in the cockpit! Can I ask a silly one.. Do the df upgrades actually effect performance or are they only visual?

4. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

Should be visual only.

5. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Exactly, but this is only for now. Once we can say physics is 100% and other stuff are done they will have effect to.

6. Robert Gödicke

Wow, didn't know this was actually possible. That sounds cool to be honest. Seeing a rear wing on your opponents car which has a lower angle than yours will give away his setup characteristics then. :)
    I think it's also very cool for example in the Formula ISI car that you can see which tires everyone is using. rFactor 2 is so much better than rFactor 1 in all kinds of aspects (aside from visual damage, there's still no vertex deformation in rFactor 2 yet).

7. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

View attachment 11960

8. Minibull

Minibull Member

9. Robert Gödicke

That's not vertex deformation. :)

This is what I mean, and I haven't seen anything like this in rFactor 2 yet:

[​IMG]

10. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

Many hardcore simmers say this kind of feature is useless in simulation, but they are ok with invulnerability and pressing esc and magically appears on pitlane without no time penalty to reconstruct their cars...

lol, if it was landed upside down, you could manage to come back to pits in reverse gear. Or in super speed using mirrors.
    "here i am pit crew, solve this"

11. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I just had something weird happen, maybe Ales can explain. I was almost done with an offline practice session with the URD Corvette on McNolo's new Bahrain. I was like why not and took the Vette for some infield desert rallying. It is soft sand on the infield and I drove around a bit in the dunes and I got stuck on a ridge with my front tires dug in and my rear tires having hollowed out some of the sand and spinning. One of the wheels was in the sand more than the other, but neither was free. It was the middle of the car that was really stuck in the sand.

The diff was set to 40/50 and when I went to out-of-car view from the rear to see how I was stuck, I could see my rear wheels spinning. But here's the thing- when I first came on to the power, the left wheel would spin then the diff would lock up the right wheel and they both would spin- exactly as I expected. But as they spun up faster and I neared red line..... the right wheel STOPPED spinning and only the left rear tire spun. A Limited Slip Diff is not supposed to do this. It is supposed to slip then lock up and stay locked up. Why does the right wheel stop at high revs?

If I let off the throttle, the right wheel stays stopped and will only spin when I get on the throttle again.

12. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Here is a video- I went back to the same dune and did it again, so it was not a one-shot deal, it is reproducible. Hopefully there's a reason this happens and it isn't a problem with the way ISI diffs are implemented.

13. Robert Gödicke

I am no expert of the real thing and how a limited diff is supposed to work exactly, but I believe what you are seeing here is that your rear left tire is actually up in the air while the rear right touches the ground (therefore it's not spinning because it doesn't get locked), even if it doesn't look this way.

Once again, I don't know for sure and I haven't tested this, but notice where the grass(?) particle are coming off your wheels? Maybe there's a clipping error in that part of the track (who would debug that area anyway :D ?), and your wheels are touching the collision model from below? Each time the rear left tire spits out some grass, it bumps to the bottom, like it bounces off an invisible contact floor above the tire.

Would be better to test this on a high curb I think (I don't know which track sports curbs high enough to floor the car's chassis though right now). Have you tried that?

14. canastos

canastos Registered

Maybe any Traction Control enabled?

byyyyyyyye

15. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Oh I forgot to add, I don't know if this has been mentioned but the font is too big for the laps in the cockpit display. Once you roll over 100 laps only the first 2 digits are displayed so you end up seeing 10 for laps 100-109, then 11 for laps 110-119 etc.

16. Robert Gödicke

I don't know if it was mentioned already, but are the headlight supposed to be always on? The outer 2 lights are always on. I don't think this is intended.

17. UnitedRacingDesign

Yeah i made them so, might be added to other our cars, have to see about it. It was a test on vette.

@Guy Moulton yes, i have this issues on other cars to, will fix it.

18. Robert Gödicke

Ok, but shouldn't it be the 2 inner lights instead of the outer ones? Like this?

[​IMG]

19. UnitedRacingDesign

I have some pics they used the outter ones, have to check it thought again.

20. MMartin

MMartin Registered

If someone is interested...we are going for a championship (8 races ) with this car... we will switch to EGT cars in september.

Please take a look here o write me a PM if interested. ;)