1999 Panoz AIV Roadster 0.95 available

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Bkim

Bkim Registered

Absolute chaos ;)

2. Bkim

Bkim Registered

Shift problem

Anyone else having shift problems? Using the TM T500RS + pedals + TH8RS H Pattern shifter and in game all aids off including clutch. The third gear is problematic. Often it wont shift...or is it me doing something wrong? As far as i can tell i release the clutch when i have selected the third gear.

3. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

It's a known issue. Reported multiple times at the beginning of this thread. ISI are informed.

4. Maug

Maug Registered

Can you provide a short replay showing the problem please? It's hard to help you without a minimum informations. Concerning the slipping clutch problem, it's a pebkac issue.

5. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Well I like that one better and since there are two no one can say I'm wrong anyway. And emphasis on first syllable to, i.e. PAH-nose ;)

6. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I also have T500RS wheel and pedals + TH8RS shifter and didn't see this car have a problem with 3trd gear before I read this thread. My clutch is defined linear and max for the clutch is redefined around 75%. I have more problem with G4/G6 regarding clutch and missing gears, but definitively not with this car. I guess the way I proceed is fine with it. I also guess I'm kind of standard when I use clutch, nothing weird here, exactly like I do with my everyday car...

This car is pretty fun to drive, really happy about it :) Saying that I saw some changes can be useful on setup (I read less pressure, change camber, etc.). Does somebody can provide some tricks for set this car, e.g. for a road track like NortmthshelleiRing or Transfagragradfafaggarata something (sorry Galaga ;) )?

7. Galaga

Galaga Banned

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I just hope we get the tire scrub and squeal sounds from the Skippy regional soon ;) Is there anyone out there skilled enough to do a quick mod to try that?

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

This is why we need fantasy cars so that ISI can do whatever they want, however theh want.

RFactor 1 was amazing with all it's fantasy cars, and tons of upgrades for tyres, front wings, rear wings, side skirts, flywheels, clutches, transmissions, weight reduction kits, suspensions, hoods, ECUs, exhausts, etc. etc.

Unfortunately fantasy cars don't sell. It's very sad that so many people "out there" won't care for a fantasy car but as soon as you get a few pixels together and create a real-life emblem and "paste" that on a car then the car becomes widely played and accepted. Pretty pathetic actually.

10. Galaga

Galaga Banned

QFT. Plus it has to be easy to drive so as to reinforce inflated sense of ability :rolleyes: Also I can't help but laugh at the anticipation people have for a car before it is released. How do you know you are going to like it? Well you do because it has the emblem LOL. Having said that I can admit that I anticipate ISI mods but only because every one they have released that is a type that I am interested in has been amazing. So I am guilty of being spoiled, but not of being blinded by emblems.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
  11. Senna12

Senna12 Registered

Hi,

This car came out looking really good...I'm pleased with the quality of the model and the physics.

Nice work:)

Sean

12. Auslander

Auslander Registered

TPS wrote
    I would try the Eve or Spark F2. The tires will not be as sticky since they are a much older technology. But I feel the handling is similar to the Cats

13. Michael Borda

Michael Borda Car Team

Tim can correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAIK the Panoz license is actually quite open to such things. Upgrades can be cool, but they also have their issues. Since when did anyone run online with a version that was not the fastest? It often ends up being that everyone just uses the fastest evolution of the car, then you may as well have just made that your only version. Of course there are people who appreciate the finer subtleties when upgrading their cars. Still, we 'may' do the 2000 super-charged version, if that's something people really want (380hp instead of 305hp). But I don't know if we'll ever do the new 25th anniversary Roadsters that Panoz started producing, 500+hp and 600+hp versions just seem a little excessive and that doesn't usually produce close, door-to-door circuit racing on street legal tyres.

14. Natureboy

Natureboy Registered

Please Panoz LMP-1

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Woop woop, I say. Bring it on. :cool:

Would this at all be possible with the current licence?
    One of the most beautiful and great sounding LMP's ever imo.

16. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

agreed, howstons also always only in the newest specs, altho the drive is so extremely differend and especially easier in the newer models

I ve heard about some people who only drive the oldest one, but those are just few

17. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Everything you say in your post makes sense but I am deeply disturbed by the notion of limiting choice because of the dumb things people will do with that choice. There are sim racers who appreciate the subtleties of all the models, crave the most challenging of the vehicles and, gasp, do not select the fastest car even when everyone else in the race does. There are also admins who DO use most of the available models during the course of a championship.

Not surpisingly, I am intensely interested in the higher power version of these cars BECAUSE of the excess. What an amazing challenge to wrestle a vehicle like that! Those who want guaranteed door to door racing can use the original. But trust me, there are many of us skilled, disciplined and matched well enough to have close racing with any vehicle.

And don't forget alternative race types like rally and hotlap competitions where there will be plenty of position changes as we learn the vehicles and combos and push each other to new personal bests.

18. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Yeah the '67 version of the G4 is always fastest on the historic circuits because of the extra 100HP it has over the '69 version. The '69 version is fastest everywhere else because of the improved brakes, aero and bigger tires.

Anyway, sorry for being completely off topic.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
  19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

- I have spent hundreds of hours playing RFactor 1 in season mode slowly buying all the upgrades, and all the different stages of each of those upgrades 1 by 1

- There are upgrade packages, for example GT1, GT2, GT3, GT4 and I'm pretty sure you could specify online which ones were allowed to race on a server

- Setting your own rules for your own server or league in combination with all the upgrades is amazing. You can make up your own costs of different parts and everyone can "buy" whatever they want according to how many points/dollars they have

- Just in general, exploring and driving all the different cars with so many different uograde parts, different "levels/stages" of parts for esch category, and the pre-configured packages (ex. GT1, GT2, GT3, GT4) is an AMAZING experience.

I remember times when I would install grippier tyres but leave the suspension soft and stock and you could feel the suspension being the limiting factor rather than tyres. Or when I upgraded to a 2nd or 3rd stage level weight reduction package, added stiffer suspension, but I left the tyres at the lowest performing ones. Tons of very interesting and fascinating options to explore and experience. Also, upgrading just 1 subtle part and seeing/feeling the tiny differences slowly and slowly add up as you upgrade more and more over time, is so awesome.

You learn a lot too. Experiemting on which cars and which tracks tyres make more of a difference than suspension, or brakes making more of a difference than power. The options are endless and really do make z difference, even the small 5 or 10 hp upgrades make a difference.

One of my favorite sim experiences of all time was experimenting with the huge amounts of upgrades for the RFactor 1 cars.

20. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Guys, especially the ones who have driving licence and some amout of driving already done in their RL, take Panoz, take it on Longford and drive around like you would in real life, i mean keep the safe relaxing speed.. dont drive on the limits, brake with your right foot and if you dont have clutch pedal, pretend that you do, simply like you would in real life in real car on normal country road. I had my FFB multiplier on 3 and the Panoz felt exactly the same like all of the cars i ve driven in real life (i ve done cca 50 000 miles so i know what driving feels like very well)
    It made a smile on my face also because pretty soon i achieved full immersion and realized how brillant road car the Panoz is, how much do they cost in RL? i want one!
    i love rF2

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014