[REL] Corvette C6.r ZR1 2013 & C7R 2014/15 by UnitedRacingDesign July 2016

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

i have noticed in LCD display, that the position is only one character. from position 10-19 there is "1" and from 20-29 "2". only from 1-9 it shows the correct position.
    The Corvette is my new favorite car. It is so much fun to drive. Thanks Ales!!!!

2. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

In my t500rs wheel the sensations are perfect with this mod. Perhaps there is excessive overheating in the front tires but the mod is very good. :)

3. argo0

argo0 Registered

Thanks for this, very nice mod. Some very good work.

For me, though, it seems a bit simple to drive fast. Just had a go round Nords after getting used to the car at Sebring(did 2.02 or 2.03, can't remember), and I feel sure that if I were to give the real car the same inputs as I was giving this round Nords, I would be locking up and spinning all over the place. As I would in ISI's Corvette in fact. I felt that I didn't have to take much care and was able to be too reckless.

Could have been set up related of course. I didn't stray too far from default, just took loads of rear wing off.

Also, yet another release(which I realise I'm lucky to have) that doesn't allow independent mirror adjustment.

I also think I read somewhere that the mod creator was aiming for a more fun, accessible and slightly easier driving experience with this mod. Dont quote me on that, but I'm sure I remember something to that effect. It certainly achieves those aims.

Thanks again.

4. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I just noticed that this evening, I was on lime rock, just goofing around. Kept thinking it was nuts that I was in position 2. Sure enough on the monitor page I was in position 20. It's missing a digit.

5. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Thx guys.

Will redo those digits.
    @argo0 yes the side mirrors give me issues for while now. Will try to fix them to be adjustable.

6. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

"For me, though, it seems a bit simple to drive fast"

Same feeling for me but if you go very fast you "go in the scenery"!
    Imo, these URD cars are great, specially the Darche EGT (try it on pokoyopark, at full speed, it's awesome!) maybe easier than ISI cars but what fun!

7. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I already said in the thread for the full mod... seeing that we have so little "seat of pants" feeling on our home setups, I really don't want a car like ISI Brabham where you spend most of a lap picking it out of the vegetation. Give me a car that is easy to drive, but challenging to drive at competitive laptimes.

8. JohnnoNinja

JohnnoNinja Registered

Great car Ales! It's a blast to drive!

9. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Fantastic car, this. Really enjoying it. One of those cars I can just lap and lap and lap.

Very driveable, fun, looks great, sounds awesome, very detailed cockpit. Excellent mod. Well done!

10. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Wow since my wheel broke I am missing some cool stuff...

Thank you for this car!

11. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

No! Don't pick on the Brabham! :eek: I believe it's very accurate.
    The EGT cars may be easy to drive, and probably that's realistic, but it doesn't mean the Brabham isn't!
    It's actually very easy to drive when you have spent some time in it. I never spend any time in the vegetation and I drive it quite fast..

Btw, keep up the good work Ales. I'm looking forward to next update!

12. boxer

boxer Registered

The car is lots of fun to drive.:)

Great work Ales, Good Model, textures and sound...

Thanks for the freebee

13. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

A bit of topic here. All the talk in these threads about 'easy' and 'difficult'. In the end, when one tries to maximize ones' performance, no matter on what dicipline in life, regardless of its essential difficulty, it's always difficult:).

14. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

I agree with all the posts so far. Fun car to drive. Is it ISI Vette sim? Probably not but still good enough for some good fun racing. Very nice FFB in it.
    One strange thing I notice it seems like the rear of the car "looks better" than the front. Can't put my finger on it or describe it better than with a photo I took last night.

[​IMG]

15. Vistaro

Vistaro Registered

Very well said.

16. sg333

sg333 Registered

Quick comment on the sound - in 6th gear at Silverstone when the car hits the 'limiter' it sounds like the same sound trundling down pit lane at 30mph, seems a bit 'off'. Might sound better with that bit deleted or edited a bit :)

17. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

On the limit sounds are always lacking in drama.. They really don't give you that sense of AT ANY MOMENT YOU COULD BE KILLED AND EXPLODE.. Too much dynamic range sound compensation.

18. BB-Cat

BB-Cat Registered

Thank You very much!
    Super nice racing car. I can't stop from driving, it is so much fun!

19. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Will this mod feature all the bells and whistles that ISI cars do?? Like chassis flex, tire model, etc??

20. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Also more outside car views? Those views where the camera is attached to the car but focusing on various aspects, like the front, rear, side, hood, dash and so on. Those views are fun for screenshots and replays and I hope they add them.

Also I just tested this car a bunch and it really feels underpowered for some reason, it's really hard to get any kind of on-throttle over-steer and very easy to drive without any kind of worry. it's cool but It feels kind of strange and too easy.