Chevrolet Camaro GT3 v1.61 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Nov 8, 2015.

1. gpfan

gpfan Registered

Thanks mate, tuning part is the "old" upgrades tab menu..... ;)

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Please tell me I read that wrong... Are you saying you have to pre-select your TC characteristic in the car-select screen rather then being able to adjust it once you're in the garage (not to mention while actually out on track)?

3. Justy

Justy Registered

Maybe there are plans to improve the driver assists, some time in the future? Perhaps this is just a placeholder, kind of like what we have now, for the transmission model, in certain cars.

4. TJones

TJones Registered

IMO, both TC settings (agression and amount of slip) should be placed in the setup setion, for those cars which are equiped with TC in RL.
    But in the driver assist section if not. Would require UI-changes of course.

5. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

UI will change, there was a time when it was being developed but was postponed due to it being too time consuming.

I very much agree that we need this TC setting in setup/garage window or even shown on dashboard if rl car has it too so you can change it on a fly with clicks of a button just like brake bias.

Right now I'm trying to figure out if TC and abs aids work as a generic aids that take care of what it should do with each car the same way or is it car specific, so low for Camaro GT3 isn't the same as low TC for some road car that has it as well.

6. AceLain

AceLain Registered

I think it is car specfic...

I tried the TC at LOW with the URD, it was insane... The TC kicked in in each corner...
    After that I tried the TC on the ISI Vette... it was a lot less, and the TC was more permissive.
    I think.

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

So what is the "factory" race car TC setting? The default in the tuning menu?

8. TJones

TJones Registered

I know i claimed some of the latest car releases with new CPM as a bit to easy to handle, well this car isn't. Definately! :D
    I did a few practice laps at Bathurst, i'm not really confident with this track still, so i had a few spins. I decided to soften suspension, gave more rideheight and more front-brake. This made the car better up in the hills, under braking, over curbs and was a little bit easier to control in general.
    Still tricky though. Last place of 12 car field (11 AI at 99%).:eek:
    Then i switched TC on at "low". This worked very well for me, still had to be a bit carefull on the gas, but at T2, the right-hand corner after the long uphill straight, i was able to powerslide consistently out of the corner. Very nice!
    To my surprise TC gave me about two seconds. Really a good idea to use it with this car. :)

9. AceLain

AceLain Registered

I did a quick comparaison of the new camaro GT3 with the corvette GT2 (with the 2010 Engine) at sebring. The comparaison was quit impressive.

(Note that the tests were done whithout any aid)
    The 2 cars behave differently in different area.
    The corner speed and the braking is way better with the Corvette.
    But the straight line speed was a lot better with the Camaro.

So the overall laptimes were quit similar.

I came online with a friend. at first I had the vette and him the camaro, after we switched and he had the vette and I had the camaro.
    Their was not a clear winner...
    it was quit similar.

At the end of the session I managed to do the best lap with the corvette by 1 sec, but I think that with a little more experience with the camaro and setup I could probably manage to get this closer.
    I guess that a different tracks would give different result too.

Next thing to test would probably be a full stint between the two. the camaro has harder tire (medium vs soft) an a bigger fuel tank.

What do you think guys?

But as usual, ISI has really made this GTs car really really FUN to drive !
    Good job :)

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I actually struggle going back to a car with TC. Have to get used to the idea of it being on again but I think the Camaro's characteristics are more pronounced now than before. Powerful but can't break or turn on a dime anymore.

11. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

Hmm.. not really seeing anyone race this car online? A bit surprised and disappointed. Where are all of you at?

How about replacing the ISI Indy/Stockcar server with GT3? Nobody is ever on there anyway.

12. AceLain

AceLain Registered

I would love to see league using ISI GTs in a north america time frame... that's very rare seriously..

13. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

If I could just see it on any server that would be great. Most are Nissan GTR, URD (which I don't understand because they feel like an arcade game).

Can't really find anyone that wants to use the Camaro GT3. It's an amazing car.

14. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Sorry ISI, very disappointed with the v1.61.
    I race on rF2, accepting it's flaws, because it more accurately resembles actual cars in the physics dept.
    The ISI Camaro has some serious physics flaws. I've just driven Nordschleife Tourist 30+secs faster than
    the lap record, fairly drunk (which should add at least 10 secs+ per lap), thus bettering my sober time with the old version.
    Sure, it's more of a handful, but the acceleration/speed differential is ludicrous. The physics are arcady to the extreme,
    I haven't seen a 70's F1 get so much air (with 11 deg rear wing too!!!) over the bumps as this thing!!!
    The previous version wasn't perfect, but IMHO WAY better. I know you guys want to attract new players via STEAM, but
    'dumbing down' mods to arcade level will hinder rather than help.

15. peterchen

peterchen Registered

And on what planet are you???

16. rolandhaans

rolandhaans Registered

I disagree with you on the Camaro handling. For me, it is now more sensible to one's inputs, not meaning that it's harder to drive though, and requires more finesse, especially when doing a longer stint. If anything, I feel it's an upgrade of physics, not a dumb-down.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

17. Eddy

Eddy Registered

18. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

19. AceLain

AceLain Registered

GT3 against GT1, that's a nice challenge :)

20. Eddy

Eddy Registered

tonight there where several camaro's and vette's