Accuforce/Sim commander issues

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by davek, Dec 17, 2018.

1. davek

davek Registered

Hi
    Does anyone run RF2 with Accuforce/Sim commander? I just can't get it set up.

I have tried deleting the .json files
    with and without sim commander
    loaded simexperience, simsteering and osw defaults
    no matter what I do I get one of the following
    - dead ffb, basically just weight
    - totally wrong degrees of rotation
    - a strange thing where it works properly for about 10 seconds then fades out

Please help as RF2 is my favourite sim and worked great with fanatec and thrustmaster

2. Goanna

Goanna Registered

3. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Have you used the rf2 plugin inside SC4 to make a profile for rf2. The wheel and SC4 are awesome when working and definitely work well with rf2.

4. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

When you run the SC4 Profile for rF2, make sure you don't get an error in SC4. If so, that could give you a clue about any issues there. You can also start rF2 from Steam and later run SC4; the AccuForce will use the base settings stored in the controller until you load a specific game-FFB profile.

Be aware that most titles will produce clipping in the FFB-signal when run at 100% output. Soft-Clipping can result in very heavy steering feel, lack of detail and a very "Springy" feel in the steering. You can avoid this by reducing the game-FFB output (Strength / Gain); in rF2, the force-strength is applied per-car and is set to 1.0 by default. I suggest reducing that to about .5 to start. You may need to increase the AF output if you have it reduced.

As for the fading out part, that could be related to several possible causes so first see if you can get some decent FFB. Once you have the above issues solved, you can then tackle the Auto-Rotation feature but, a temporary work-around is to use something like 600 degrees of rotation in the AccuForce Rotation settings. That can provide a rough average that will work okay with most cars.

For more information on the Auto-Lock (Auto-Rotation Feature), you can refer to this thread.

I also suggest reading related posts in the SimXperience AF forum as there are multiple threads covering issues and solutions for the AccuForce with various titles. If you still cannot solve the fading out issue, you should submit a support-ticket with SimXperience.

5. davek

davek Registered

Hi Guys
    Thanks for the responses, I have tried all that,
    I have the plugin installed and enabled
    I have tried all different degrees of rotation both in RF2 and sim commander
    I have tried it with and without sim commander
    I have tried numerous different profiles for controller
    I dont get the error message and SC loads RF2 fine

I always get one of the following issues:
    - FFB takes about 10 seconds to even start after going on track
    - it starts on one degree of rotation and over the lap it changes
    - degree of rotation totally wrong
    - soft lock at 360 degrees despite being set at something else

That is without even trying to match the onscreen wheel to the physical wheel which is imperative to me as I race VR

6. davek

davek Registered

Great news, sorted it, it was the default speed sensitivity and steering rate that messed it all up, set them to 1% and 0% and now matches perfect.
    Only thing I cant sort now is engine RPM, it wont work

RaceNut likes this.
  7. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I find that the Engine-Vibe's act as an indicator of some SC4 issue for me so, if I don't feel them, it usually means SC4 didn't start properly of something's not quite right. Others have had issues with rF2 and SC4 not working in certain cases; Steam folder location and USB-issues seem to be things to investigate if you find it's still not working.

Another thing I like to do is to exit SC4 and restart after making any hardware-setting changes as things just seem to take better when doing so.

8. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

I have an AF and I used the Accuforce profile in game to start. Then using default settings in AF I set the degrees of rotation to match the rotation of the specific car. For example I have car specific rotation checked. For the Porsche it’s aroind 560 degrees. I just change it in game to make the AF 560 degrees.

You can avoid all that now with the new controller limited option but this would be a good test to start.