Build 90 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I didn't say it's rolling fast, I said their pace is fast. There is a difference there, and the difference is due to different development team sizes you are comparing to, etc. 1 dev working flat out can never equal 20 devs drinking coffee and chatting all morning, then putting in a bit of work in the afternoon. That company with 20 less hard-working devs is still going to look better if you have those speed expectations.

And as you probably understand, not a lot of what has been done since January is small. There have been some big things tackled. I base my opinion probably off experience observing developers I've been around in whatever capacity my entire 'gaming life' either as tester or a part of the companies. I'm also more aware of the size of the company and budgets, so realize which comparisons make sense, and which don't.

But again, this is all really a question of expectation. And if it's not going fast enough for you, it's not going fast enough for you. No explanation is going to change what you expect, or what is delivered.

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

but releasing gold after about 6 month of beta was your (ISI's) expectation. so looks you failed with your own expectation too.

3. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

I dont understand the ongoing discussions about the beta period being to short and ISI failing to release rF2 soon enough. I really do NOT understand.. We are all fans of simulations like rF2 and we all want the best this simulation has to offer. Developing all those features we like, takes time. I noticed that Tim once stated "learning the engine". This is something lot of people understand wrong. ISI can tackle whatever they like but everything takes time and with every change to the code there is a chance something goes wrong, interferes or something. This can take some time to tackle before moving on to another change to the code. This can take so much time that it can look like they are not developing fast enough.

For me, I don't care if rF2 goes gold now, before the end of 2012 or maybe Q2 of 2013. I just want a stable simulation with a lot of amazing features where a few years ago everyone only could dream about. Just support ISI where you can and report bugs, glitches or other problems. Just do what you chose for back in Januari and support. ISI wants to do this, but only, if they can get it right. It takes time.

4. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

That's the point, pal. You don't understand. You are OK with current situation but there are people who are not. And from my observations second group is in majority. That should bring a question at least.

What is wrong imo, that they totaly ignore this part of community giving no info about what happened, happens and what will be happen. It is nothing wrong to write: sorry guys we failed with expected gold release date, we need 6 months more or so. Looks like better is to do possum pretending everything is all right. It is not all right, even if there are a few fans for whom playing alpha is enough.

5. Alric

Alric Registered

I DON'T understand too. As long as updates and content come frequently then what does it matter if the game is called alpha phase or beta phase or gold phase?!?!?! And who cares except you if it takes the next 15 years to keep making the sim better?!

6. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I'm a gamer first and know how to bide my time. Just got use to waiting for Half-Life episode 3 and Black Mesa Source and Hawken and Interstellar Marines and Duke Nukem for so long with NO INFORMATION that anything like ISI is doing seems like the work of angels.

At least here we get glimpses of content and are actually using the software as buggy as it is.

7. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

@Alric
    After released as full product, with making possible to create leagues, without major bugs etc, developing next 15 years would be a great thing (but I doubt it will come true). But current version is useless for leagues as well as for casual racers due to existing flaws.
    note also that people paid money expecting release in about 6 months. Do you think it really doesn't matter when full version will be released? Do you think they all would pay for beta if gold date was approximated to 5 years?

Again, what is wrong is pretending that everything is ok when it is not.

Join other league forums. I know 3 in various countries, when almost all are disgusted.
    It's normal that on this forum most of people will do hype, so don't take it as reference

BTW: ISI is working on rF2 the last five years. At least based on their announcements. Or maybe it is not true?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
  8. zack

zack Registered

to rf1 times I was a really big fan of isi but what I have experienced here is simply the real life, they have their money,in this case, there is no wonder.

9. Alric

Alric Registered

MaXyM - Ok, I think I need to rephrase that it doesn't concern myself. I never have and never will have anything to do with leagues as I only use sims for my own personal offline driver development so the way ISI are working is perfect for me. (I would still pay money if they had never given a date etc) For you however, I can see it does make a difference but what do you actually expect them to do if they are already working flat out? It is in their own interest to get things done as soon as possible so they can't work any faster, so all they could do is say "thing's have taken longer than first thought" as they almost always do in business. If your expectations in life are lower then you won't be disappointed as much. Basically, no matter how much you moan I don't believe you will make ISI work any faster. It's not like they are going to say oh "MaXyM, it's a good job you told us things are taking longer than first expected, we shall now work harder just for you!"

I'm not having a go at you or anyone else that is unhappy with development speed, I'm just saying that moaning really doesn't help anyone. It is what it is at the moment and as long as they work flat out and keep adding content, updates and fixing bugs then we should all be happy enough for now.

10. Alesi

Alesi Registered

+100500
    also i think we dont need content wright now, it will be better to concentrate on physics and bugs fix (and dont tell that this is differnt people. ISI is a small team, so everyone can help each other. and more important that bugs are in all part of the game - graphics, physics everywhere!! so this is the main aim).
    of cause ISI may continue as it goes, but as i see it does not lead to anything good... (dont forget AC - late 2012, Pcars q2 2013, GTR3 q2-2013) , rf2 - unknown

Alric: "It's not like they are going to say oh "MaXyM, it's a good job you told us things are taking longer than first expected, we shall now work harder just for you!"

I'm not having a go at you or anyone else that is unhappy with development speed, I'm just saying that moaning really doesn't help anyone. It is what it is at the moment and as long as they work flat out and keep adding content, updates and fixing bugs then we should all be happy enough for now."
    agree with that, but...

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I think ISI are doing a grand job, it's only recently that I've realised how ambitious this project really is, they are trying to basically deliver everything anyone could have wanted in a racing sim.

Think users of the beta should enjoy the free track mods that are being released ( good ones lately too ) and look forward to each build which bring us closer to gold

I think a bit of impatience has caused this recent upset that's all

Keep up the hard work ISI !

12. Philip

Philip Registered

Please dont feed the trolls, you only make them worse....

100% support from me ISI...

13. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Seems to me there is no new information in Tims links, it is all what has been done not what we can expect to see in the next update, that is all many are asking for. There is one or two things that could have been patched quickly, the over saturated reds for example, a mistake that somehow slipped though the net. I understand ISI being reticent about when an update may be coming but not what is being planned, throw us a bone and the vast majority would be happy. Not much is gained by constantly telling us what we have, but a great deal to be gained from what we can look forward to. Maybe ISI don't like to have a lot of small patches fixing small things and like to go for one big update less often...But that must mean a plan for what will be included, why not let us in on the plan? or at least that part that is already in place. Seems a small thing to do that would mean a lot to many people.

14. elcoco

elcoco Registered

Hey ISI team!
    You do a great job !thx for that

15. Alesi

Alesi Registered

exactly. i mean they doesnt seat and then someone devs say ok lets do/fix today.. hm mirrors (for example), next day lets made today something else.. (hope its not like that).. if so, than they have a plan for everyone what to do for everyday (detailed), so why not just compiled it in major groups and give it to us (so we also know on what u are working))

16. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Nobody said they doesn't.
    You are off topic or just toady.

17. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

wow MaXyM.. I don't even think that was pointed at you at all..

Quit taking things personal.
    "you are off topic or just toady" - Don't have a clue what toady means, don't bother to search, but remember this is the build 90 discussion thread so how the hell would that be off topic.

For Christ sake, spend your time somewhere else, other than spending 24/7 around here picking discussions.. Ease off a bit and watch development while aiming for something else than the rF2 forum all day. It would do you good

18. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

BTW, if your having problems with this post, just PM. It's a function you have to explore a bit more

19. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

So why you don't use PM?

20. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

I wanted to deal with your weird reply to elcoco publically

PM for you btw

And back to the B90 Discussion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.