ARI Fun Race #14 Malaysia (Final Round of the F3 Series)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fergy, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Try the Spark...

2. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

The difference lies in the Spark with front and rear wing selected. It's a completely different car.

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Ermm..you didnt have as many races as most of us did with F3s, thats why you are saying that.
    Personally I need a change!

4. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Agreed but is also different without wings.

5. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

hehe, yes you are right about that!
    but then, shouldn't we go to a completely different car!? what about the Nissan 370Z? i heard that it has become very good over the last updates...and we could have quite close racing in those machines! :)

6. vittorio

vittorio Registered

the 370z really is a great car to drive in rf2 now. but the spark F2 with wings always have been a great car, maybe the best of all imho. but after alot of races with historic F3 in ARI season 1 going to historic F2 now for season 2 is a very logical step for me. i am looking forward to ARI season 2 with historic F2!

7. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

I'd keep the historic cars for the league and the "others" for "extra" events just like we have just started with the modern F2s running on the same track the league raced the previous week.

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

This is foremost a historic OW series which I hope will go till the end i.e. 60's F1s, so Gorgias sums it up.

9. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

What happened to the server? And the Live Timing Hotlaps?

The server now has no rubber, and all the hotlap times have vanished?

No point being there with these two missing!

10. Paul Swire

Paul Swire Registered

Hotlaps has an error that I'm trying to resolve as for the rubber it should be there. I will double check it.

11. Paul Swire

Paul Swire Registered

Hotlaps are now working again :)

12. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Legend. Efficiency ;)

13. Paul Swire

Paul Swire Registered

I aim to please :D

14. Kalanur

Kalanur Registered

Good Luck everyone, I hope you have a good Race evening.
    Meanwhile I will watch Vettel secure his title :)

15. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

View attachment 4762 The End of the Race for first in Race 3 of this Weekend: Marcel in the back taking first, me in the front taking second just 0.016 seconds behind, after messing it all up on the last corner :eek:

1 person likes this.
  16. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Great fun, good racing throughout the field, first race a little dodgy at the back but Nicos and I just had fun having our own private race. Second two were great all round. Will post more on the forum.

17. Lecram

Lecram Registered

Hah, I initially thought you gave the win away on purpose :confused: but I've seen the replay now and... well... You braked a little too late there lol!
    Thanks for racing, if you didn't show up I would have gone and play F1 Racestars with my girlfriend, as I was much faster than the rest and I would have let them have it. But it turned out to be a brilliant night racing. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2012
  18. Lecram

Lecram Registered

Ill post a little racereport and maybe a video of race 3 this evening, here and at sr4l.com

19. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

;) yes, yes it was on purpose :rolleyes:
    Naa it wasn't even all that late, but i did turn in under too much braking, so i lost the back of the car.
    But in the End, second place was a good result for me, considering that i spun once...i'm happy at how it is.
    Yeah, we had some great racing together :) very equal in laptimes, as could be seen in race 2.
    I thought about uploading the replay of my 2:25:6 lap, but somehow it was awfully undramatic. but if i find the time, i'll do it anyways...

20. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

Here is my race report, as posted in the sr4l forum:

Quali: After struggling in my first few Laps out, the seconds few Laps out were much better...reducing the tire pressure gave me a bit more Grip i think. Thus i was able to get my first .25 Lap on Malaysia: an 2:25:662. On the third few Laps out, i wasn’t really able to reproduce that. Concentration was gone and i was too much on all these slippery curbs.

Race 1: I wasn’t really prepared for the 69 Liters i put in the car at the start. My gear ratio on first was much too long which led to an dreadful start which again led to David Coyne overtaking me before the first corner.
    After that i tried to force that heavy rear end through all the corners Malaysia threw at me...but it was no good: after having to let Marcel pass me at the end of lap 1 the rear end turned around on me half way through lap 2.
    The following 3 laps were just watching the Fight between Coyne and Marcel in the distance, but then lap 6 held a special challenge for me: “crew ready for pitstop”....ummm....uuh...how the heck do i get into the pits??
    i just noticed on lap 6, that i never had pitted in malaysia ever, and that i also never had seen a pit entry - since you don’t notice it when driving through the last hairpin normally. So i began to search for a pit entry from the second to last corner on :D after finally finding the damn crew in the damn pits i promised myself never to do that mistake again...we will see

Race 2: At the start of race 2, Coyne hit my back a little bit after missing his braking point to T1. Luckily i was just sped up a bit, not turned around by this shunt.
    After that, marcel and i played a tandem for 6 laps. Him in front, me in the back, lap after lap after lap. i think the biggest gap we had was 6 tenths, but mostly it was less than 4 tenths. I had some small chances to overtake him, but considering he needed the points for the overall-ranking, i didn’t want to wreck him....so i needed a secure chance for overtaking him. But you guys know marcel...he never makes a mistake. So some aborted half hearted tries to overtake was all i did. i hoped for the pitstop to decide.
    In tune with our similar laptimes, we also had the same pit-strategies and entered the pits end of lap 6 - with only few tenths between us. Sadly my lazy old pit-crew wasn’t up for all this hectic racing and took two seconds longer to fill up my little tank than it took marcels pit-crew. I wasn’t able to undo that in my last lap, so it was place 2 all over again.

Race 3: After a good start i was making a good progress through the field. Only overtaking Paul Wickham was quite tricky, since he seemed to have had quite some lag. I nearly took him out with my overtaking move - apologies for that!
    Now i was on P4 and already smelled a great race in front of me...but my heavy rear end had other plans again: second to last corner on lap one i was facing backwards again. This lost me two places.
    After that it was chasing after the leaders and in lap 5 i had restored the classic situation: Marcel on P1, me on P2...dammit! But this time i wasn’t all that kind with marcel - he already had two wins this weekend, so it was time for fighting!
    On the last corner of lap 6 - we were both headed to the pits - i was able to leap past marcel into the now well known pit-entrance. This time around, my pit crew was a little bit more motivated, so we both emerged from the pits like we entered them before: Me on P1, Marcel on P2.
    In that last lap the rear-end took revenge for all the bad names i had called it in the hour before. It did step out several times and worst of all, in the very last corner of the race. I had to take the hairpin in one big drift making room for the last attack of Marcel. We raced down the Straight, side by side, nose to nose...but in the end i was one nose short if winning...so we had the same result as in all races: Marcel 1; Johannes 2 :(