So....who has PCars?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Lol! I liked the soundtrack, it probably matches the disappointment of who was trying to manage the league. But it's fixed now as far as I know. No hopes for pCars be fixed somehow.

2. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Yeap but dumb driving is the best choice to prove your physics system.

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

4. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I invested heavily in some serious Sim Racing equipment in anticipation of pcars release.... Wii U are not cheap :rolleyes::p

5. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

+1 and a highlight for the kart statement, it shows precisely how silly the physics are.

For the people (like most of us) that are used to more complex sims as rF2: pCars fools you at beginning. I'm a SMS-Full Member since the very beginning of development and this bad sensation was becoming solid more and more as the new builds have been launched.

You make some laps and think "wow, this thing is nice", and then you start to push, push... and your lap times go improving forever in an unrealistic way as you use more track room and car grip. The transition between different surfaces are so forgiving (kerbs, put on wheel in the grass, cement, etc), the suspension reactions are so poor that after some time you cannot get excited anymore.

But I understand that initial enjoyment.

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

No mate

You are fooled thinking people like me are fooled.

7. yusupov

yusupov Registered

thats interesting, & i appreciate you meeting us halfway :D. what you say has been a key concern of mine since initially playing. i do enjoy it very much, & i do find it quite believable, but compared to any other current sim its definitely very forgiving, theres just no getting past that. i think the way theyve done grip is interesting, i think tweaked ffb is great, etc but i do have the concern it could be exploited by more skilled drivers or even by myself perhaps if i were to be more adventurous.

8. msportdan

msportdan Banned

I do agree with the subject of it being forgiving. Just did a m1 retro at spa, does a.bmw m1 grip like a dtm?!? Sure does in pcars. It's was hella fun, and the bump ai caused frustration but as a getaway from rf with a interesting career it ok.

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I like how M1 drives in pCars.

If I drive pCars and AC like track day better it feels, get on the ragged edge less believable it is. ;)

rF2, more you push brings out the best.

Detractors believe we don't know the difference which is plain arrogance and deserves the contempt it receives. lol ;)

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

:p

11. Ken Barlow

Ken Barlow Registered

well fwiw..ive played it for a fair few hours. both the final version and previous versions
    bug that existed in the gtr/gtr2 series /previous/old engines still exists :-I ..blow an engine.... it will be blown for the entire replay.
    ive not tinkered graphically yet... but seems to run fine with 7870 paired with 4690k and 8gigddr3
    i also have the pleasure of using a dfgt(g25 wheel died) with the g25 pedals and shifter.
    seems to me be more forgiving than say rf2 or iracing.but not arcade - maybe sort of project gotham / forza/ gran turismo.

although saying that my son(14) could be a second or lower off my time at brands in a lotus..until i use the clutch and shifter. in rfactor2 he struggles to complete a lap.

12. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Thats fine, isn`t it? Maybe...one day...he take 2 seconds off your time with rF2. Mission completed :D

13. Ken Barlow

Ken Barlow Registered

lol never!

14. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Ken's son: 'challenge accepted!'

:p

15. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yet pCARS is 4 years in. ;)

16. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

You hit the nail on the head. Nothing will ever compare to the real thing. Not in my life time anyways.

17. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

On a side note: There are some physicists out there who claim real life is just another sim or virtual reality.
    It is a real shame really, I was kinda looking forward to Project Cars. Shiny, shiny but no fun without physics. Too bad.

18. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

http://www.virtualr.net/project-cars-new-amd-driver-coming-tomorrow
    "AMD has announced to release a new version of their Catalyst graphics card driver that will address performance issues with Slightly Mad Studios’ Project CARS title."

I can see that you have logo to ISI under you name, this is no offense, just a question.

Do you think I can some day see this in ViritualIR.net : Nvidia has announced to release a new version of their GeForce card driver that will address performance issues with Image Space ’ rFactor2 title. ?

19. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I don't know, ask Nvidia not me. But what does this have to do with netcode/collision prediction?

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Simulation theories make quite a bit of sense (that's not to say they're necessarily correct).

The general scientific acceptance of Planck Length and Planck Time actually lend themselves very well to simulation-universe theories.

If every single thing of every single thing was known and understood, and we had the most insanely powerful hardware/software, then why wouldn't we, ourselves, be able to program absolutely ever single thing that determines how every single thing works into that computer and watch another "universe" unfold? Or make our own super, super complex and deep laws and then program them into that computer and watch our own created universe at work?

I'm not saying I 100% believe it (I don't "believe" anything other than straight-up, 100% proof), but it can make a lot of sense when really looked into. Then again, so can many theories. It's so fascinating.

Anyways back to simracing :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.