1999 Panoz AIV Roadster 0.95 available

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 20, 2014.

1. TPS

TPS Registered

Thank you for your replies - As I noticed, on paper Panoz resembles R300 (weight/power ratio). My question is motivated by the fact, I am looking for a simcar that is as close to driving behaviour as it is possible to Caterham R300. That is why I am considering to start my adventure with rFactor2. What is demotivating me is possible hassle of tinkering with my motion rig/SimVibe/PC to get it running properly.

2. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

rFactor 2 is extremely good in cooperating with Sim gear, most of the stuff is actually simple Plug and Play, where every single other Sim i have ever tried required what you call tinkering with the stuff, rF2 takes them as a tea party. I dont have to have specific FFB profile for my Steering wheel, i dont have to change degrees of rotation anywhere, everything i tried worked as i pluged it in. Not saying that that would be the case with every gear there is, but to me rF2 has been by far the best in accepting Sim gear off all sorts. Almost like its expecting you to plug it in.

Except of Panoz i dont think there is anything else that would really come anywhere close to R300 quite yet. Shelby Cobra is beign developed as another Sunday drive super fun car and than i dont know what is coming next, but i dont expect Caterham, has never been annouced.

3. TPS

TPS Registered

That sounds promising - I may try it then!

Thank you

4. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

There is a free demo

Make sure you give it a go, I personally can no longer swap to any other Sim anymore as they are all arcades compared to rF2 and i am too much into realism

5. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

I did not care much for the Panoz on race tracks but tried it on the Targa Floro and WOW!, now I love it. Great drive!

6. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Its not a racing car, it simply is not. The best its on a country road with sun above your head and a good song in your stereo. I think its great that such car is in rF2 now, you could even simply use it to teach people to drive before actually taking them to a real car if you have a H shifter and 3 pedals

7. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Now try transfagarasan and route 666 :)

Edit - ... And Lienz of course! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
  8. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Shifting is definitely a bit tricky, but it's a blast to drive. Thank you ISI!

What's the reasoning behind the default setup having less camber in the front than the rear? I find the car to be more stable and predictable with less tire pressure all around, a detached front sway bar and more camber in the front than rear

9. Adrian

Adrian Registered

I'd guess their using the alignment specs from the service manual, most production cars have more camber at the back because understeer is safer than oversteer :)

10. Frank N. O.

Frank N. O. Registered

Darn, I just saw "Released" and "Panoz" and my heart-rate just redlined, then I saw "AIV Roadster" (I'd hoped it was the Esperante GTLM GT2). I must say though that I became happy again seeing just how good the model looked even though I seem to remember this also is an older 3D model like the GT2. I hope this means the GT2 will also look as good and accurate when it'll be released :cool: My offer to beta-test the GT2 still stands btw.

Thank you very much for your continued work ISI, things might not always be smooth sailing but I still think rF2 is king of the racing simulators.

11. Minibull

Minibull Member

Which is alost the same as a convo on the rF2 Facebook regarding the Panoz. A guy who cannot understand that there is such thing as an overdrive...and that it won't sustain top speed in that gear...to which he blames ISI and their terrible physics and car engineers...i meeeaaaaan, cmon :confused:

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Haha yeah, I had kind of a hard time getting him to read and understand the ISI Panoz' tech profile, which includes... Tada!
    Explanation of why the 5th gear is like it is. Wow! Humpty. I just had to give up in the end.

13. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I was reading that and I know that guy. He's a bit of an oddball who has a hate on for everything that isn't pCars. He's one of the 10,000+ euro backers of pCars. ;)

14. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

That makes sense. I guess I just like more oversteer :)

15. William David Marsh

William David Marsh Registered

Well, here's something I would love to see in the 1.0 of this car, however unlikely it would be:

-Option to add the supercharger, as in the 2000 spec models
    -Aftermarket exhausts, to change the growl
    -More wheels, and better tires (I don't think there are other spec tires we can use at the moment)
    -Other changes, so it feels like you're souping up the car

16. Bkim

Bkim Registered

I love this car. I handles very nice. The AI is a mess though. At Loch Drummond 29 AI go absolute bezerk.

17. Galaga

Galaga Banned

7 pages and not a single question how to pronounce 'Panoz'?

Well from what I gather elsewhere, it is PAY NOSE, although Wikipedia says it can be pronounced PAH NOSE also.

So it seems that PAY NOSE wins.

Tim, is that how those working with you pronounced it?

Funny that there are forum discussions where vehicle owners are asking how to pronounce their own car.

18. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

It's pronounced Pa Nose. Wikipedia is correct.

19. Disasstor

Disasstor Registered

Thanks ISI! Thank you so much! Panoz best mod for rfactor2.

20. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

It's funny, I always wanted a "performance road car" for RF2 but now I find without the ability to race it, it feels weird. I'd still love to see a track-day converted X-Bow or Lotus 2-11, this one is nice but too civil...