Chevrolet Camaro GT3 v1.61 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Nov 8, 2015.

1. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

The old version is probably just tied to a vmod.
    Hover your mouse over it in the local content list in the launcher to see if that's the case.
    The car will also show up in italics in that list if it's used by a mod btw.

EDIT:
    Ha! Ninja'd by Emery. ;)

2. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

Okay. That makes sense. Thank you very much.

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

New car feels great compared to prior version. However, the back-end is so easy to light-up, that if blind-folded, I would guess that I was driving the 60's Cobra. If the modern race car is really this "bad-ass," then please help by providing some options to better feel lateral forces through the FFB. Compared to other road feel, that is just about perfect right out of the box, the FFB forces that relate to pushing the lateral limit of the tires to and beyond the edge are too weak (for my liking and relative to any real vehicle I have driven). It's also possible that providing heavier weighting is somehow technically inaccurate, but it substitutes in our brains for the g-forces that we are not feeling in our chairs.

I think that's what AC does that appeals to newbies so much--it just feels more "normal" even if it really is not. An ability to adjust the FFB strength specifically for lateral forces (along with other major categories) would solve the problem (including by leaving it at default for the silent majority who may not agree with my assessment). But I think other titles that often put marketing ahead of realism tip the balance towards "feels natural like a real vehicle" versus engineering algorithms. It's taken iRacing about years to evolve their tire model and it still doesn't feel authentic in many situations. rF2 appears to me to be responding the most authentically of any sim--I just want to control how I feel that through the wheel.

The overall FFB, right out of the box, for the new Camaro and Clio are great, though, in terms of feel and balance. No need to fiddle with any settings or adjustments. This lateral forces feel issue is a generic rF2 issue for me. Affects all cars, not just this one.

4. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Thank you guys really a great update, not spent long enough to give proper feedback but i like what you have done to this beauty already.

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

6. Skan

Skan Registered

This version of the camaro makes Me actually want to drive it instead of rolling My eyes at it while getting in a different car. I have never driven the GT3 version in real life but the SS model I had the pleasure of almost destroying didn't even feel this good.

7. Emery

Emery Registered

Some day, y'all will have to explain to me how you feel oversteer through the front wheel steering 'cause I don't see how it's possible... to me, the physics suggest that you get a visual clue (scenery moving faster than steering input) and possibly an auditory clue if there's wheelspin or the tires can be heard. [Of course I find the sensations of this version working well for me]

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Well I wouldn't say "even if it really is not". That's an extremely broad statement. There are areas of vehicle behaviour which are superior in AC and areas which are superior in RF2. It's not like every moment/situation under the AC engine is always inferior to every moment/situation under the RF2 engine.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2015
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

That's the whole point...the FFB needs to represent more than just the front wheels or your brain does not translate it into "reality" that we are used to feeling on a race track or in a car, even a go-kart.

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

All I am saying is that AC does a good job of "hop in and immediately feel comfortable or grounded that you are driving what feels to be plausibly a vehicle." The actual physics could be less than fully accurate or less than iRacing or rF2 (or not)--doesn't matter because it's the psychological comfort and connection that goes a long way to making AC popular.

rF2 immediately feels more authentic to me than iRacing in most cases/cars. Doesn't mean it couldn't be improved as an overall experience with some better (or perhaps just adjustable) FFB that transmits something like the AC "comfort."

11. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

Excuse my ignorance, but does TC in the tuning page override the TC aid? Or is the tuning page a fine adjustment to the TC aid? For instance, if the tuning page TC is set to high, but the aid is set to low, is there any variables that intertwine the 2 or is one rendered ineffective?

Ya, I realize this might be a dumb question, but I'm scratching my head on this one.

Otherwise, the car is fun to drive. I actually wish I could have the opportunity to drive the real one on a real track. :(

12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

13. AceLain

AceLain Registered

That's not a dump question because I am wondering the same..

I hope someday the TC is a setting built into the CAR.... something that we can adjust in garage, and on the track as well (like brake bias, ARB, boost map)

14. rolandhaans

rolandhaans Registered

I checked this yesterday, and setting the TC in the tuning section, determines with what setting you start in-game. I'm pretty sure that the settings in the tuning page simply reflect the low/med/high setting we knew all along.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

15. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Actually the two work together, Low, Med, and High in the UI reflects the amount of Traction Control applied, whereas the setting in the Tuning screen is how quickly the Traction Control kicks in when the tires start slipping, in other words the reactivity of the Traction Control.

So for example, try playing with Low + Aggressive to start out, this is the lowest overall setting. And then work your way up if it's not to your liking, Low + Intermediate, and Low + Conservative.

Keep in mind you do need to set at least "Low" in the UI or the Tuning option for TC will have no effect.

16. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Thanks !

So I guess the car is supposed to have at least TC to LOW to reflect real life ?

17. gpfan

gpfan Registered

In witch menu i can find the tuning option? This related to the TC Override option right?

18. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Select the car in the car list, then a "tuning" button appears.
    This is the tuning menu where you'll find, along other things, the traction control options. :)

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

20. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Super fast service, tyvm