Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Emery

Emery Registered

Do you have a better word choice? "Adoring fans"? "Users" just seems so wrong, LOL.

2. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

But Emery, I am a "user". Been using this mod for quite some time. (depends on what one is using - I know that is what you meant, correct?)

Being a customer allows one to become a user.

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Just because a car is slower it shouldn't be artificially altered. Realism is where it is at, some cars fit better on certain tracks and a slower car gives it a great challenge to the faster drivers.

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

This isn't a v1.0. Most of the issues raised were already there in the prior version.

For me, other than the SLS, each car is better than the prior version, which is what I hope/expect from an update. I really like the change evident from the new CPM. If there are set-ups that make the cars better, provide them to Apex--maybe they'll use them in the next version. Provide them here if you want some additional feedback.

The fine details of the BOP can be worked out at the end. You first have to have accurate and good quality working vehicles to balance, so be patient.

5. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Thank you very much for the updated version!

Just had some quick laps around different circuits and it feels great - will do some more to give better feedback on the physics later. Anyhow I found some visual glitches and don't know if they were mentioned already so I will just post them without further checking for double posts ;)

• Cars do not have static (sub)shadows or in case of the 799 have full black and non-transparent static shadows
    • Strange reflections in upper left corner of the Z4's cockpit
    • Exaggerated or unbalanced reflections on some cars (rear window of MP412C, body and window on 458 compared to other cars, etc.)
    • Steering animation on MP412C steering wheel: Driver hands in the air when steering at maximum
    • Ride heigh of MP412C & Z4 are visually a bit too heigh
    • Driver is sitting much too heigh or misplaced in most cars (head directly below the roof or above the head rest)
    • Collision object of 458 and maybe other cars seems too small (during collision there is a huge clipping)
    • Z4 has missing chassis object (?) in spinner
    • SLS has missing black/inside objects of fenders
    • no driver seats in external view of MP412C and Z06R

Again: Thank you very much for your hard work and take your well deserved break :cool:

6. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

I did a few tests mainly with the BMW on the Nordschleife and noticed something that was pointed out to be a Mclaren issue, but it seems to be something general with the new tires. The rear wear is a lot lower. Before the update tire wear was pretty much equal all round, but now the rear tire wear is less than before.

I noticed that the rear tire centre temperature is around 20°C lower since the update. Inner and outer temp are basically the same.

Example on a straight (same position on track)
    old tires:
    Inner: 79°
    Centre: 85°
    Outer: 66°

new tirws:
    Inner: 79°
    Centre: 62°
    Outer: 65°

So except for the centre there is nearly no diffrence, but it seems weird that the centre is cooler than the outer part of the tire, but I am not expert on tires. But I guess the lower centre temp results in less wear on the rear. Front wear is pretty much equal. I noticed that on the front the inner part is hotter on the new tires, but centre stays up to 20° cooler on the corners, but still on the front the tire is inner is the hottest part followed by centre and then outer.

So it seems to me there is something wrong with the centre part of the rear tires as it stays cooler than the outer part.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

7. Justy

Justy Registered

Purely out of curiosity, have you tried playing with the tyre pressures to see if this influences the temps? If I remember correctly that is one of the things this new CPM is meant to address.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

8. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

So far not. I used the default tire pressures around 150kpa, but that should still make the tire properly inflated at the rear. Otherwise I should have the same issue at the front.

9. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

I have and it didn't do anything. Camber doesn't have much of affect on temps either but it did change the grip levels in corners a bit.

10. Rik

Rik Registered

+1 Please any suggestions from the community?

11. Acestumacher

Acestumacher Registered

Could anyone supply a set up that relates to these times?

12. hak

hak Registered

I'm doing 7:19 at tourist Nords in the 799. That is about 30 seconds faster than the URD Darche car. Every track the car setup is about the same for the 799. Soften the suspension components, increase the gearing, reduce the cambers Mucho Buncho and tire pressures set to around 20 PSI all around. Any higher tire pressures, especially in the rear, makes the back end step out on corners AND under acceleration.

13. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Hi guys. Thanks for the update. The first dl link doesn't work. Downloaded v.92 from the second but the mod doesn't get showed in the mod manager. Downloaded the mod about ten times. No success.[emoji20] any tips? Thanks

14. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Registered

15. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Thx for the quick reply. I downloaded it and did a fresh lite rf2 install. I copied the mod in the package folder and it doesn't appear in the manager. It's the only mod installed. No clue what's wrong......the previous version worked....and was a blast.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

16. redapg

redapg Registered

Excuse the question but, did you extract the downloaded zip file?

17. Jan Cato Larsen

Jan Cato Larsen Registered

For that linked you have dl from the file is packed using Winrar.
    You can download Winrar for free or you can use 7zip.
    If you install winrar, you doubleclick the file, it will then open, you can drag the files to packages folder then :)

We always pack our download files this way at Simjunkies.

18. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Hi. Of course I used winrar to unrar the files. But thanks for the tip. Maybe I reinstall rf2 again and download the mod again. I guess the mod is ok because there is no error message on winrar.....maybe I will try another unrar program as you mentioned. Cheers

Edit: After a further reinstall of the game the mod is visible in a the mod manager. I did all the same way as the ten times before.

Thank you apex for the great cars. Great graphics. The gearbox shifting sound of the McLaren is a bit loud.
    Still in love with your work. Thank you very much.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2015
  19. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

Question, but isn't that a lot faster than the actual times of the this specific Porsche? I thought the 997 GT3 lap time around Nord was 7:40-ish. Am I looking up the wrong info or does this mod run faster?

20. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

I guess you dint have the 997 GT3R laptimes the 997 GT3 is a road car. The actual GT3R does a VLN layout lap on less than 8:10 and the GP track in thr short version is longer than 30 seconds.