1999 Panoz AIV Roadster 0.95 available

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 20, 2014.

1. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

"I had my FFB multiplier on 3" :

with what wheel? I've a T500RS and if I use "3" for FFB multiplier my car explodes! lol...but I'm going to try what you said, thanks.

2. Sk1dmarks

Sk1dmarks Registered

I have a T500 RS as well and my multiplier for this car is 1,3. But MikeeCZ, you're right. It feels similar to a C5 Corvette I've driven on Zolder before.

3. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

i have very very worn out Logitech Drive Force Pro or what is the name of it, i admit that mult. 3 is on the borders of its capabilities

4. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Yes I agree completely, the Panoz feels so familiar like a real road car transplanted on to my computer. It is one of my favourite ISI cars for sure.

5. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

i need to wait for one of those VR sets, and buy a fan so i can feel the wind and i will forget that i am actually not driving a real car :D

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Well, this is going to cause a storm around here...

The Panoz seems to exhibit some RF1 tendancies that I don't get from any other car, ever, in rFactor 2 (3rd party or ISI car).

It has that same bad-RF1-mod behaviour where you hardly need to apply any steering lock to turn the car because the rear of the car is so easily willing to swing around and help you turn in.

Sadly it seems like people in the simracing community lately only judge physics by 2 things, how easily/difficult it is to control a car's oversteer drifts (especially on power) and the real-life FFB feel of their wheel. Seems like most have been obsessing over this "powerslide on the limit controllability" area in combination with FFB "feel" so much and for so long it's as if no other physics behaviour matters. Nail good controllable oversteer and nice FFB and voila, perfect sim game/car.

The RF2 Panoz is very fun because of it's drifting and naturalness to correct slides, and because the FFB feels great, but apart from the good control of slides and very nice FFB the rest of the behaviour of the car just doesn't seem like RFactor 2 to me. To me it feels like an RFactor 1 quick convert or something. It has the same bad-RF1-mod behaviour where you hardly need to use any lock to turn the car in to the corner, as under braking, turn-in and all the way to the apex the car's rear is just so overly willing to slide out and help you get the car into the corner therefore requiring hardly any steering lock.

Using the rear to step out to help you turn into a corner is a very specific technique to learn in real life, the rear doesn't just flail around at will under turn in like this car, especially considering it's a road car. A driver would be in the wall the first day they owned it.

People say this car makes RF2 feel un-icy, I think the great FFB gives the IMPRESSION of non-icyness, but in terms of actual vehicle behaviour it feels/seems more icy than anything I have played in a long time. Unfortunately most people just judge by FFB "feel" and by "how good can I control a powerslide", and therefore don't seem to care (or pay attention to) anything else regarding vehicle dynamics behaviour.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2014
  7. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Lol that conclusion of yours how people judge cars is like out of this world man. I dont know where did you get that anybody judges quality of physics based on controlability of oversteer, but its one of the funniest statements i have read in all this moaning here on the forum. The reason why is the rear going into turn so willingly is because the rear of the car is very light by braking. There is no downforce on the rear and the suspension is very soft, its a road car for flip sake. It does not happen when youdont drive on the limit, when you drive it like normal road car on a normal road. Sorry mate but your post seem and total nonsence to me as a whole

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Thats the thing though, it does happen when you don't drive on the limit. As long as you just push a little.

Maybe I just need to spend more time with it. I only drove it for about half an hour, I'll give it a 3 or 4 hour session tomorrow.

9. Miro

Miro Registered

I think he is spot on about this. Not necessarily speaking about the Panoz here but generally in sim racing.

10. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Didnt observe anything like that on other people and deffinetly not my case

11. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Try testing it at Targa Florio, narrow and twisty. It feels so good there.

12. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Thanks MikeeCZ, you are right, I've tried the Panoz on Longford with my T500RS (with FFB multiplier = 1.40) and the sound max...it was awesome and I'm better than you :)D) : I hear the wind!!

13. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

The former president of my local Saab club actually owns this car.
    On the day he took delivery, he drove it over to one of our meeting.
    We got to touch and examine everything.
    It's a nice piece of kit.
    If I can, I'll try to catch up with him and see if I can get him to drive the sim version to compare.
    I haven't had the ability to try it or any of my sims recently, since I'm moving and all my hardware...except my computer is boxed.
    I may just have to un-box that wheel.

14. pkelly

pkelly Registered

@Saabjock - Yes, we all think that's a fine idea. A test drive from an owner :) I've never even seen a Panoz, up here, in the great white north but it's sure a blast at the Targa.

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

just gave it a go

1st impressions it feels as if it wants to drift all the time, maybe its just me as Ive not used it for that long

I'm dreading the thought that ISI are starting to follow kunos AC's style

16. Justy

Justy Registered

Just a small suggestion/request, but is there any chance we could have a slightly more cheerful looking driver in future updates to this car? The dude who is currently behind the wheel looks as though he just caught his missus in bed, with one of the Skip Barber AI.

View attachment 12162

Perhaps ISI could add this option to the car upgrades bit, so we could choose from happy, angry, terrified etc etc. :)

17. Minibull

Minibull Member

That is the awesomest idea ever! XD

18. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

ye that would be funny :)

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

LOL OMG look at that face lolol

20. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

I want to drive around with an orgasm face lol