Circuit Of The Americas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RCRacing, Apr 27, 2013.

1. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

2. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

There is some number of modders working on some tracks at the moment. There are also many tracks that no one is working on at the moment. This track is one of them.

How's that for a reason? :)

3. Lecram

Lecram Registered

Lol, would be interesting with an Eve or Spark F1 though :p

4. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

It's strange that nobody yet have converted it from rF1... (well, I don't use rF1, I'm only guessing. Feels like you can have everything you want in rF1 lol). A few converted tracks are really nice in rF2, actually. But of course scratch built tracks are preferable.

But will we see that in rF2? So many different mods. I can imagine some modders are waiting for rF2 to go gold, but rF2 will never go 'gold', because it will be in constantly development :p How do we know when rF2 is in that stage that it is not - but could be considered as 'gold'? :p heh

Why is no one working on tracks I like!?
    Why is no one working on more 1960's tracks? Nordschleife? Kyalami? Zandvoort? etc ;)

5. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Is that because you have watched the 'Lotus 49 onboard' video? :rolleyes:
    However, agreed.

6. Lecram

Lecram Registered

7. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

cough probably cos all the rf1 versions are straight out of F1 so you wont c them here

8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

9. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Best way to get the tracks you like is to make them, otherwise people will just make the tracks they like and if your lucky they will also share it so you get to use it too.

10. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Why is it strange? :)
    Someone would say it's strange nobody converted Suzuka and someone else would say it's strange nobody converted Oschersleben.
    And why on Earth no one converted Vancouver, yet? ;)

See my point?

11. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Sv: Circuit Of The Americas

I saw your point in your first post.

It's strange because we have so many converted tracks already, that's what i meant.

12. Andy_RF2

Andy_RF2 Registered

Saw this and just had to reply :p

I will readily and easily admit to being a fan of Sim Raceway, using it most days/nights and have great fun in the Quick Races and Events!! I say this with no shame or embarrassment whatsoever lol

Despite popular belief, it is not "full" of "crashers", "rammers" and "idiots/trolls/greifers" but of course racing incidents, incompetence, poor judgment, keyboard racers, (name your own bad thing here lol) do and will happen from time to time as they do in ALL Sims/Games online including (shock, horror) Rfactor 2!! :rolleyes: As an example, I raced in it last night from 10pm - 3am (UK Time), on at least 4 different tracks, had maybe 12-15 races and didn't get rammed off once and met some great like minded racers. Also, with SRW staff always around the built in "chat" system, any really disruptive people are usually dealt with swiftly after a few "genuine racers" have complained about them. The staff even join in the race to see exactly what the "idiot" is doing for themselves LOL....Now that's a pretty good system

As it's based on ISI's own Rfactor 1 engine it's also just GOT to be great and SRW have done a really good job with it IMO In fact, I would go as far to say that the physics of SRW are probably easily as good as what anyone else has managed by licensing this engine off ISI, (just my own opinion and observations over the years ).

It's also still only in "beta" after a year and with tons of new and unique features to come in future, like creating your own races, mulit-class racing, social features (Friends lists similar to Xbox360 etc) and more, I think it's going to be a LOT more fun than it is right now.

I LOVE anything done by ISI, admire them as a company and go way back to the early days of SCGT (Sports Car GT for the young uns lol) and that was superb when it came out in 1998-99 and what got modding started in a really MASSIVE way (Yes, I know there was Viper Racing and NASCAR Heat modding before that). I still have the original boxed CD today!!! OK, so SRW is no Rfactor 2 in the physics and a couple of other departments and it's never going to be, but it's still a lot of fun.

While even the "hardcore Multiplayer Sim Guys" wait for RF2 to become very busy online, (which I know it will), why not come and give SimRaceway a go? The more the merrier and with 3 free cars to get started, ALL the tracks are free, and the most popular cars pretty much inexpensive to buy, you have nothing to lose except a few hours of fun!!

Disclaimer lol:

I am just a racer at SRW and I have no affiliation with them other than that. I am not Staff or a "Moderator", a "fanboi" nor anything else, (Just in case you're wondering). I just couldn't resist replying when I saw that there "may" be possible "shame" linked to using SRW LOL!!!!!!:D

Now, go get an account signed up and come fill the ranks and have fun!! lol

(Bet this post causes some, er, answers lol :eek: )

Andy_RF2

13. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Sounds good to me. Been a LONG time since I've been there and understand they have been investing heavily. I've been having fun running btcc courses in race 07. Fun as hell and they really nail the fwd understeer sensation thru ffb.

14. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Someone did, but it was from Race 07 and has no RealRoad so it's kind of useless. It's a shame too- I love that track.

15. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

I'm grateful for any tracks that are released.
    That said, I generally hate Herman Tilke's (or whatever he's called) tracks
    and that track at Austin is no exception.

Just sayin'. :D

16. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Tilke's circuit designs have drawn a fair amount of criticism but he's been responsible for some really good ones, of which COTA is one of them in my opinion. I wasn't expecting it to be anything special but last year's US Grand Prix showed what a great circuit it is. I like how it has got elements of other circuits all rolled into one, and the climb up to the hairpin at turn 1 is awesome.

Remember, Sepang is another Tilke track and that's a really fun track too (imo). Istanbul is another great circuit of his.

17. Radar

Radar Registered

I do have this track on the cards myself but it's a long way from being touched as I'm working on another couple of tracks at the moment (scratch). SO, if it's not released by someone, it will be released by myself when I get the time.

18. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

@Radar Tx for this

19. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

20. Banger

Banger Registered

there you go lordpants, now you have no excuses :p