ARI Fun Race #14 Malaysia (Final Round of the F3 Series)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fergy, Nov 11, 2012.

1. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

+1, Im in! (dont know if it can be done though, we ll see)

2. vittorio

vittorio Registered

3. Kalanur

Kalanur Registered

Aren't those 60's F2 not easier to drive than the F3 ones? The F2 has wings, which means aerodynamics which again means more grip (and speed).
    So we would have fast drivers in F2's, which will be a lot faster than those Sir Spinalots in F3's like me. I would feel like a moving obstacle to be honest. I already try hard to not come in the way of people who are faster than me but if they have way more speed and grip than me it will get even harder than now.
    I could think of a 2-class race with the F1's and F2's because I guess the difference wouldn't be as big.
    If the difference is too big you will have no time to concentrate on your own race because you will always see blue flags all over the screen.

But I don't think we need to forcely seperate the field with different cars. The last race with the F2 2012 (I really really love this car) was already a 2-class race with 5-6 fast people as Class A and the other half as Class B. Like I've said before the race, finishing 5th or better would be like a win for me cause those people on 1-4th were unbeatable for me while the others were hard competition and doable.

I for my part would like to see more F2 2012 races. It's my favourit car at the moment and feels more like racing than nursing the car around the track like currently with the 60's F3

4. Fergy

Fergy Registered

There will be no mixed class server at the moment. This Sunday see's the end of our first series and there is a lot to do and to allow for with the up and coming. I will need opinions from members, maybe in the for of a survey or possibly a forum pole. Nothing is set in concrete and the members combined with Admin will design the next series.

5. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Fergy, what do you think about my idea of increasing race length to 8 laps? Just to be inthe 20-21 minute races gap.

6. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

7. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

I don't really like the idea of mixed class racing either...but i guess most guys here do, so it will happen :p
    The reasons i don't like it: At the moment, we are nearly always under 20 guys participating in the F3 races....so when we even split up THAT little group, we end up with only very few guys to race with.
    I think there should be a test event with the split-class before it is decided for the next season! In my opinion it is too early...later on with about 30 guys, we could have two starting groups in rolling starts with about 30 secs between them (like the VLN Series does it at Nürburgring)...but i don't know if this is possible yet!?
    However i would like it the most, if we all decide on ONE main car for the next season...be it the F3 or the F2.

8. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Even more reason for my survey I'm preparing. If you have any ideas please pm me either here or in our own forum.

9. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

The idea is to race them together at the same time, so we should be the same amount of drivers on track.

10. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Sorry for being late to the party but if I'm understanding correctly that you guys are going to be racing 60s F2s then count me in!!!!!

11. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Not late, you're still on time. Season 1, driving F3s only will finish this sunday, and then we will start the new season, combining F2s and F3s at the same time (or at least that is the main idea at the moment)

12. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

By the way, it was really funny when doing some race practice yesterday in the server it started raining twice. Luckily every time it rained it only lasted for about 30sec.

13. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

You certainly have your best chance if you dont blow it, as I really hate Malaysia. Ill practise all week though, so Ill be giving my best on Sunday, come prepared.

btw I was expecting you at Portugal F2 2012, are we having weekends at Nurbs with beer and all again? ;)

Ive seen ISRs race but Im getting late at home on a weekday.

14. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Have any of you F3 nuts tried them on Motorsport ranch? Really fun track for this car. I have to admit that, while I very much admire the F3s for what they are and how wonderfully executed in rf2, I have a hard time concentrating when driving them compared to f2 and especially f1 (lose concentration for a second with those and u could be dead easily). But they are very fun at Motorsport ranch as are the Clios. Just thought I'd share in case some of u are missing out on this...

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

so many tracks nowdays, but my fav after ISI historics is certainly Sebring.

16. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

Yes, i understand that, but it leaves you with even less people to compete with. the only contact an F2 and an F3 racer would have, is when the F3 gets lapped...not when they have an awesome fight for position. And in my opinion those fights for position are the fun about all this!
    I think Motorsport Ranch would be a must for the next Season...it's so different from all these modern F1 kind Circuits without any real elevation in it.

17. vittorio

vittorio Registered

not quite :) i intended to be at portugal, but couldnt stop working on converting my favorite two tracks to rf2 :eek:

18. baked bean

baked bean Registered

19. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Just put me and all the other slow guys in the f2s. LOL.

20. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

;)
    I just tried the EVE F2 on MoSpoRanch, and i think it is harder to drive than the F3. I start wondering, why we don't stay at the F3...i think it's a wonderfull car and we all still have to learn it...so why change?