[REL] rF2 Spotter Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, Oct 17, 2014.

1. MMartin

MMartin Registered

Wow Jef.... put out the pack and I'll test it in these days.
    After that I hope you have the patient also for NASCAR events!

2. Cheikhou Badji

Cheikhou Badji Registered

i have a probleme with the pluging since Version 1.8.6 rfactor crashed everythime i hit the race button

3. jefcam

jefcam Registered

99.9% you are putting the files in the wrong place.

1st start with the files from Gerald version 1.8.8 and see if it works.

2nd then put my sound pack v1.6b and replace those 2 files (default events and default rules) for additional events and driver name support (optional)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2015
  4. Carlo

Carlo Registered

@Jeffrey

There are errors in the file DefaultEvents.ini (v1.6 and 1.6b)

Event=Pole <-- extra closing brace "}"
    Event=FastestLap <-- extra closing brace
    Event=WonRace <-- extra closing brace
    Event=FastestLapPractise <-- missing closing brace
    Event=FastestLapTestday <-- missing closing brace

These errors cause the plugin to crash upon clicking the "Race" button. Also had to remove everything below "QUALIFY SESSION SPLIT IN 2 OR 3 PARTS" (didn't modify custompluginvariables.json).

For quick and dirty code editing, you might want to get the very popular "Notepad++" available here:

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

It's free (GPL License). A portable version can be found in the "Downloads" section of the site.

I love this plugin. Sound files are awesome. Thanks guys for all your hard work and most of all, thanks for sharing.

5. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Spotter Plugin Sound Pack v1.7 - By Jeffrey Camilleri www.virtualracingmalta.com

This is a new sound pack for this fantastic spotter addon by Gerald Jacobson (v1.8.8). All sounds have been re-recorded and includes new sound files for new events.
    Note: Designed for users who intend to use driver names.

DOWLOAD SOUND PACK HERE:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4pf21f22h6ntvf2/Sound%20Pack%20v1.7.rar?dl=0

Includes updated DefaultEvents.ini and DefaultRules.ini - Required for NEW EVENTS / UPDATED EVENTS to work

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I accept lists of Names and Surnames to create driver sounds to be compatible with sound pack to be used in your private league. Contact me by private message or email: jefcam@euroweb.net.mt

Previous Log File: DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.6 Log File:
    - Edited: Event MyPlaceChanged - Spotter will praise you when making an overtaking like for example "Well Done, Nice Move" etc..
    - New Event: SafetyCar - Spotter will inform you of full course yellow for example "Safety Car Deployed"
    - New Event: TimeLeftPractise - Spotter will inform you that 1hr, 30min, 20min, 10min, 5mins, 3 mins, 1 min are left and when Practise Session Over.
    - New Event: TimeLeftTestday - Spotter will inform you that 1hr, 30min, 20min, 10min, 5mins, 3 mins, 1 min are left and when Test Day Session Over.
    - New Event: TimeleftWarmup - Spotter will inform you when 5mins, 4mins, 3mins, 2mins 1mins are left for start of race.
    - New Event: FastestLapPractise - Spotter will inform you who is doing best lap during Parctise (5 different custom sounds for practise)
    - New Event: FastestLapTestDay - Spotter will inform you who is doing best lap during TestDay (5 different custom sounds for testday)
    - New Event: QualifyOne - Event for advanced users who use Q1, Q2 and Q3. Spotter will inform if in dropzone or not (check readme file)
    - New Event: QualifyTwo - Event for advanced users who use Q1, Q2 and Q3. Spotter will inform if in dropzone or not (check readme file)
    - New Event: Event=Q1 - Event for advanced users. Spotter will inform of time left and when Q1 has ended. (check readme file)
    - New Event: Event=Q2 - Event for advanced users. Spotter will inform of time left and when Q2 has ended. (check readme file)

- New Improved Sounds + other minor improvements.

Version 1.6b Log File:
    Fixed some missing brackets in 2 events.

Version 1.7 Log File:
    - Added time 1hr, 30mins, 20mins, 10mins, 5mins, 3mins, 1 minute and ended to all qualifying events (now that Gerald has made the fix!)
    - Added Event=FinishedPractise and Event=FinishedWarmup where spotters notifies that you have a DSQ in Practise or Warmup. (For race and qualify there is other event)
    - New Event=Penalty (5 random wav files for when you get a penalty)
    - New Event=PenaltyServed (5 random wav files for when you served you penalty in pits).
    - New Event=DamagePartDetached (5 random wav files for when you loose a part or wing from car - VULNERABILITY OPTION MUST BE OFF FOR EVENT TO WORK
    - New Event=DamageWheelDetached (5 random wav files for when you loose a wheel - INVULNERABILITY OPTION MUST BE OFF FOR EVENT TO WORK
    - New Event=DamageFlatTyre (5 random wav files for when you have a puncture - INVULNERABILITY OPTION MUST BE OFF FOR EVENT TO WORK
    - New Event=DamagePartDetached (5 random wav files for when you loose a part or wing from car - INVULNERABILITY OPTION MUST BE OFF FOR EVENT TO WORK
    - New Event=DamageOverheating (5 random wav files for when your engine starts smoking - INVULNERABILITY OPTION MUST BE OFF FOR EVENT TO WORK
    - New Event=DamageMinor (10 random wav files for when you hit wall or other car - INVULNERABILITY OPTION MUST BE ON- DISABLED BY DEFAULT

READ - README FILE ATTACHED WITH DOWNLOAD

Suggested Audio Settings:
    View attachment 18068

Regards
    Jeffrey

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Thanks Gerald and jefcam :)

7. Cheikhou Badji

Cheikhou Badji Registered

thx it's work fine now

8. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Thanks Carlo. I know that had some extra/missing brackets in version 1.6. Yesterday I was testing and had event Won Race repeating twice. Maybe again a missing/extra bracket. Some were fixed in version 1.7. Can you please check them again for me in version 1.7. I will do the same today.

Version 1.7 plays normally for me with no problems - no crash. But will make sure that opening and closing brackets are the same.

Will update on this later when I'm home.

9. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

+1 tested yesterday with the latest versions, and it's very good, you are not alone in your car !!

10. Ernie

Ernie Registered

@jefcam: What happens if the wav-file for the drivername isn't available? Do the spotter is saying "the driver at position x" instead?
    Yesterday i have had a league race and if a driver (without an existing drivername wav file) has made a fastest lap, the spotter says only "Has made the fastest lap".

But i still have the 1.5 version running, and maybe it has to do with the extra/missing brackets in event-file.

11. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Hi Ernie all my upgrades (now version 1.7) were meant to support driver names. Some of the events (not all) make use of the command [DriverName] so that actual drivers names are mentioned. That was the main scope of my upgrade/work.

You have nothing wrong and it has nothing to do with missing brackets. Your problem is that you do not have drivers wav files in place, so that is why you heard "has made the fastest lap" or "is in pole" without hearing the actual names.

Now if you do not have a long list send me a PM. Otherwise just record them yourself.

Jeffrey

12. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Hi Carlo just checked my latest version 1.7 it seems that all events mentioned above have the same number of opening and closing brackets

event pole 6 opening and 6 closing
    event fastestlap 6 opening 6 closing
    event wonrace 8 opening 8 closing
    event fastestlappractise 11 opening 11 closing
    event fastestlaptestday 11 opening 11 closing

Carlo v1.7 should work without deleting anything.

ps I've contacted Gerald and gave him some information on 2 new interesting plugins/inputs. Fingers Crossed!

DOWLOAD SOUND PACK HERE v1.7:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4pf21f22h6ntvf2/Sound%20Pack%20v1.7.rar?dl=0

13. Carlo

Carlo Registered

Yep, no longer have to delete anything in v1.7. Appending "DISABLED" to event names (rather than commenting out) has solved things. Also, no problems with braces in 1.7.

This keeps getting better and better. If I might ask, how did you make the audio sound as if it was coming through a radio? This is a really neat effect.

I'm having one minor weird issue. With stock cars and a rolling start (5 lap race), after the formation lap and the pace (safety) car starts to exit, the "TimeLeftTimedRace" event triggers with "time_race_over.wav". Everything is normal thereafter. Any thoughts as to why? Really odd.

Can't wait to see (hear) what you and Gerald cook up next! Again, thanks for sharing this.

14. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Thanks for info, Jeffrey. That all makes sense to me now. ;)

cheers

15. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Is stock cars the new car mod released by ISI? the problem is just with these cars or all others cars?
    I will dig into this problem.

Also is standing/lap normal race when I switch from qualify to race I hear 5 mins left (sometimes twice). The problem seems coming from the event Event=TimeLeftTestday

[I'm continuously testing and checking]

Can anybody tell me how to set TEST DAY Session. Once I did it and that is why i did specific events for this session(0). If test day is nonsense I remove scripts for this session.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2015
  16. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

Hi,
    The "race over" is triggered at the start of the formation lap. I need to look why.

17. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

So far I know a Test Day Session is if you only select Practice :confused:
    Would it possible to prevent Spotter Messages during a Full Yellow Course except Car left and right ?

18. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Yesterday I just disabled the Event=TimeLeftTestday, and the spotter saying "5 mins left" was not heard between qualify and race and again when race starts. I will check this again and again.

Do not think it is that possible to control what events work during 'Full Course'. I know what you mean. Some events might be funny sounding during full-course yellow. Also after race is finished, events like 'The driver infront of you Drivername is slower than you etc etc" is heard.

Somthing else I'am going to fix is is 'Event=PenaltyServed". I've done sounds like "Penalty Served, Let's get on with the race!" If the session is not a race this sounds funny. So I have to make a distinction between penalty served in race and penalty served in other sessions

Jef

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2015
  19. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

:) roger Jef. Keep up the good work.

20. geggeinto1

geggeinto1 Registered

Ciao nibo your idea is fantastic . Ask you only my problems . I click for export file i woudl like for example on pdf for print . Thank you for your great job

Inviato dal mio GT-N7000 utilizzando Tapatalk