Formula Renault 3.5 2014-spec Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 21, 2014.

1. msportdan

msportdan Banned

can we just go back to editing a text file lol

im not sure this rfcmp stuff is very accesible, just for someone who like me, likes to change names and skins...
    I know theres virtual driver, but i share stuff with my brother which i create..

2. crz

crz Registered

I think there is still a misunderstanding. Rear flap open on this car means downforce, rear flap closed means stalled wing and therefore much less downforce.

3. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

It feels awesome! Didn't spin once lol. Tim, is there a way to make my wheel feel a bit "heaver" in rF2?

Cheers

EDIT: nevermind as I found the setting in the controller.ini :)

Steering resistance coefficient="0.20000" // Coefficient to use for steering resistance. Range: -1.0 to 1.0

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2014
  4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Yes yes! I was attacked by ninja's just now and in the midst of the fight it just hit me, I was going in from the wrong angle lol. I assumed open is less dowforce but its the other way around.

Man i'm so easily confused its not funny anymore, gets worse with age as well :-(

Still would like to know if suspension repairs/fuel adjust are by design or not. it prolly wont be adjusted but just so I know :)

5. willpinataman

willpinataman Registered

You guys have outdone yourselves. This car is incredible to drive. Say thanks to all the team for me Tim.
    Even more excited for the DW 12 as well now.

6. RGrueira

RGrueira Registered

im sorprised .. there is no server with the mod.. we setup a server with mcnolo bahrain 1.0 server name ! Simracing.es#1

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

8. 88mphTim

I'm not here to debate it. :) They're doing it how they're doing it, and with the reasons they have. I don't see the added complexity of a series of 5+ files by your suggestion, all being independently updated to save downloading, to do anything to ease complexity in any other area than making downloads smaller.

9. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

The end user doesn't even need to know about the individual components. Just install the MultiCmp like we always have and let the vmod creation tool figure out what to include. The end user should only see these types:
    MultiCmp (to merge Veh, Sound and Talent. Hell, call it a "Car" in the ModMgr)

Then as an admin you can getmod enable the individual components within the MultiCmp and then build a vmod by selecting a MultiCmp from the list along with one track. This is EXACTLY how my new (not released yet) GetModMgr tool works.

Oh well... it is what it is I guess. It is easier to bandaid then to make a real fix.

10. 88mphTim

It's nothing to do with what you're talking about. We're making a change, to allow something, and you're telling us how to alter something else. There's no reason for me to comment further on this, sorry. :)

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Ah, got it. That's unfortunate since we don't seem to be getting 64-bit in the short or mid-term :(.

12. benmttf

benmttf Registered

For me, if you wear a helmet your head and if your helmet is subject to turbulences you have wind noise. Every Day i drive my motorbike and need to put protection your my hears because of the wind noise.
    Is there someone who have ever drive a formula car who can answer to this?

13. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I think you totally miss the point.. And I am sure you will tell me I miss the point but trust me I don't. You guys are merging the sounds with the veh cmp so that vmod creation can be easily automated. But with a little more work the same thing could happen without merging cmps into massive downloads and making updates way bigger than they need to.

I think it is safe to say that the packaging system is never going to be improved. Sad.

14. 88mphTim

:)

15. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

I remember Rosberg saying with new Formula 1 engines you can hear lot of wind noise. :)

16. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Believe me, I understand just fine.

Asuming that pay2021 is right, this is a BOMB under the entire packaging system - this would mean that ALL files from ALL loaded cars are just poured into a single virtual folder from which the graphics engine will search with no regard to which .rfcmp, .mas or CAR it originates. A friend of mine recently had the motec of an URD C6.R show a texture which looked like it came from another car (BES), which strengthens my concern. IF this is so, the entire packaging system have made a giant leap backwards at some point... it COULD be a single hickup - but again, what pay2021 might see as a "feature" I see as a major bug.

17. speed1

speed1 Banned

This might be the so-called coming signifante change,.....64bit ? :rolleyes:

18. 88mphTim

No.

19. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

No to what? He isn't referring to the merged sound/veh component issue... this is an entirely different problem he is referring to. So no to what? No the textures don't overwrite each other causing incorrect textures to get picked up? This should be easy to prove. I will work on it. Personally this should be considered a bug if it is true.

20. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Are there any intentions to remove the sound component type completely? I sure hope not. As a league admin it would be nice to be able to continue with the modular approach so your users don't have to download the same unchanged sounds over and over and over again every time a new team joins the league or you change a skin.

If ISI wants to release their cars this way then fine. I just hope leagues aren't forced into this new concept.