Released Caterham Academy

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Yes, there is. Maybe Windows hides it but you can rename it without the ".txt".

redapg likes this.
  2. redapg

redapg Registered

Your Windows has probably hidden the File Extensions (default Windows Setting).
    Download it from THIS Site please.
    It is the rfcmp (no need to rename anything), that you have to put into your Packages Folder and install it with the in Game Content Manager.

Paul McC likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'm getting the same thing, Win11 only shows the .rcmp extension without the .txt. Then when you try to rename it, there is no visible .txt to truncate. Looking the properties however, it is listed as a txt file. When I opened it with notepad and then tried to save it without the .txt, Windows said the Caterham_Academy_v1.11shift.rcmp.txt already exists. Do I want to over-ride it? This is a new behavior from windows as far as I can tell.
    edit

Just saw your 2nd dload method, Thanks. Looks like I'm gonna have to dig around windows to turn off that hidden extension.
    edit 2: Found the setting to show extensions. Windows explorer>click on the view menu>click on Show>then show extensions

Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
    Corti and redapg like this.
  4. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Windows, more broken with every update.

Earlier versions let you rename even though the extensions were hidden if I remember correctly.

5. Corti

Corti Registered

It's my fault for not explaining :oops: I almost never use the native file explorer.

6. redapg

redapg Registered

@Paul McC Do you got it working?
    Also for the Mini?

Paul McC likes this.
  7. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Hi Chris.

I tested both cars quite quickly, trying several times for each car to go from 4th gear to second as well as from third to first and even something that does not happen from 4th to first.

I tested it under logical and appropriate conditions as well as slightly inappropriately while over-revving after downshifting.

I tested it both by downshifting without a heel toe, and with a heel toe.

Even though my test was quick, on both cars, in the way I described to you, for me it works perfectly and solves the problem we talked about.

By the way I would like to take this opportunity to thank you because you are obviously and without a doubt one of the most important members of the community in terms of share and achievement, I am thinking in particular of your achievements and your help with Marco on the group of modding slow motion group, which provides some of the most realistic cars in my opinion in rFactor 2.

Have a nice day.

davehenrie, RaceNut, redapg and 6 others like this.
  8. ManfredK2_new

ManfredK2_new Registered

+1

redapg likes this.
  9. Corti

Corti Registered

+1
    a great guy ;)

redapg likes this.
  10. redapg

redapg Registered

atomed likes this.
  11. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

It's off..
    Can you reup pls?

12. redapg

redapg Registered

It's online.
    It can be that it sometimes needs some Time to load the Site, because it's a free Webspace.
    Or do you get an Error Message?

13. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

You Sir are an absoloute legend! Thankyou so So SO very much! I have just written a long message to one of the devs I was talking to in RF2 discord. In the original message I was complaining about broken content I've paid for not being fixed in nearly 2 years! I was then told if it was an easy fix it would have been done by now. I thought to myself, that is BS! I've never coded anything apart from bat and ball, but there was no way I was gunna believe something like this was not an easy fix.
    So I said what had to be said, because its just pure laziness and disrespectful to the customer.
    This it why I have for a long time had a love hate relationship with RF2, because I love the sim but as a customer ive just not been treatd well. I have mentioned broken content time and time again on the official threads for said content on these forums and just been blatently ignored by the devs! And yet you turn round and fix a major problem with my paid conent in what seems like it took you 5 mins! Thankyou so very much indeed sir!

Its like the Radical SR3 XX, still has no tire sounds when it starts to rain, I bought this and it litterally has missing tire sounds! Some of the GTE and GT3 cars are completely useless in the rain because they have broken wipers (Aston is a good example), the wipers dont clear a full semi circuit like the real cars do, more like a thrid of that, so the part of the windscreen im looking through is never cleared and I just cant see!

Sorry if this seems like a rant but its just gotta be said, it really is a poor show, especially for thoase of us who have constantly supported this sim and brought nearly all the content.

Again Sir, thasnk you, you've made my muthfudging day!

14. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

You do raise some very valid points regarding aspects of content that remain broken for quite some time.

I would love to spend more time with the Radical SR3 XX in rF2 as well but, between the weird FFB (ridiculous falloff effect) and the annoying high-pitch engine noise (yes noise, at best), I can't stand this car for more than a couple of minutes.

Thank you @redapg for the work-around on the shifting issue!

redapg, ManfredK2_new and Paul McC like this.
  15. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

Does anyone still have the mod that @Havner made for this car? I run flappy paddles with auto clutch and the auto blip still doesn't work. The links in the posts above have been deleted, sure would like to try it...

While I am here I would also like to thank @redapg for all the help he has given us over the years with this game. Thanks for everything redapg. You rock!!

redapg and Paul McC like this.
  16. ManfredK2_new

ManfredK2_new Registered

i think this was the mas-file. I saved it but not the rfcmp. https://mega.nz/file/f8NCTbBK#jGHfHGr3hbUwGimeZOY3VtLtUIToBIU1Wi_zy477lzs - you have to make a rfcmp as update. Tell me if you need help

Johnny Speed likes this.
  17. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

I've made a little video showing the gearbox problem and how to install @redapg s fix (I know most of you know how to do this but I thought it make it for new comers and also im gunna post it in as many relevant places as possible so folks can easily find it and enjoy his great work, you are a legend Sir! Thanks again!

redapg likes this.
  18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

So just to keep this in context...

All cars, apart from the Caterham and Mini (and any third-party mods that might have used the same shift protection parameters these cars do) can be shifted 'properly', to any gear you want, with a H-shifter.

You also don't need to use a clutch, at all. Just select a gear and go. Depending on the way the car is made you might need to blip the throttle to avoid locking the rears when downshifting, or ease off the throttle to avoid wheelspin when upshifting (aids notwithstanding).

These 2 cars finally had movement on the clutch front. Unfortunately (and as was discussed in these threads already) the clutch is always required (no rev matching only options, etc), and as was discovered early on it's not possible to shift non-sequentially except into 1st gear.

So, when fixes are talked about, it's fixing the logic behind the shift protection parameters that would still have the clutch requirement (sigh, but ok) but let you shift between gears.

Doing what redapg has done, removing those completely and making these act like any other cars, never seemed to be on the table.

19. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

20. redapg

redapg Registered

@Paul McC I've watched your Video and made a Test for the Aston Martin GT3, to "expand" the wiped Area.
    If you want, try it out.
    It doesn't have the usual Quality of the wiping Effect, because i'm no Painter at all, but you at least can see more of the Track. :)
    Download from THIS Site please.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2024
    pascom and davehenrie like this.