Build 90 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Favio

Favio Registered

It's gold fever baby :cool:

2. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I'd rather hear a list of upcoming features. There are a load of behind the scenes stuff being requested that would only require a line or two added to the PLR file. I don't know how hard they are to implement but they have to be easier than more cars and more tracks.

3. Alesi

Alesi Registered

long time no news from ISI about next update (or else)

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I knowwwwwwwww

5. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

There is always iracing. Great physics because it's just tweaked code from GPL which was released in the 90s. Been out for five plus years now and look at this example of the development speed. Truely remarkable considering they have a budget to sponsor nascar drivers and put out a iracing tv episode every two months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UheZshZJQ8U&feature=player_embedded#!

6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

ok, but I dont want iracing, thats why Im here.you?

1 person likes this.
  7. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Hey... You... Get it right.. It was physics for Nascar2003.

1 person likes this.
  8. SCampbell

SCampbell Registered

Graphically speaking, its getting there. I'm still finding some shuddering even when I'm above 60fps. Not exactly sure what would be causing that, maybe the engine still needs some optimization tweaks?

Force Feedback, IMHO, still needs a lot of work. Its still too violent over curbs and too soft in other places such as in cornering. A car that has a lot of castor should make the steering feel a lot heavier than what I am feeling. I'm on a G25 if that helps understand the situation.

Physics wise, seems better (at least with the ISI mods). I think the Formula Renault 3.5 now actually feels sort of pushy (before it was quite loose). I do like how the roll center adjustments are now available in the main menu so you can get that sorted. I tried the Formula Masters mod as well and it seems pretty darn good.

Really, my wish list would be to find a solution to reduce the stuttering and I would like to see a better force feedback model where effects are modeled appropriately rather than some feeling way too soft and some feeling exaggerated.

9. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I don't know exactly how to describe it, but are there plans to "separate" the sky movements from the ground movements? For example, if I am sitting still and rev the engine, the car will tilt a little, which is expected, but so will the whole world, sky and all, and also by the same amount. Another way to observe is if you are going over bumpy terrain, like Brianza in F1 car. The whole world is shaking violently and in sync. This is very unrealistic and lent to the cheesy feel of rf1 and was not expecting to see this in rf2. Everyone knows that the farther things are away from you the slower and less they should be moving. Does that make sense? Like when you look out your window on the freeway the trees close to you move very fast and the tress farther away barely move. But in rf2 the every is locked into same movement. I remember multi-level scrolling in home console video games in the mid 1990s LOL. Seriously, ISI? Does the sky really have to move when I simply rev my engine LOL. Am I making sense? Would love to read a thread if exists just don't know what to search for but really need to get serious about this. Forget lighting, etc. picky stuff if this isn't fixed rf2 will be laughed out of the market. I would seriously delay release.

10. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I kind of agree with you Kknorpp. There is a mod called "real head movement" that can be tweaked to your liking. But something like that should be fixed in-game without a mod.

I would love to drive a full lap of the ring with my head perfectly level and forward just to see how steep the hills and intense the track camber is.

11. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

So far this is the best helmet cam i see without shaking the whole world. (the real one, not that in game)

12. blakboks

blakboks Registered

This is kind of movement is correct for rotations acting on the head. A nodal pan will have absolutely zero parallax--everything moves at the same speed in "monitor space". For translations (movements), things should be moving in parallax. I'm guessing that the shaking is a combination of translation and rotation.

13. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

14. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Scary, but I think I understand what you are saying. So then is the adjustment required to decouple the helmet cam from vehicle movement? Obviously my head is not going to move as much as the car just from revving the engine.

15. tjc

tjc Registered

Top drawer reply nikos... ;)

16. Alesi

Alesi Registered

Tim was posting last 20.07.12 (over a week ago)...
    dont like this ISI tradition not to talk with users((((
    non information at all
    maybe ISI a bankrupt already?))
    hey... heellllllooooo... ISI ...anybody home??????? are u still there???

17. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

What do you mean maybe? They are bankrupt. Didn't you read about this? It's on all the sim racing news sites.

18. patryksok.

patryksok. Registered

Summer holiday season.

19. TJones

TJones Registered

Even coders are needing some time to rest, I bet they are in holiday. :)

20. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I think the same.
    They deserved for it.
    But they shouldn't leave community without any single info... community which starving each day for next update

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.