1966 Brabham-Repco BT20 v1.6 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

I think i didnt uninstall the previous version...lol

2. Addict

Addict Registered

It is a shame that there is no a real clutch yet

3. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Yeah good catch I wonder why not at least done like Howstons?

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I hope you aren't expecting any type of consistency from ISI.

5. TJones

TJones Registered

If I'm not wrong, they planned to develop proper clutch/gearshift simulation right after the release of new constraint system, about a year ago.
    Don't know why they decided other.

6. TJones

TJones Registered

:D

Something i like to add here: I really like the way, which developement goes in the last month.
    The new launcher/UI and especially the tyre-model improvements. I just hope they stick to it. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  7. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I been driving the last BT-20 version a lot since it was released, and I have to say that for me this car is very, very enjoyable. As an old GPLer I feel this car as how GPL wanted to be. You feel you will die all the time, even in the straights, but the car let you handle it into his limit without being a lottery at every corner. You can slide the car but you have to know that you can do that just for two corners before to overheat the tires and loose the car in the next corner. You need to work with the throttle while braking to avoid a spin, and you need to move the weight of the car to the front to get grip in middle of the corner. This is what GPL was all about, but with his limitations.

I'm a lover of the 1966-68 years, but currently with the available cars, is imposible to do a race with a variety of cars because their performance. It would be great to have a BT-24 version (basically the BT-20 with the newer engine version and 1967 tires) and a 1967 version of the EVE and Spark to have more competition. Then cars like the EVE Matra will appear, that it's a very good car.

There are hundred of GPL drivers out there that could to catch up. Great drivers and old friends, but they won't change if there isn't variety.

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I agree.

9. yusupov

yusupov Registered

second. especially since (afaik) ISI are sitting on some cars...[eagle, at very least]

10. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I can't find the 1.6 version in the mod manager to install it...?

Downloaded the RFCMP, put it in Data/Packages, but it's not visible.

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Then the download is perhaps incomplete. Mod manager doesn't show the mod in that case. Try downloading it again. :)

12. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Thanks, got it sorted... seems I had it, deinstalled it somehow wrongly? And it was still in the list, whereas I was sorting by "installed:no"

13. jjcook

jjcook Registered

i agree totally - i have been drooling for a full set of 60's f1 since the sim came out - i was sure there would be a mod by now with such great ground work done by isi, instead im waiting for isi to do more :) BT 20 car is fabulous and so is the eve/matra

14. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

There is a server hosting Spielberg_historic (aka Austria), it's great to find yourself driving as you have to do it in GPL.

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Hmmm, is it a proper conversion of Stock Car Extreme's track?

16. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

hmmm no idea, but may be. It looks like the old rf1 track from GP79 (with the chicane in T1).

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Interesting it'd be called Historic instead of just the track name like Jarama or other tracks that came out with the 1979 mod in 2007. If it looks like the rF1 release, bleh...

18. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Any experts out there willing to compare BT20 to Sparks? I'm still fiddling with my BT20 setup but there just seems to be something fundamentally different about these cars and Sparks. What is it? COG? Wheelbase? Steering mechanism? Suspension? Default setup? All of the above? None of the above? I've always been curious about this but am more so lately given that Sparks are aging and BT20 has better AIW/more drivers/teams, etc. so if I could get BT20 to feel more like the Sparks that would be great in the meantime until the Sparks get updated.

Many thanks in advance :)

Edit - Well, incredibly :p, when I copy my Spark F1 settings over to the BT20 it feels...well...more like the Spark :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2015
  19. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I think both cars can't be compared, because the Brabham was made with RF2 having new features mostly on tires, and that changes everything.

20. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

But only wet physics, right? Regardless I agree the two vehicles are different and the Spark is still my favorite by far.

I would still be interested in a comparison of the two vehicles if anyone is knowledgable on how they should drive differently and why.