Released BMW M2 CS Updated

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Coutie, Sep 25, 2023.

1. The_Bad_Fasterd

The_Bad_Fasterd Registered

Last edited: Oct 9, 2023
  2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Is that link safe for work ? I am not opening it :D What is it about ?

3. The_Bad_Fasterd

Its a spec sheet/user manual for the M2…
    Unfortunately its rather long and I couldnt find what I was looking for but it appears to be sfw lol

mantasisg likes this.
  4. keith_d

keith_d Registered

It's safe mate, was in a bit of a rush at the time so just dumped the link and left it, was about to delete that manual but figured as the car had been updated someone might find it interesting

mantasisg and atomed like this.
  5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Speaking of manuals, some kind of manuals are great idea for simulated cars themselves. For example, especially if car has some mad nuances and some crazy setup possibilities.

6. The_Bad_Fasterd

[​IMG]

So the wheel is about as big as the dash, everything else seems to be fine. Except for the rather big ass mirror blocking most of the view as well…

7. BeefyPeeg

BeefyPeeg Registered

Love this little car, and am glad to see if getting a little love! Love the new sounds too. Good little car to learn tracks with as well.

Only issue I've noticed since the update is the virtual rides/skins I had created before have now disappeared. I created a skin folder with the updated car, and noticed the vehicle ID changed. Is there any way to update the existing skins to work with the new ones, without having to recreate each virtual driver again?

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

This will be vague, unfortunately, but if you create a mas file containing the skins/veh files of the new cars, then you only have to move that mas file from the old folder to the new one. Hopefully somebody will clarify this for you.

9. BeefyPeeg

BeefyPeeg Registered

Awesome, thanks!

I'm intrigued...
    Can someone elaborate further on this?

10. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I have read comments from people having huge problems with oversteering with this car. I got to say understeering is my bigger problem. FFB is also very good on my DFGT. Once ABS kicks in you know it's time to ease up the brakes. I am yet to spin the car aswell as the rearend is very informative and lively, so I am liking that alot. Overshooting corners is more of a problem though. Got to work on the timing of downshifts and braking :p

11. Comante

Comante Registered

Yes the car is very very sensitive to brake bias and with standard brake balance trail braking overload the fronts pretty fast and understeer arrive immediately.
    This car prefer to be turned with weight shifting: main braking should be done straightish, then a little brake power help loading the fronts to start the turn, then you have to release and control turn rate/radius with throttle: no throttle to let the car roll wide, throttle to make the car point inside, too throttle and you overseer.
    Beautiful!

makan, pkelly and The_Bad_Fasterd like this.
  12. Dan kemp

Dan kemp Registered

I’m pretty new to rf2, I’m loving Race control, Radical and Tatuus racing ……but the M2 feels so wrong I just spend my time messing with settings to try and resolve it. When driving down straights under acceleration. the FFB on my CSL DD is like it’s a wheel with no FFB, so light, no info from tyres - I’ve been searching the internet..am I the only one who feels this - most people seem to love the car??

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Most cars in rF2 will exhibit some differences in FFB due to how the FFB is generated by the physics engine. However, if you go back in this very thread to when the updated M2 was released, there was a lot of buzz about the light FFB. I'm assuming the actual car has Power assisted Steering so the FFB 'should' be on the light side.
    You can adjust each car's FFB setting in the menu's, so you might be able to dial up the forces there. A repeatedly requested feature addition has been made to add in-car adjustments to the FFB.

14. Comante

Comante Registered

I have a humble G27, and the FFB is never "null" try add some minimum torque, this should help feel the lower spectrum of forces, each wheel has some kind of low forces dead zone / inerthia .

15. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Light FFB is also information from tyres: low grip in front tyres.

I have a G29, you can't get much lighter than that, and the FFB is always there but it feels ligther when accelerating, as it should.

Like @Comante said, try raising the min torque until just right before you feel the wheel shaking when standing still.

16. Supercyco

Supercyco Registered

Raising the car FFB in-game worked for me. Went from -40 to -60(Asetek Forte base) and have much better feel now

17. The_Bad_Fasterd

I just raised it a bit too, but be careful you dont go to high because kerbs might feel a bit harsh.

i think we should remember modern road cars have super fancy powersteering.
    When I drive my car fast through corners it really doesnt feel too different.

Rui Santos likes this.
  18. Supercyco

Supercyco Registered

Agree on that, but I adjust the FFB per car and make a 'new' profile, if necessary

The_Bad_Fasterd likes this.
  19. The_Bad_Fasterd

Agreed, I have a profile for every car that contains FFB and Buttonlayout because I use a few different steeringwheels as well.

It takes a bit of setup but once youve covered the cars you drive most its quite breezy…

20. Dan kemp

Dan kemp Registered

M2 light feeling…..the radical feels amazing, it’s clear when I’m lapping my traction, when I’ve pushed too far. The car felt pretty good out of the box, but a few FFB tweaks and it’s a joy to drive. I get why rf2 is raved about. This week tatuus, the same, wow I want to share this experience with others, I’m evangelical about rf2.
    I’ve just spend another hour trying to dial the M2 in….just my opinion but I get very little feeling, it’s notchy, i can’t feel the where the edge of grip, don’t feel the weight transfer.

I would not want to share the M2 driving experience with anyone. I keep it to myself.

If I have a spare 40 mins and check tlwhat daily race it is and it’s the M2…. I’m go do the washing up and wait for the next race.

I’m spoilt by the radical.

avenger82 likes this.