Build 118 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 20, 2012.

1. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

That is what old papy games required for some reason. Now everybody thinks that is what's best for other developers software as well. They are wrong of course. ;) Just use 100%

2. tjc

tjc Registered

Thanks for the info argo0. I agree about the new F2, obviously Mr. Bacheta knows what he`s talking about but the F2 does feel very light to me too and I`d have thought it would feel more like the other cars you mentioned too. Even the Clio feels heavier on the steering than the F2 does which I would`nt have thought myself.

3. osella

osella Registered

I too think 100% is perfect, every 1% above that makes overall FFB too strong and probably dulls lower forces.

Just use 100% in any modern sim.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

32?!? thats extremely high, I currently switch between 4 and 8 dependng on car/track combo.

5. argo0

argo0 Registered

Having read sufficient posts in a variety of threads from various forums advising 107% to minimise a slight FFB dead zone in centre of G27, I decided to try it. It does indeed reduce the dead zone, by about 40%, in my opinion.

The funny thing is, I never even noticed the 'dead zone' til I read about it! But, after experimentation, I found I agreed.

Why don't you try 107%, 8 filter and .70 ish in game FFB? If you don't prefer it, change back! I found I was missing out on subtle information with the filter set as high as 32. And I only needed it set that high because I had the in game FFB at 1.00, like other sims. But rfactor 2 isn't 'other sims'.

6. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I see cars with missing parts blinking in and out like imonarefactor said in post #251. I posted it in the bugs section but wonder if anybody knows a fix.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Haven't been able to read the thread since my last post, but here is an update to the rr issues.

RealRoad stripes are happening in these cases:
    1) You go to a practice but you never visit the practice settings for the given track, or
    2) You choose practice only. This has now been fixed and will be in next update.

Obviously case #1 is easily remedied by visiting the practice settings, at which point the gizmo will realize you don't have a Light Rubber file and will fix the setting for you. For case #2, there's no easy workaround; I'd just recommend not doing that right now.

So the light rubber file missing does NOT matter, if you visit the practice settings before launching the session. Thanks for all the reports, helped nail it down.

8. That's what I do too and it works perfectly!
    Thanks ISI! :D

9. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Well, there are two things I don't like to be in my ffb. First one, too much info about bumps and second too strong steering-forces. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2012
  10. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Disable "Auto Detail FPS" in the settings. Looks like rF2 reducing the polys to catch the fps you set.

1 person likes this.
  11. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Yep that fixed it! Thanks Tosch.

But damn! That puts the kabosh on my joy at seeing high FPS! I'm right about where I was with 107, actually slighty slower FPS.

12. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Nice one Tosch :)

13. MJP

MJP Registered

Before I upgraded my pc I used to use "Auto Detail FPS" quite often but I don't remember it removing details from cars close to me, it was always the cars farthest away!

14. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Wt?I have 112%strength in Logitech profiler and 102-104& in the game for the Clio!I tried to put it at 65% and I couldn't feel anything!

15. argo0

argo0 Registered

You didn't mention your filter settings. Also, you didn't mention whether you get any clipping with your preferred settings.
    Each to their own obviously. I feel a great deal with these settings. As I said, if I increase the FFB strength or don't use the filter then I get clipping and inexplicable jolts that don't feel natural.

16. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

It's not true as far as I know. it is not related to simulators. It is about force characteristic generated by G25/G27 wheels which is non-linear. With 100%, low forces are too weak. Expanding to 107% gives some kind of compression effect: low forces are amplified when high forces remains untouched (or clipped a bit). There was some article about this.

17. spider19462000

spider19462000 Registered

Thanks for the update tim

18. Pits

Pits Registered

Then
    I am in actual shock, before starting a race with 15 AI at 25frames at Spa and flag drop it would be almost impossible to drive for 1/2 a mile till they spread out and if there was a car crash back to 13 Frames.

Now
    29 AI (full field) 33 Frames at start, no frame drop AT ALL at race start and very quickly up to 50 frames.
    This frame count thing must be dodgy, at 33 it's silky smooth, in rf1 at 33 you went home.

I don't personally care what frames it says what matters is the real time drive-ability of moment to the next moment, I have most setting to full now. It's now almost to smooth with all the AA etc but it's a complaint of being to good lol. Do I rush out and get two more 40" LCD's, I think so but still with trepidation.

What a complete game changer this update has been and thank you

I7 at 3.2
    GTX 670
    16 gig
    128SSD drive
    I'm sure that means something

19. vittorio

vittorio Registered

I have a slight decrease in FPS with build 118.

I always do the same test after a new update: Monaco, Spark F3, FOV 30°, cockpit view, 20 AI, driver position 21. everything to max. 16x anisotropic filtering, HDR on, FXAA on, 3D Vision, same GPU settings ... :

build 107:
    26 FPS on start, 38 FPS after 20 sec staying on start position.

build 117:
    25 FPS on start, 33 FPS after 20 sec staying on start position.

So slight decrease in FPS, but shadows look nicer and there are new settings for shadows... not easy to compare.

20. Anyone here to explain me what RealRoad (green etc...) option is made for?