[REL] 1967 Endurance (Proto/Sports/GT) - modded Howston G4

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by woochoo, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Vanisch

Vanisch Registered

Wonderful, fantastic Work! Thanks so much !

woochoo likes this.
  2. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Vanisch likes this.
  3. jimagn

jimagn Registered

As for the Lotus 47/ Europa. My wife and I almost bought one before we had a family, but realized how impractical it would be. Looking over at other cars' tires out the side windows was entertaining. Now I finally have a 2003 MR2 Spyder in Solar yellow. It's as close as I could get to that Europa. :D

woochoo likes this.
  4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Thats a car that I would pick-up for a second car as well if I could afford to buy it and then take care of it properly. I think MR2 is fantastic car. Also Miata of course, but I would give priority to MR2.

It is awesome how both of those are so similar to 60s Lotus cars. Miata is like Elan, and MR2 is like Europa.

A little update on a cars. I am in sort of R&D/Education phase, I am figuring out how to deal with different dimensions of wheels, different and very different from currently used ones. Eventually it also results in having to understand chassis.ini better and there is some tricky things. For tires it seems I will have to get advanced up to using ttool maybe - which is scary to me, especially while it is said everywhere that it takes multiple hours to generate the lookup table. Not really motivating to even try if there is at least some doubt about something, and there is of course. Technically I need a lookup table for different dimensions, eventually also need correct masses and inertia values.

woochoo likes this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I have to admit, I had not even tried to run a race with these cars yet, just hot-lapping. But once I did, I found at least a couple of items to look at.
    I accidentally pressed the wrong key for a screenshot and got the traction control menu. Those should be disabled shouldn't they?
    In the setups, I went full tanks, 3 stops. The first two stops were 159L maxed and 159L also full tank. The 3rd stop went up to 169L for an extra lap or two.(le Grand Circuit)
    My AI controlled co-driver actually came in properly for fuel and tires, without my having to assume control. You guys must have correctly configured the rcd files, thanks!

6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I just assume that you drive Chappel Auto XF. I jsut looked up into its physics, and there is indeed little typo for it's 3rd fuel stop setting. I corrected it, thanks for telling.

Not sure about TC, never payed any attention to it, must be same values as for Howston cars. Any chance that TC that you have activated is not physics related ? Personally I have unassigned all F row help buttons, because it happens way to often that they gets activated unintentionally, and the worst part is that then you might drive with those on for weeks not realizing it.

7. woochoo

woochoo Registered

I did take try to get fuel consumption at LGC working ok. Glad that you've had a good result!
    I think the TC would be the standard in-game feature. I haven't looked to see if i could set all the values to 0 or whatever, but it's a game accessibility feature rather than sim-related, so it should probably stay with default availability and functioning. You just have to press the right screenshot key :p

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Thanks. I'll double check all that next time I boot up.