rFactor 2 Build 798 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Any changes with the physics?

2. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

I really like the improvements on this sim most definitly. Performance now is awesome. 64 bit did it for me. I can now run alot of my settings on full now so is visually much better. Tx ISI. You guys rock ;)

3. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

Manual install went smooth. Really like the new build...it's like a new sim. Thanks ISI!

4. melg

melg Registered

Keliu K

I hope you don't ask for anymore help with attitude you have got. Guys on here are only trying to help you and because you so called found the problem to your problem there is no need to use offencive language of playground kids.
    Don't bother answering this post because I'm thick skinned and have got the tee shirt and also won't lower MYSELF to your 10 years of age standards.
    Have a nice day.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
  5. speed1

speed1 Banned

6. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I like to share, how a fresh install & and update user data from previous Build worked for me:

- Install rFactor2_LiteBuild_798 (Core & User Data into separate directory, leave previous build folder complete untouched)
    - First start Launcher and made Configure Sim
    I allways use the Windowed Mode, to avoid problems while tabbing etc., no VSYNC, because i noticed better performance without VSYNC
    - Start rfactor2 (SP or MP) and close (it`s just to create the user data folder & files)

2. (optional to keep previous settings and Components)
    - After closing rfactor2 i copied this files from my old B660 Installation to my new B798 Installation:

1. player.plr (\UserData\player)
    2. multiplayer.ini (\UserData\player)
    3. Folder Settings (\UserData\player\Settings) (car setups)
    4. my Wheel ini (\UserData\Controller)
    5. my Packages Folder (from B660 to B798) In my installation i`m using a directory link, but for people wich are not familar with directory links, maybe it`s easier to copy the entire folder

- Then i started the Launcher again, go to Mod Manager, make sure, you clicked on "Use Default Paths" and installed my Components and Mod`s.

4. Optional, if using Point 2
    - New Start of rfactor2, SP or MP, Settings/Controls, load my Wheel ini and saved it again with the same file name, but without the ini extension.

This is the way wich it was working for me, without any problems, crashes etc. Hope, it works for you too.

7. melg

melg Registered

I'm a bit confused. You say you put .plr back into their respective folders but I thought the idea of a fresh install was to loose orphan files like .plr because they now use .json files.

8. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I put the old files into the new installation to keep my e.g. personal settings. rFactor2 convert the e.g. player.plr, after the restart, to the new json format.

However, the Headline is: fresh install & and update user data from previous Build ;-)

9. melg

melg Registered

So once you have fired up rfc2 and closed it down it is safe to delete the .plr files because the settings have been transfered to .json files. Is this the correct assumption.

10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

During my installation, rfactor2 did a backup of the plr (player.plr.bak) wich i deleted afterwards.

11. samuelw

samuelw Registered

Well I'm not an expert but driving seems more seamless. Also my old setups don't seem quite right with 798 and need to be tweaked.
    SW

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

the tire model has changed?

there's no note in the release notes concerning this

13. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Setup sharing on our server doesn't seem to be working.
    Anyone else have this problem or is it a server setting that needs to be changed?

14. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

If I`m not wrong, it changed since B660?

//Edit: found this in the player.plr from B660:

15. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

ISI used NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) for the rF2 installer. With the major restructuring of folders for 64bit it would have been a nightmare to handle all the scenarios within a NSIS installer. So they did it with the syncmanager (autoupdater). So either you do an autoupdate or you do a scratch install. I don't see how this is enough to drive you to another platform but go for it.

Really though you don't have to do a scratch install. It's really only the core that has the major restructuring. You don't need to totally throw out your current datapath and reinstall stuff.

16. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Same here.....2 to 3 seconds slower at Sebring in the Vette's URD...needed to tweak my 2:00 race setup, but was never able to go faster than 2:02...and tyres wore out much quicker...

We're still having skin transfer issues with this build...if ON, many CTDs, while with it OFF the server is more stable...

17. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

The 64Bit TrackIR plugin still doesnt work

18. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Last night, after hours of re-installs an research, I managed to get on track. When v798 was running it was incredible. As I had noticed in v789 the FFB (or the physics, tire model?) seems improved. Possible the 64bit version communicates better with my wheel? All I know is that it is INCREDIBLE. I will also add when running in 64bit everything looks and behaves seamlessly. There were a few instances of split second hesitation, this may be the track mod.

I must disclose this week I cloned and exchanged my main Boot drive, tweaked my Bios settings. Having done this could explain some but not all of the recurrent issues I've described.

-During an online session v798 crashed 3 times to the desktop. During the same session I got disconnected 4 times, the cause of this could be anything from the ISP or indeed rF2.
    -As I get to the rFactor 2 main menu (not the Launcher), rF2 minimizes to the desktop. Update: this issue seems to go away after a PC restart. Update 2: The issue is back lol. <---Unresolved
    -When I click on the Update tab it says up to date as expected, then in Verification everything gives me a "verification failed". I'm not sure if this is a big issue, but it has never happened.??? <---Unresolved. Important?
    -The 64bit plugins are again freezing (rF2 not responding) when they try to load. This issue had somehow gone away yesterday. <---After downloading the latest DashMeter 32/64bit plugin all the "freeze" issues are GONE. This puzzles me because I am sure I tested it and the SimXperience separately and individually.
    -I have had one rF2 freeze navigating the options tabs. <---This issue has not reoccurred.
    -My custom skin loads fine when on track and viewing a replay while still in the event. Once I exit and review the replay, the skin has reverted to the MOD's default. <---This issue has been confirmed, now the skin will not show even in the garage. I will create and test a custom skin for one of the ISI cars to eliminate specific MOD issues.

19. Rik

Rik Registered

also here.
    is there any solution?

20. Descoat

Descoat Registered

Me too.