[REL] 1967 Endurance (Proto/Sports/GT) - modded Howston G4

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by woochoo, Jan 5, 2015.

1. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Who would sign a petition for Woochoo to rename Chappel Auto xF to Chappel Auto rF2 ? :D

It is the car that is tributing to Chaparral 2F
    [​IMG]

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The Roadrunner was the logo of the Chaparral team,
    [​IMG]
    He could drop that in somehow...(Wiley Coyote Racing? ) :0! I always thought it was the 2d, I guess the F in the name should have been a tip-off eh?

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

You almost solely interested in that car and always though it was 2D ? I guess you mean something else.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

No, just saw white and wing and my old eyes stopped looking. I know the D was raced in Euroland while the C & E were mainly raced in the USofA. The only Chaparral that I can't wrap my brain around was the H. Snowmobile engines in the J, no problem, but that H....
    (and to this day, I miss-ssppell Chaparral 80% of the time.) ((oh, an not SOLELY focus on the White car, just mainly for this mod, I'd love some Mclarens and Lolas in the era before the Panzerwagon))

mantasisg likes this.
  5. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

[​IMG]

Chaparral 2D

jimagn likes this.
  6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

oh kay....

7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yaman.... :D

On the other front and to come back to more forum like thread flow, I am trying to compose something like manual/introduction pdf document for people to understand what the cars are about, and hopefully to be missed out and misunderstood much less than they would be otherwise, hopefully.

It is interesting process. It works as some additional testing, because when everything has to be placed in order in text it just furthermore reduces probability of mistakes and helps to keep cars better organised for myself as things has reached level where it becomes slightly complex lol And the result will be a reasonable guide to the cars.

For example, I found that car that we are tributing to Ferrari 275 GTB/C has fuel tank in absolutely wrong location. And as I also do short describtion of what the car handling/peformance is like I also get to look at it from new perspective. I just fixed some issues with car that resembles Austin Healey Lemans Sprite, it needed more differential preload and slight tweak to rear suspension. Cars that are supposed to be like Austin Healey and Mini Marcos were probably most difficult ones to do, I wouldn't say that they are complete, but they are certainly quite advanced and does drive well and I think I finally feel well about all cars from this collection, I hope you'll agree. Just trying to be real.

P.S. you must drive #44 (representing Lotus 47) at Nordschleife.

Bonus not really related kool film:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    Jamilton, jimagn, Superdevil and 4 others like this.
  8. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Yes, number 44 ANYWHERE is a great car.
    "Chappel Auto rF2" is an excellent idea.

9. woochoo

woochoo Registered

I don't think i'll be renaming it
    But here are pics showing slight sharpening of the body shape, slightly narrower tyres, and the little globes that were used to show the number discs at night (just in front of the rear wheels). I don't think we have the capacity to put actual emitting light sources on the car like that to actually shine on the number discs, but at the least we can make it look like they're turned on. I have only a few more cars left to add the small globes to, and then we'll be into the final testing phase before the next release, i think, i hope

2020-07-17_17h37_02.png

2020-07-17_17h38_49.png
    2020-07-17_17h40_39.png
    2020-07-17_17h42_00.png

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    atomed, Jamilton, Superdevil and 7 others like this.
  10. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Maybe you would like to do some handling beta testing ? And I mean honest testing, not ten minutes of missing braking points and overusing power at turns with one car, never making respectable effort adapting to it, overdriving the whole time, and not even trying anymore. If you would then:
    a) you could say the same again, but now you'd have something to base your opinion on, and I would appreciate an intelligent discussion,
    b) you'd change your opinion about cars not driving as kool as they looks.

Woochoo did huge work which I never expected he would. I am very satisfied by the cars look, and the consistency of whole mod. I also do try to do as best as I can, I have been working on the update for these cars since ~middle of the March, iiric, almost with no pauses.

If you don't like something specifically you could try expressing it in some useful and constructive way.

11. jimagn

jimagn Registered

This mod drives even more cool than it looks.

12. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Today I took the mod to a rather twistier and lumpier track than their normal area, and I tried not to crash.
    But I did, and made all sorts of other mistakes.
    Don't watch this if you're wanting to see good driving.

The main purpose is to show some action with the '67 Endurance mod, which might soon include some '66 Endurance cars as well, which can expand the potential size of high-powered prototype grids. The end of the video includes all the other cars driving past a static cam in Hatzenbach.

The driving isn't so good. It was quite tense. There are driving mistakes by me, like over-revs, going too fast, going too slow, going too wide, running into other cars, running into barriers. And mistakes by the AI.

The horn sound is because a loose connection in my steering wheel triggers the horn button when I unconsciously pull down on the wheel (usually in stressful situations). And my PC/fps suffer a bit with ~40 cars, so the video is a bit stuttery, sorry.

SPOILERS: ... .. .
    There are more mistakes after arriving at a traffic jam at Schwalbenschwanz.
    In the end I pulled into the pits at the end of the lap, frayed and exhausted.
    Then there is a track-side view of all the other cars (except the one that lost a wheel at the end of the first lap after it ran into me, after i crashed).

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    atomed, The Great Apt, Mauro and 3 others like this.
  13. The Great Apt

The Great Apt Registered

The horn makes the video, should be a mod.
    Looking good man.

jimagn, mantasisg and woochoo like this.
  14. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

The horn absolutely made the video :D

And the preview of these particular cars at the end :)

The Great Apt likes this.
  15. The Great Apt

The Great Apt Registered

Think I've asked this before, can't remember if it was answered; do you guys have a 'buy me a coffee' link somewhere?

I like supporting/contributing a little to (good) content creators; would definitely be happy to toss a coin :)

16. woochoo

woochoo Registered

the closest thing i have to a donation/coffee contribution is suggesting you could buy a copy of the game I've made in UE4.
    It's ~US$5 i think. You can find out about it here:
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/spiralagon-woochoos-game.61492/
    You might feel that's bit iffy or a bit on-the-nose, as it theoretically skews the stats on my sales, and also Valve/Steam gets 30%, or it might be more than you want to donate, so there is no obligation whatsoever. If it seems like the sort of game you might be interested in, or that you might like to gift to a friend that might like it then i suppose that's fine. But I'm perfectly satisfied that you're just saying that you like the cars/tracks :)

Mantasisg doesn't get a cut of my game sales, so i can't speak for him either way :p

atomed and mantasisg like this.
  17. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Spiralagon is very fun to me, but damn rFactor just takes all of me lol

Donations seems to be mostly a thing of a modellers, or the lead persons of the mods as far as I know, I haven't heard physics guys getting donations before :D Also you might not like the cars handling, who knows, maybe you will love it, maybe you will hate it, wait for update :D

I remember creating donation link for the first mod I have done, which was XJ13 for AC, but then for Nemuno Ziedas circuit and Goodwood circuit I have not included the donation button link anymore.

18. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Just happened to go for few screenshots, don't really feel like it is right for me to post them, because it is not my work, but not showing them feels bad too because I like how the cars are.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

If you haven't put me on your ignore list yet, the time is best now. I will be frequently making videos to illustrate that these cars are drivable, and actually not difficult... overdriving them quite a lot on purpose, additionally some sort of handling preview material from the mister "hope he knows what he is doing" himself.

Here is Prosch GT, default setup, quite compliant and soft. I am throwing the car around rather much not being careful at T1 braking which is difficult at Portland. Tires wear a bit too much in here. Could attempt stiffening the car by some amount to make it more racey, but I chose this kind of default setup, as I think it fits "privateer" spirit a bit more.

Starting relatively careful, and overdriving increasingly more toward the end, and spin out. Once because I did a mistake, second time on purpose. The setup here is default just with more downforce setting and slight shorter gears, everything else is default setup that is more suited for something like Le Mans.

20. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Lotus 47 is fun

Jamilton and woochoo like this.