Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans (2018) is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Filip

Filip Registered

Maybe it is because of track length? If his res textures were used than it could cause too large memory footprint because track is much longer than Sebring?
    Just a guess.

2. lagg

lagg Registered

Tinking about NOS, i hope not.

3. krusti

krusti Registered

Cattura.PNG Cattura1.PNG

Both looks great, and different kind of surfaces also, but the realroad in Le Mans imho is a step up.

4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

if I'm not mistaken LM is using some of the new shaders and one of them is for the real road

5. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I understand what you mean, and I agree, the old tarmac of Sebring gives an impression of detail.

But what I'm telling you is that Sebring's textures, when you get close to them, are much more detailed.

You can check it yourself by taking a view stuck to the road.

STF YVR likes this.
  6. Stevy

Stevy Registered

Indeed. The the shaders for the real road are really top notch.
    In the stream the real road did look really nice and realistic even on "high" setting.
    But with all the new shaders for tracks and cars I hope that the free content will be also updated in th near future.
    For now just paid content has the new stuff

juanchioooo likes this.
  7. Travis

Travis Registered

S397's tracks have been exemplary and I love their work on Le Mans and Sebring which are worth every cent.

I am not too fussed about trees being slightly different as on the whole, rF2 has the best Le Man's currently available in a consumer product.

Prior to this, ISI's Silverstone was a high point for rF2 and remains one of the best examples of what gMotor 2.5 can do with talented artists at the helm.

Reiza's DLC tracks are also fantastic.

8. enduser

enduser Registered

I dont have LM (atm) i m coming from the nords thread discussion.

...but maybe its the texture bias, s397 in new tarmac uses 0 bias in RR shader from what i see in 3dsimed, like silverstone which is based on the track when it was brand new i think, if silvertone tarmac looks blurry to you compared to other tracks (same graphics settings) then we agree. Same with botniaring bias at 0 tarmac looks blurry, imo you need at least -0.5 , and -1 (max) is plenty sharp, new or old tarmac should be depicted in the diffuse texture.

Anyway from 0 to -1 its a huge difference and it seems theres no standard or guidance about this. I personally also use the Hanning filter for texture mips in the nvidia ps plugin which is very sharp and detailed filter and RR bias at -1 and i get vivid and detailed road textures without any flickering at all.

I hope nords doesnt have that problem.