Ban Clios at Mills.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smithaz, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Rain just looks ugly right now... Huuuge raindrops and you don't need to use your wipers. No spray, no waterplaning... Some parts of track can feel like it's dry although it's soaked. etc etc.

But sometimes it feels great. So when the wet weather is more completed I would love to race in random weather :)

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

What random weather? That featuresnot in the sim yet...

3. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I thought the scripted meant random? Guess not then... :D

4. Kalanur

Kalanur Registered

Auto downloading would really help and would not even impact the bandwith of the server if implemented correctly.
    Just take a look at Valves source engine games. In my opinion one of the best dedicated server software out there.
    When you join a server it will automatically download everything you need and if the host set up the server correctly it downloads it from a FTP server with full speed without slowing down the dedicated server. The files are even compressed and get decompressed during the download. All with a simple line in the server config file
    I've had multiple servers running and even with having public and private servers mixed it never affected the ping. Competitive play was still possible even though over 100 clients were connected on the different servers and maybe downloading huge maps etc while connecting.

5. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

He's in mine too... unfortunately his quotes eventually pop up in my monitor.

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Why?
    I figured if default mods/track are available from the getgo it will be easyer for people. no messing about with anything, just drive on and offline.

Also when someone buys rf2 he installs it and then finds out it doesn't work because seperate mandatory components.
    I understand the idea about that but its going to happen anyways, people having to figure out how to install a mod/track. so wether its from the getgo or later on, it dont matter.
    But it does matter if people buy something and it doesnt work. thats just a bad start imo, designing something that wont work and forces people to figure out something whilst all they want is get going.

7. Diablo

Diablo Registered

My sincere apologies, I have read your post wrong. Sorry!

8. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

No worries man,

But was it a relevant notion or am i clutching at straws with that?

9. Diablo

Diablo Registered

Well, I think the reasons for using the method of distributing the base program seperate from the content is to test out and tweak the packaging system. We are still in a testing phase. In the long run this will help the modding community. Indeed it would reduce the hassle for new users to just provide one big installer that has it all, but that would not help in development. I think it is important to have users of all types deal with what they get and see, if this system is fit for the masses.
    I believe with time ISI will realise that there is something wrong with the vMod idea as a means of mismatch check/prevention especially when the content will be released as single (multi)components only. Then there will be no default Mods, so everyone will be forced to use vMods one way or the other, which will reveal all of the problems inherent in this approach.
    Or maybe they already have realised it but keep quiet until they can come up with a better solution that can be rolled out.

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

nope, Random was in the Sim before Beta but they took it out for whatever reason, whether we actually get it in the future is anybodys guess. ISI have hinted at it but nothing concrete.