Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Nah, I find the Porche both managable and very enjoyable. A few setup tweaks and the snappy behavior goes away. The tires behave very logically and predictable. The feeling of downforce is spot on too. Great car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Mikk Quickmikk

Mikk Quickmikk Guest

3. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

Would you mind to share your setup?

4. yoss

yoss Registered

one exempl of b.o.p on the rfronline champ : http://www.racingfr-online.com/hotlap/index.php?id=631

you can click on the green icon for see thetime made with the different models by each driver

some 799 drivers are able to race the same time as others , those drivers don't seem to have anykind of problem ronnie describe ....some mp4 driver made 1.40.080 ...no heating problem on the rear tyres ...etc etc etc

we don't have 3s by lap difference .every car is able to made 1.40.xxx ,some others 1.39.www , in real it s like this sorry...depending on track and driver behind the Wheel .

about collision problem , we still inspecting

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
  5. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Woah. It's like 5th edit that you make there. ;) Have seen even the first one (which was interesting to see). You seemed to be almost personally offended by my opinion. Opinion.. ;) Take my feedback or leave it. Was offering my more detailed feedback and other data. You don't seem to be interested though. Too bad.

But enough of my bla bla bla, as you described it. No harm feelings. ^^ I'm grateful for your mod and wish you further success in improving it.

6. yoss

yoss Registered

mp ronnie

7. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Well it is strange then why cars seem to be so wide apart. Speaking about impressions from the first laps and longer tests as well with each of them. When straight out of the box without tweaking the setup (outside changing gear ratios for some because of them being too long or too short), first laps with each car, I do 2:00 with Camaro at Silver and 2:04 with the rest with some 2:03 then you try doing some setup work and you end up doing 1:59s with Camaro and 2:01-2:02 with the rest with tyres in much worse shape than with Camaro. Can't remember accurate time for each one of them but will check. About weaknesses of each car and dialing them with the setup. I made a setup for each of them after longer time testing them and many shortcomings of each car were lessened yet still it was noticeable that it's still there and the only way to make them drive well after setup changes was to change way of driving for each of them. Which is ok because you never drive each car the same way. But I will bow to anyone who does 2:00 with SLS at Silver similar conditions to mine. You can't deny that some cars from the pack have strange behavior that shouldn't be there. I want to see this mod in some leagues or even pick up races but it won't be a good sight to see only 2-3 cars tops because the rest no one takes.

8. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Mirror settings of all car? I not seem to be able to adjust left and right mirror apart from each other. Am i missing something or aint it in?

Tried all known button combo's.

Thanks again for the great mod.

9. yoss

yoss Registered

ronnie
    i think you don't read the thing i explain to you .
    so for the last time :
    on Estoril some car made around 1.39.xxx , some cars can't do more 1.40.xxxx , depend of the track , the real road condition etc etc etc like in real
    if you can integrate this thing , so you can may be understand this second thing :
    on silverstone some car can do 1.59.xxx some cars can do 2.00.xxx and some others can't do more better than 2.01.xxx ,depend on track condition , the grip of the track like in real

this difference is because car have different power , ability to slide or grip etc etc etc like in real life
    and in the game its the same thing .you can do every b.o.p you want the fact is like this .

difficult to understand ??
    you can live with this thing?

eddy
    yes our bad , we missing this thing :eek:

10. Rik

Rik Registered

Great Mod yoss ! Thank you !!!!!!!!

11. kro388th

kro388th Registered

I think the cars are just about on with the performance ,IRL the Camaro simply out mussels the field .. on flat out tracks with fast turns its un touchable ,but when you get to the twisty tracks the other cars can out perform it with proper driving ..

I was watching a race on TV last weekend IMSA I think at Mid Ohio (someone can correct me ;-)?? but they had the Porsche ,Ferrari, mc12 , Z4's, mustangs ectt.. I don't think it was GT3 class but similar cars ? IDK ..

what I wanted to say was the announcers were talking about how the Camaro dominates them all , so badly that they had to use BOP to slow the Camaro down or exclude them from the series .. they took away some of its DF among other things so it would give the other cars a chance in the turns ..

So seeing ppl say the Camaro is faster fits it real life counterpart ..

My fave so far is the 799 ! once I tweaked the set up the snap over steer was gone and I could start pushing the car like a 'rear engine' car can be pushed ! its a lot of fun this car :D..

I did a lot of tweaks but the one that helped the over steer the most for me was increasing the fast bump & rebounds F & R while adding some R wing that settled it down for me .. default set is very oversteery- ;-)

12. Eddy

Eddy Registered

No problem Yoss. Maybe next build. I'm having lots of fun with them even without mirrors [emoji6]

13. Emery

Emery Registered

IMSA is GTE-spec rather than GT3-spec, so not same. If they were GT3 cars you saw, then the series would be Pirelli World Challenge (SCCA Pro Racing).

Checking the schedules... yes, PWC was at Mid-Ohio last weekend.

14. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

Will this mod include an Audi R8? Mod is great.... My buttcheeks are glued to the seat of an SLS :)

15. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Sure, nothing wrong with that. I like to see car's performance as close to real one as possible. But with sim racing there is this ooooone tiny little problem. No one wants to drive the slow ones (other than people that like willingly lose on purpose). When certain mod, series has few cars and 1-2 of them appear to be heads and shoulders above any other car in almost every aspect (nothing wrong with situation when A car is 0.5 s faster on avr per lap but consumes fuel to the point that in a longer race it has to make 1 more stop than car B that is slower but can go longer without having to stop. But here at least in my testing in appears that Camaro is not only faster but also way better on the tyres which in a longer race it would put it in a different league in same class) guess which car will everyone drive in that league that features this mod. Exactly, the one that gives them best chance of winning. Not everyone is like that, I know and I've said it but where's the fun of having so many cars and win in a car that is so much faster than the others or there's the fun of driving in that one single car that no one else picked just to get overtaken left, right and center.

That's why things are easier at spec series. Indycar (not anymore, at least less than it used to be), Nascar, GP2 etc.

What I liked about few cars (Camaro especially) in this mod? Is how my inputs felt right. Excluding cars like SLS which really feels wrong in my view. I didn't feel like I'm driving just heavier LMP car or lighter road car. Then after loading a yt video just to watch some racing in GT3. After a bit I realized that my inputs were the same as the guys driving them (camera on feet, steering wheel and bonnet camera at Silverstone too). Made me smile.

Once again I'm gonna say this and that should be enough. I like some parts of this mod. I just feel that there are some issues with some cars (some feel already very close to being very good) that when fixed it should be very good, enjoyable mod which right now shows potential but isn't quite there yet. Some tweaks here and there and I'm going to be very happy with it. :) Right now I'm enjoying Camaro, 845 is not bad and 799 when driven ahead of it's characteristics how deceiving it might be it is ok to drive, just slower than Camaro with worse tyre management. :)

16. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

How in the hell are people doing 1:59 - 2:01's at Silverstone?? Good lawd have mercy... ...btw, I like the mod, esp. the new tire model. Thank you Apex.

17. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Use middle pedal only as a footrest while keeping the right one hard down. Should do the trick. xD

I'd sworn that I've seen this very funny sticker that someone placed in F1 on someone's steering wheel few years ago that said: "Brake less, accelerate more". :D

18. Ernie

Ernie Registered

I have to agree with that.

I really appreciate the hard work and it's really a well-made mod. You're doing a good job, Apex Modding.
    But i also have to admit, that there are some balancing and handling issues (especially the SLS). And i'm not just speaking about different car brands/characteristics have advantages/disadvantages at different track layouts.

19. Emery

Emery Registered

Right! The default setups are off, far enough that we're voicing concerns and all the customers agree on which cars are out-of-whack. It is likely that better setups will bring the handling more in-line, but initial perceptions are based on those default setups.

20. cosimo

cosimo Registered

"Customers" ?