Communities and the re-activation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Valter Cardoso, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Emery

Emery Registered

> Talking to some members they expressed they do not want to pay to activate the license while new things dont come.

Those members must not be doing any updates... in the past 6 months:

1) New content
    ...BTCC Honda
    ...Panoz Roadster
    ...karts
    ...kart track
    ...ATV
    ...ATV track
    ...Formula Renault
    ...IRL cars
    ...Indianapolis track

2) New features
    ...Automatic HDR
    ...enhanced AI editing capabilities
    ...better video performance for ATI
    ...some other stuff I can't recall

3) One bad multiplayer release that was fixed in less than a month

I fully expect ISI will release more content and new features. It's very likely many bugs will be fixed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2014
  2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Maybe with a better combo and line-up on ISI servers there'd be more "movement." Stock them up with F-Renault, F-Indy (not just oval oval oval oval), BTCC Civic, and GTs of all eras mixed up.

3. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

You go from idiot to retard in 2 seconds.
    This is not a whinners thread.
    This is about rf2, communities, and the lack of new drivers.
    This is about sharing thougths with other simracing communities owners.
    Not my fault people didnt understand the meaning of this and make it a rf2/ac new thread. I expressed only the feedback we get from our members.
    I could said sorry for calling you and idiot and a retard but no, i prefer some sort of punishment instead of being an hipocrite like you. Its cause of people like you that this fórum is full of sh%#&. You came on threads just to inflame it. Your post is very usefull.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Servers have those combos often. No?

Sent using Tapatalk

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Last I checked we had Méganes, and the Indycars were always on 2014 Oval. Here's a post from a while ago:

"With the recent content, is there another chance for an update? I believe one server should have F-R 2014 rotating around stock ISI tracks that are fitting (Sepang, Palm Beach, Silvy, LRP West Chicane, Mills Inner B or C, etc), another should have Indycar rotating all Indy versions, another with Historics (F1s and G4/G6) as they are, and lastly perhaps BTCC Civic at Silverstone and a couple more (tracks)."

6. 88mphTim

I would like to ref more content, but I fall into the issue with vmods where people need all content. Luckily it won't be like that forever, but is for now.

I will change the content when I get home though, it has been a while.

Sent using Tapatalk

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

It would help if one ISI server has always historics imho.

8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I dont understand this...
    Vmods can be downloaded automatically and high speed downloads are available for missing components with "get component".

I thought this updated getmod feature solved the issue of vmods requiring multiple components which you refer to.

I dont know for sure what are you referring to, when you saying it will not be like that forever but i can only imagine that you refer to being able to join if active track and vehicles are installed. Can you confirm it, Tim?
    It would be certainly useful to setup one vmod for an entire championship without requiring drivers to have all tracks installed and without having to renew vmod after each race. Just reload the same vmod selecting next track.
    enviado mediante tapatalk

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

:)

10. 88mphTim

As stated, you won't need all content in a rotation, no. Getmod doesn't solve the issue of the time required to download a full rotation. You won't really have to worry about making a vMod at all. This is, again, part of the effort to improve what we have more than adding brand new things (although most of this will be a brand new feature, replacing most of the current ways of doing things). I don't have an estimation of when for this at this time, no. :) Content of this post is mostly new info I haven't said before.

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

The clue was enough to imagine it..

12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Item 3 was only partly fixed and still going on. which somewhat erases point 1 and 2 for online drivers. if u can't join or only half of the times then what's the point?

13. Emery

Emery Registered

I hear some people are having troubles with joins, but I've only experienced the problem once in Build 660, where GetMod never lit up for Durge's F3 server. Closed & reopened rFactor multiplayer and then it worked.

Otherwise, I've jumped around to a half dozen different servers with no problem.

14. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Ah ok, so you have no problems therefore there are no problems. fair enough :)

15. peterchen

peterchen Registered

LOL!!
    Do you hear the pack whining and shouting already? :D;);)

16. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

660 build was flawed by the joining problems but the problem has not been solved entirely as Tim admitted.

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ah ok, so you read someone saying they've had no problems and assume they think no one else has or should. Fair enough :)

18. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

It will sound stupid but when I get the greyed button I have the feeling is because I do not wait long enough until the server I want to enter highlights when passing the pointer on it before right clicking on it. I changr the server and try again pressing the button when the server is highlighted for at least a second. Might worth a try if you usually get the problem!

19. Emery

Emery Registered

Thanks for putting words in my mouth :)

20. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

I just had several of my league members 're-activate' this weekend, myself included. I'd say half of them mentioned frustration at having to pay again, however the price is very cheap and it's yearly not monthly so that's a big plus over the same frustration we have all felt with iRacing. I think we're lucky to be getting what we're getting... I would say that having to wait for re-activation from the company for a few days is a major pain in the butt. 2 of my members had to wait a few days while we all raced and set up servers. On the other hand I realize that rFactor was hacked before and that they have a legitimate concern in protecting against piracy. I think the system should be more automated though.

My members drive anything, but want stock cars for league racing and since that isn't available they have not showed the same interest as in rFactor. Now that stock cars are on the horizon they have peaked back up. As I said I just got some of us to re-activate this weekend. We set up a couple of dedicated servers (~bTp~) and we'll be trying to be more active. We have some preliminary stock cars put together but nothing finished and of course nothing compared to what ISI is working on. We wait with bated breath for their release.

I have not seen any numbers on sales, but if online players are any indication, it does not look to me like Tim and ISI have made a ton of sales and frankly I'm surprised and pleased that they are still working on it. Companies don't run on wishes and dreams, they run on capital and ISI is a business. Instead of asking ISI to do more for less, should we not do more ourselves? Should we not be proselytizing rFactor2? blogging, sharing, tweeting and what not? instead of talking about what isn't done or what we don't have, should we not be talking about the incredible system that we do have and how it can be molded into whatever we want it to be? I think there is a critical mass number we have to achieve, one where there are enough people with the sim to provide a nice base of players online so that when people log on there is someone around to race with. As I write this there are 53 people online racing, 8 in one server, 5 in another the rest with mostly 1-2 or 3 drivers, mostly 1. And then if I want to race with them there is a good chance I have to wait to download the missing components, then I have to hope they will all install correctly. I think it would be more wise to download content on an as needed basis for joining servers, perhaps a choice, you want to download just the content needed for this round? or all of the server content? Guess I'm already out of the loop on this as it is being addressed with getmod.

overall I'm definitely pleased with the simulator and the progress... and once there are working stock cars we'll be off to the races so to speak with users.

IMO: I don't think your question is "whining" I think these are just typical conversations that happen in the production of any product.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2014