Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

2. yoss

yoss Registered

no
    you have a low res right? try to put higher thing

3. Diogo Oliveira Falcão

Diogo Oliveira Falcão Registered

Yoss,
    I would like to thank you for this amazing mod, for sure is the best GT mod that I ever driven.
    I am facing the same problem but my video res is currently 1080p (tried windowed mode and full screen mode).

4. yoss

yoss Registered

car detail to low?
    textures to low?
    1024 x 768 res or 1980 x 1024 full settings?

5. Diogo Oliveira Falcão

1920 x 1080 @ Max settings

6. Mikk Quickmikk

Mikk Quickmikk Guest

Diogo, i have it too, look at your player.json for the bold entrys:

How do I get a better Frame Rate?
    This is a graphic intense sim but this seems to have helped everyone that I race with.
    You need to do this in the order posted for it to work correctly.
    1- While in the game, go to the Graphics/Audio tab.
    Set Opponent Detail and Player Detail to LOW.
    Exit the game.
    2-Open the YourName.PLR file.
    Scroll down to [ Graphic Options ] and look for these lines.
    Player Texture Override="-1"
    Opponent Texture Override="-1"

You can change the number from 1-3
    Low texture= 1
    medium= 2
    High= 3
    I suggest the 3 setting like so
    Player Texture Override="3"
    Opponent Texture Override="3"

Don't forget to take out the - sign when doing this:)
    Basically you get the lower detail model but with higher res skins.
    This is by far the best FPS tweak I have found.
    Thanks to Kevin Paliwoda for pointing this out.

I use this trick for many Frames(100) steady on Tripples, i can live with it.

Greetings Mikk:cool:

7. mark7

mark7 Registered

Great mod thank you!
    I've found unless car detail and textures are on high setting, panels especialy on the SLS are missing.

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Looks like the lowest lods not having the rear bumper?

9. Diogo Oliveira Falcão

Solved my problem, thanks a bunch!!!

10. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

my setting is
    car detail = low.
    textures = low.
    1920 x 1080.

In the Low level, rear bumper does not display.

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

This is happening with many cars and all settings are at maximum. We spoke of it above. For me, no other mod has this problem. I may try the PLAYER.JSON trick, but there is still a problem here.

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

What are the implications of the lower detail model? Parts missing? Why would one want high-res skins, but with less detail?

13. Mikk Quickmikk

Mikk Quickmikk Guest

As said before, best compromise for me to get steady 100 Frames to feed my 100 Hz 3x27". Not everything is round what should be round, only remarkable when driving nearly ass to nose^^. Hires Skins are much more urgent.Try it and you'll see, no big thing to do it.
    Mikk

14. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I tested this fix mikk and it works for me, cars (paintwork, skins) are crisp and sharp and a nice fps increase.
    Thanks for the tip.

15. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

After giving it a bit more time I can give my opinion on the cars.

Some cars feel a bit unfinished (for example POV is strange in most cars, like I'm a giraffe). Some even broken. SLS, 799 and Z06 feel like they have wooden rear tyres in higher speed bends or that rear wing is generating lift instead of downforce. It feels awkward when a turn that is flat out even for a road car with really little wheel turning Z06 and 799 suddenly kinda give up and go into that surprise oversteer that if not corrected instantly is going to send the car into the wall (even with many setup tweaks the problem was still there). 12c is easy to drive and for some reason can't get rear tyres up to temp. Tried many things with setup and unless you are driving like a complete muppet they stay much much colder than fronts that also heat up way more than the rest of the cars in the series. 458 is decent, isn't showing any signs of being fundementally wrong. Z4 is ok to drive, understeery but doesn't feel wrong aswell. Then there is this biggest surprise of them all: Camaro. It looks like ISI Camaro with added CPM (and maybe some other tweaks?) that feels the biggest, the heaviest of them all and yet... I'm 3 s faster in that car than with the rest of the cars. It understeers in fast sweeping corners more than other cars (tested at Silverstone) and yet I was able to carry more speed without overdriving the tyres. Mostly due to it being a bit more direct than some other cars.

There is potential in this mod. I mean it. I wish the modders all the best and bring it to a level it deserves. Right now BoP is really bad. When difference between fastest and slowest (in my hands) car is even 4 s then we can say that BoP is broken. I know it is a pain in the arse to make all these fundementally different cars to be as close as possible without compromising their characteristics but I believe you will find a way.

In my opinion Camaro even with all it's faults and weaknesses feels the closest to a GT3 car in my mind. So if the rest of the cars get sorted out I feel that getting them closer to Camaro way of driving should improve them considerably. I had the most fun with Camaro, the car that I was expecting to be least fond with. Left me gobsmacked, in a positive way.

I'm sounding a bit harsh maybe but that's because I care. I want this mod to be as good as possible but right now it isn't and giving my feedback to help it improve. If asked I can provide much more detailed feedback and suggestions on each car. :)

Chin up guys and you will get it right sooner or later. :D

EDIT: Drove Camaro again and it's really outstanding. The more you drive it the more you appreciate this car dynamics and when driven properly it is really fast. 1:59s at silver kind of fast. :p Love it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
  16. Ernie

Ernie Registered

I absolutely agree. The Camaro is the best car in the pack. And not because it's faster than any other cars of the mod, but because the handling feels very natural. The load on the tyres is much better translated through FFB. The car feels heavy which adds to the driving experience.
    If you step out of the Camaro and right into the SLS the difference of the driving feel is like night and day. Like completely different mod, as i said before. It's like driving a GT3 car against a road car with no downforce and crappy street tyres.

17. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

Yesterday I was driving around Sebring for 2h or so with 854 and 799.

854 feels really good, but I noticed that 799 drives ok the first lap, but when tyres get temperature, rear tyres grip is lost and the car is absolutely imposible to drive.

Has anyone noticed this?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
  18. Mikk Quickmikk

Mikk Quickmikk Guest

No, 799 for me is a thrill now to drive, i can perfectly feel tyreoutsides, pushing to hard is early recognized. Great Mod.

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I agree. The 799 is such a great car to race now. One of the very best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

799 has very strange, snapy characteristic. If you are ahead of the car's shenanigans and plan ahead with your inputs it is driveable but is it enjoyable? Not really. It's not a chore, not a joy. It's somewhat in no man's land. Which is sad because I've always liked feeling of Porsche.

Exactly what I mean. ;) Fistbump.