Barbagallo 2012 v0.3

Discussion in 'Locations' started by WheelNut, Apr 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

"hit the table and the scissors will answer"

A word of advice, if I may. I don't think moderators are interested in looking at someone's personal "list". You're the only person who can shape moderator's opinion of you.

2. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I'm aware of that, but what irritates me it's not the possibility of moderators take it seriously (it's zero) but the simple proposition is offensive itself. Some users here are really basing themselves on an assumption they have a sort of special position in this Forum and they're allowed to classify the other users as a "whiners", "eliminables" or something, as if they were from ISI staff.

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

No need I understood completely, thank you. Since the material was used without permission I asked as a courtesy.

4. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

+1 and too many actions are taken because "complaints". Too painful to navigate the inconsistent and self-serving "norms" of this community. That is precisely why I minimize my involvement only to encouraging modders and asking questions if I must.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yet you chose to spend some of that minimal time saying that actions are taken due to complaints. Doesn't sound like you are just encouraging a modder in this post. Can you give an example of what you're saying happens, actually happening?

What happened with this thread, to give you an example, was that I got post reports about a texture being stolen. This was the post I made, which led to no action whatsoever except that post, and didn't even accuse the person who was being reported, I just advised to always ask permission, using the word "if" - and said the policy of this forum, which is that I wouldn't want something done without permission to be posted here.

The person was banned on his unrelated inability to act civilized nearly two days later.

But I would really like to see an example of what you're saying happens, I'm always willing to learn.

6. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

7. 88mphTim

Well, at least nobody is going to post saying that guy doesn't think for himself. :) It might surprise people to find that when I get a reported post, the same thing happens.

8. Radar

Radar Registered

I wouldn't be too worried about these tracks not being finished and other Aussie tracks for that matter at this present time.. Something tells me you will have scratch built tracks of these and others in due course :)

9. tjc

tjc Registered

10. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Rofl Gosh i've eaten some pop corn ..

Question for the modders Tim, as there are people that complain about tracks not being updated .... But i think you know why this is .. will we see a finalised type product ie gold anytime soon so modder's can "finish" off things knowing it wont be changed .. With out sounding like i know what i'm on about coz i dont, I'm referring to basically you go into a track or drive a car .and in each build it all looks different eg shaders and what not ...... Personally i'm hangin out for ORSM's V8 Mod ...Tracks and FVR's set of tracks also keen to see what there V8's will be like. But I dont see these guys releasing anything until things are final

ORSM or FVR can jump in anytime and tell me different lol :p

Hope it makes sense thx

11. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Lol you call me a wanker - when I never spoke directly to you or anyone. The amount of explaining I have to do to someone of your kind is:

You should be straight up banned just for insulting people you don't know - and have never even communicated with - by calling them a "masturbator" straight up. How about you shut your smutty mouth - and grow up. Next time, try saying something similar, but WITHOUT the direct insults. I might listen and consider your points.

EDIT: Seems too many people took a joke I made about my "list" of irritating people a LITTLE too seriously and personally. WheelNut was on it - because he personally attacked me in private for a long time over crazy stuff - and he did it to other people, and was a total fool in public (over and over again - heading back many, many months). The joke was that there are MORE people just like him around - aggressive, angry people who love to confront and openly challenge anyone they consider not intimidated by their ego - even indulging in "poking the bear" (not bright). They seem to believe they are above the normal requirements for interpersonal communications.

They are not. Nor am I.

EDIT EDIT: You gotta love the person that claims that my avatar is "disgusting" and I should put on clothes.

It is Will Ferrell in "Talladega Nights"............ god help us all....

EDIT EDIT EDIT This is becoming my sig.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2013
  12. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Im hoping for pretty much the same but as the last update showed it changed shaders and lighting quite a bit and even broke some of it, this shows to me at least that they are a fair way from finalizing this aspect of RF2 and this is one of the most critical ones for those developing content. Nobody wants to put out a huge new release then need to start patching it the next day a new build is out as it breaks the mod or track on many peoples setups. I am pretty sure the next build will also need to make changes in this area as it needs to fix the few broken shaders plus maybe add more to it. The day we get a proper V8 mod and some good Aussie tracks I will consider RF2 pure gold lol and everything else will just be the icing and cherry on top beyond that. :D

13. Radar

Radar Registered

To help answer your question R1cho.. As far as tracks and mods are concerned, the general building of the mod itself will not stop any modder from starting it at least, the delay in some mods or tracks being released has been mentioned a couple times by feels with his version of Croft etc.

So basically, nothing is stopping the modders from doing their thing, it's just the final release of those mods and tracks that they may decide (the modders) to not release until they are happy with shaders for example. This unfortunatly is the decisions of the modders, not ISI.

So really there is nothing to stop ORSM or FVR for that matter to at least start their work. I understand (from what I have heard) that FVR have converted their mod into rF2, but it's still a work in progress hence why you won't hear much about it..

14. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Come on Richo - asking polite and sensible questions without the slightest hint of whining and insults is.....well its.....

...its not NORMAL man. And look at those two meaningful and considered replies to you. It makes me SICK.

15. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Sorry guys we need to go deeper into the gutter with future posts :D

16. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

You appear to be sincere so I will say the following in sincere hopes that it is constructive. You make it easy to provide example because of what you just said below regarding 'not encouraging a modder in this post'. That is a combative gotcha attitude that is not constructive and is also offensive. There are also many other examples from you and others of unnecessary offensive comments and sweating the small stuff. I believe you risk throwing the baby out with the bath water when you and others slam people for showing emotion or being silly or mentioning a competitor's product. For example mentioning another's product gets everyone's panties in a wad as if that should be taboo, but why? You respect and wish your competitors well and so do we and if we are a community then why not be able to talk about anything. If we are not a community or most want to stick strictly to rf2 discussion only then that is fine too but for example one of the largest and most popular threads is the 'Internet share the fun thread' which is both off topic and wonderful because we want to share cool things with the community. So we have fun discussions one minute and the next OMG someone creates a silly poll and should be stoned to death. I should also mention that many of my threads have had people who hate the thread and talk about how stupid it is but yet there are hundreds of posts many of which had myself and others in stitches laughing outer heads off. And I think that is great but then everyone crucifies you the next minute for something which is so minor that it just sours one on the whole community. Another example that pops to mind is my complaining about tire sounds (yes for the 100th I'll give you that) but it wasn't just about tire sounds it was also the frustration that I had about encrypted mas files which prevented me from fixing and also sincere questions about reasons for sounds on different cars and referencing them by name. You said you would have to moderate the thread if I keep asking the same question over and over again. Why? Are you really trying to make this the most efficient forum the world has ever known? Why sweat over something like that? And it's up to you, but maybe you need to add goals also to the forum rules so we know what you want out of this forum so we don't get our hand slapped out of nowhere and no it's not about drama it's about wanting to contribute but having motivation sapped by unnecessary stiffness, IMO.

So I gave you examples and did so publicly since you asked publicly and since others are involved also who may benefit from my response but I hope you don't jump on my examples because they are off the top of my head and my intentionis truly just to share my perceptions in case helpful and not to debate or focus on any one example as there are many others also and really what I want is to give constructive criticism like you said to help people learn or think more about how they come across and or learn myself what this forum is for so I can participate effectively without diminishing its value but until I understand better I will stick to safe ground only.

I honestly want to get along with everyone here at least until Asseto Corsa comes out <-- see that was a joke to end on a light note. See how I did that? Seriously, I'm silly I admit it but I never mean any harm. Anyway, best wishes to everyone.

17. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

What. A. Waste. Of. Tim's. Valuable. Time.

Its a cross between idle banter, harassment and jimmie rustling.

18. 88mphTim

I don't think I can disagree with anything you're saying, and that's only a good thing. I too agree that it should be possible to talk about other products, act normal, etc, but that isn't possible. :( You know that... lol I NEVER discourage it, I have only ever said to not be "offensive" towards a product or its devs. Most of them are my friends.

I and any forum admin has a fine line to walk between what's normal and just what's nice/possible to have.

It would be normal for people to discuss another sim, be polite, etc. but eventually those discussions come apart. So as a forum admin you have to reduce expectation to just what's nice/possible, and that's essentially just to try and stop name calling, and try to keep an environment the MAJORITY can be happy in.

This does mean a minority, those who swear a lot, have issues of whatever sort, are a difficult element for others to be around. I normally ask, then ban for a short time.

All someone really has to do is learn from their short ban. I've had really great forum members and even some close friends come from people I banned at one time.

I swear all the time in every day conversation, my dad is a British builder with the vocabulary to match, it's a part of me. But I don't around my family, especially my parents (mother mainly), and I don't do it on the forum. Most of what I try to ask, I'm already forcing upon myself... 'Fitting in' can be impossible for some, I guess.

And I ignore 90% of reports, because I am not as sensitive as it might appear. A lot of reports are just not worth action, but *I* decide, not the reporter... If I truly did what you said, there wouldn't be many members left...

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

19. 88mphTim

Meh, it's 9pm I'm just answering emails.

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

20. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Fair enough, Tim. For what it's worth, my original comment was not specifically on WN's ban but instead on Santagoss' comment about the narcissism of some in the community regarding what speech and who is acceptable to have in the forum, etc. NNTR just thought I'd clarify for others. Thanks and best wishes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.