Audi R18 2012 - Wip (no release)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by tommy86, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erale

erale Registered

The mesh is identical to the model from Turn 10.

I first thought it would be scratch made but it's another rip off...

2. Yarach

Yarach Registered

LOL XD. a few more days and people will even start believing up that ISI also is "ripping off" models.

I see a new hype coming up!

3. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Guys, would it not be fairer and more respectable to Tommy to let him answer before all jumping to conclusions. If you guys were so sure, why did you not come out and say so before, you can't of been that convinced. One guy comes out and says it's from Forza and suddenly everyone agrees. I seem to remember that when it was first suggested it was a pCARS model, i'm sure Tommy said he can prove it was scratch built.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2012
  4. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

I could understand you want to help Tommy in some manner...but the mesh is the same. Nothing to say more.

I don't like this kind of situations...but I don'like being teased by anyone for days and days, as everyone here...I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2012
  5. erale

erale Registered

6. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

I never acused somebody and i know there are forums about ripping cars but like i sayed im 100% sure and i triple checked it. First when i saw screen in virtualR i was like damn what a great model, cant wait to drive. Checked few times here a forum and i saw how the hell can actually somebody model a great car like that but cant do a simple smothing group and than the mapping to, this is what gave me a clue and ive checked the forza model.
    Again he can do whatever he can but dont waste modders time for ripp offs and spam forum where true modders share there knowlege!

Here a LOD1 screen which is clearly visible the shape of forza model http://imageshack.us/f/163/forzadj.jpg/
    The windows from his model are from lod0 and thats why on first place hes model had so many polys to http://isiforums.net/f/attachment.php?attachmentid=2348&d=1336768896

7. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Could you post screen of the Forza Mesh?

Thanks

8. FONismo

FONismo Registered

I don't want proof mate, nothing to prove to me. I'm not saying it isn't or it is a rip off, i'm just saying be fair and let him defend himself and prove it's his before jumping to conclusions. If it is a rip off then it's a shame and disappointing, paticulary after i see a post from Tommy in Michaels thread condemning Michael for the same thing, but as said let the guy confirm this before we start making statements. Rip offs are not what rF2 needs, i only appreciate scratch built content.

9. erale

erale Registered

As I see Ales already posted the Forza mesh. I would have waited for a comment from Tommy but now we've got the proof.

The problem I have with all those rip offs in the last few days is that every new talented modder that posts shots from his work will be always under suspicion that he ripped it from another game. And while Michael admitted that he took the model from another website Tommy claimed in this thread during the pCARS discussing that this model is scratch made by him.

Sorry, but I find that just disgusting. There are so many talented guys out there that maybe aren't up the the pCARS of Forza standards yet but they actually create their stuff by themself and are not just ripping off professional work for their 15 minutes of fame.

10. tommy86

tommy86 Registered

Hi guys, I wanna apologise to all for what happened. I started modelling the car and tose are the screen of it almost finished :

View attachment 2734 View attachment 2735

Then I took the other body shape and put it on mine...and that's the bad thing. I have no excuse...it was an errore, stupid because my model isn't so bad.

So, I hope you can all accept my apologises.

1 person likes this.
  11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I don't have any problem to accept your apologies because everyone deserve to have a second chance but

"Cuiusvis hominis est errare: nullius nisi insipientis, in errore perseverare"
    "sbagliare umano perseverare รจ diabolico"
    so don't make it again please

12. ethone

ethone Registered

Presuming you don't just mean "it looks similar" because it's the same car that's being modelled but the same poly structure:
    Is it even possible to take the models out of Forza? Why would he take the model but not the mapping?

13. Tuttle

Of course. I just tried to leave Tommy the possibility to write down the final statement before posting other stuff. This is why I used a diplomatic way before being called "the bad man".

This is for me a bad karma stuff and I'm going to stop it. Just let me say I really do not like accusing other guys...especially if we're talking about fun and games and we're sharing the same passion for sims..but all we're asking for is HONESTY. Nothing more, nothing less. Everybody here have to be honest for himself, for the other forum users and for the official ISI staff.

14. tommy86

tommy86 Registered

I can reply to you beacuse I've done it. I used Forza model because i had some problems with body shape and some details, and replaced mine with that (other parts like wing, wheels, rims, calipers, headlights, interior panel and steering wheel are modelled by me). The model from Forza hasn't got a proper mapping, and that's why i did all the job on previous posts.

If I have the chance to going on with this thread, I'll do it on the right way. Thanks

:(

15. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Just to be clear Tuttle, i was not calling anybody a badman but rather we should of just given the OP the chance to clear things up before everybody started jumping on him. Like i said in a previous post, i was not disputing whether it was or not but like i said just felt it was better for the OP to confirm himself.

Now it has been confirmed, it's disappointing tbh

16. tjc

tjc Registered

100% agree with this Nismo... scratch built or nothing imo. :)

17. Tuttle

No problems Fonismo, and I agree totally with your position..but I'm sorry to say that the lastest Tommy statements are far away to going in the right direction...so I'll stop NOW to write in this thread and I promise to myself to stop talking about other fake works. I can spend my energies in a more positive way than this.

18. Tiago Guerreiro

Tiago Guerreiro Registered

This is what i call: "What a Italian nerve!!!"

Someone who knows to model knows how to map the same model, for me this history ends here......

Audi R18 2012 - Wip = FAKE!! All the way even the rest of the parts are Rip off!!!!

19. tommy86

tommy86 Registered

This is the scratch model updated. I can understand that you all are disappointed on what happened, but I would like to go on with this work and complete it with my hands. If someone doesn't want to follow me anymore, it's ok. Maybe you'll come on future..

View attachment 2739

20. mianiak

mianiak Registered

I see a lot of poly's in that model that you don't need. Like on the nose and on the sides you have straight edges split in half. All those poly's can go. Once its in game, you use the shader to do the job those polys are doing in max. Also, if you turn smoothing on, you can see where you need to pay more attention.

What happens when you run multirez over that model with a very small adjustment? (so it basically just removes polys on flat areas)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.