rFactor 2 Build 860 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 19, 2014.

1. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

Are there any other download options.

The first always fails around half way, the Mirror looks like it's complete but fails to run.

This happened with the last but one update 770, I didn't bother with the other due to the hassle.
    I'm sick of it taking multiple attempts with my slow connection.

Never mind I finally got it re-installed but only the lite version would download, I tried the full version several times and it always failed.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
  2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

3D used to bother me too, just for 1 week though. Now I can play for hours and hours and no fatigue or pain. In fact now I don't even have to adjust my eyes to the 3D, the second I put my glasses on everything looks fine. I'm so used to it that I play at full, 100% depth for hours at a time.

Try just starting at a low 10 or 15% depth, and then slowly add 5 or 10% of depth every week. Nice and slowly. I almost gave up too, now it's so natural and amazing .

Just to let you know, if you press ctrl-T while in the game, it'll switch between 3D and 2D, Lightboost stays activated either way. The SLI scaling may still work that way even if you press ctrl-T for 2D. Try it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
  3. jonrarit

jonrarit Registered

"FEATURES: - - Dropped support for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 to make exploitation of state of the art Windows APIs possible."

Please no ... does this mean RF2 can no longer be run on XP?.......I run my server on my 2nd PC (XP) .....

JR

4. jonrarit

jonrarit Registered

answering my own post now .... bit of googling and yup Rfactor 2 and XP are no more .......

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Looks dark to me. Show the same screen shot with the headlights off for comparison.

6. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Wich hud is ?

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's a HDR screenshot. The post says so.

8. Eddy

Eddy Registered

My report after trying the suggestions Ari and Spinelli made.

Ccleaner didn't help, evenso with spybot.
    Uninstalled nvidia drivers as described by Spinelli, and did a fresh driver install.

Till now i only had 2 times `rFactor2 stopped working' but both of the times it was when leaving a party/race. No game stopper anymore :eek:

Thanks guys ;)

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I've had the odd "rf2 stopped working" as well, and like you, only when exiting a room. Never any game stoppers :)

10. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Same for me in v798 and sometimes during an online event. Oddly this issue fixed itself and rF2 ran better than ever. Very odd, but good.

11. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Is anyone else noticing that AI are regularly exceeding track limits? At first, I thought it was third party mod/track issue but now I am seeing with ISI combos with 60s GP cars at Mills and Malaysia.

I have auto line smooth = 7

Also, looks like auto line smooth defaults to zero now where before it defaulted to 1 I think so is this the case and why and was zero even a valid value before and either way what does value of zero mean and while on the subject I never fully understood how these values worked and I know there was a thread on it but I still never understood so if someone can explain for dummy like me I would appreciate and also would be great to know if something has changed and what and how to use...

12. McFlex

McFlex Registered

I think you missunderstood me. With the screenshot i meant to show strange colors appearing in the reflection in the windshield and on the air intake on the left side when HDR is turned on.

And i don't need headlight when HDR is off because it is very light at night :D

13. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

I am seeing this here and also at Neva Ring. Is known issue? Track issue or build issue?

14. Some1

Some1 Registered

I think it is the infamous "oily patch" bug, that has been around for ever... :D

15. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Track issue, I think.

16. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Update - Appears to be better with auto line smooth = 0. Surely I'm not the only one having this issue but whatever...

17. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Does anybody else have micro stutters with SLI, driver 344.11 and Buld 860.

This has was not a problem with previous build, is this new Nvidia driver or build issue?

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Single screen? Triples? Multiview? (I'm assuming 2D)...

19. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Triples locked at 120fps 2D, what I notice that GPU loads is like it was before both cards 90-100% now it is card number 1 = 70%, card number 2 = 50%, Inspector settings as before same with game details.
    Nvidia 3D Vision GPU loads are 98%

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
  20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

And the stutters occur while you're at 120 fps or just during >120 framerate periods?

I changed to build 860 at the same time I changed to the new Nvidia drivers, and i seemed to be getting more stutters while under 60/120 fps, but as long as i was on 60/120 fps, or extremely close, then everything was fine again...