Has RF2 reached a level of sophisitcation above 99 % of it's users?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lgel, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Backmarker

Backmarker Registered

Yes, sort of....

My big complaint is lack of any documentation of the game. I am not computer-savvy yet all the mods and plugins seem to act like I know how to code for supercomputers! haha

Fortunately, the posters here go above and beyond the call for help. Every time I have a problem with rFactor2 game there is always someone here who knows how to fix it!
    :)

2. coops

coops Banned

Yes have to agree that's the biggest problem for ppl coming from console to pc in most sim titles. If i did not join a league and get help i would never have know what and how to do most things. But 1 advantage to it is you pick up on things and become more computer literate in the end.

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

So very true.
    I was using Autocad for my proffesion since 2000, but I really understood about computers 5 years later, installing and uninstalling add-ons for FSX.
    Ok, Im pc iliterate still, but I came a long way since I started using it as a hobby.

4. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Yes, you can believe too in nuclear engineers that claimed that nuclear power was totally risk free because all aspects of security had been thoroughly solved.
    No one asks anyone to say whether TGM is wrong or right.

Was asking if someone was using it for car setups and with which results.

I know they are many ways to enjoy RF2, and that it should encompass drivers from all levels.
    Some enjoy driving RF2 as if it was Mario Kart or Demolition Derby and I have nothing against it.

I was just asking if someone was using it from a mechanical engineer point of view, or a race engineer, and what were his findings.

Cheers and have fun racing.