Released Honda Civic NGTC BTCC Car v1.07 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 31, 2013.

1. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Mid-Ohio, first right-hander hairpin at the start, about 50% of the time.

2. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

I think it is too much lateral grip force on tires.
    I think at this stage of development, real road is close to be "finished feature" than tires (which could be causing easy rolls over on vehicles)

3. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Yes at Blackwater Lake steep slope combined with lefthander but it's extreme place because makes vehicle so light. :)

4. Nils

Nils Registered

very easy to roll over at Mid Ohio in turns 2 and 4 with somewhat medium rubber.

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yea, yesterday I was first at Sebring during an online race with a big lead, but my race finished when the car rolled over and I wasn't even pushing!:mad: I didn't even touch the curbs!

6. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

I was racing with 3 friends at Austin on Friday night with the Civic and all of us experienced the same issue: rolling without hitting curbs or bumps once the track was rubbered in. 3 of us managed to find setups that were safe enough with a well rubbered track to run the race, but none of us could use the soft tires, at all. We ran them at Croft the week before and although I caught it in more than a few corners on two wheels, all those incidents came from clipping curbs. That said, not once did I believe the car should have reacted that extremely. Certainly something needs a tweak or two. I'm not convinced it's all in the tire physics.

7. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Hope to see a reaction by ISI on this

8. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Is that the COTA with the close draw distance?

9. Tosch

Tosch Registered

This post is worthless without pictures!!! ;)

10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

+1 :)

related to the thread: This car is fun to drive now that I understand it more, but my god it's easy to tip over. Can't be this sensitive to curbs so please change it in the next update. I'm sure that everyone agree with me :p

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I've driven hundreds of laps mainly at Silverstone, lime rock and Palm beach, not once have I tipped it over.
    Not saying there isn't anything wrong of course! I have flipped the Clio but only when attacking curbs.

12. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

It´s normal when you are pushing and the car hit some high curb, it lift over, but i´m stick with the idea that the out side of the tire is generating too much grip when midle and inner side looses contact with pavement.

13. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

I flipped it only twice I believe. When I hit high curb quite hard with nice amount of steering input towards wrong side. ;)

However what I like about this car most is how the tyres work. They seem to be different compared to anything that I've experienced in rf2 so far. The way they work under load, how the heat distributes itself. It's quite fascinating. ;) It's almost like some kind of experiment from ISI that worked wonderfully in my eyes. I love how great influance you have with them by changing sth within setup or driving style. That's what keeps me coming back all the time to this car (apart from great driveability and sheer fun of driving it).

14. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Honestly I never flipped the Civic until now, even attacking curbs a bit (but avoiding highests). Not saying a problem is impossible...but probably someone is overdoing on cornering.

For sure the 2 wheel corner exit is not too unusual with this little car...:)

View attachment 11442

15. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Yup. Used same pictures to convince my mates who thought it is nearly impossible to flip a car just by driving over curbs. ;)

16. Auslander

Auslander Registered

I didn't notice any problems, cept when attacking curbs, when we tried it at Croft. But at COTA, it goes Reliant Robin without ever touching the paint. With softs you would lose time over mediums since you had to drive a lot slower around the corners in order to keep it shiny side up.

17. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

I think i choose wrong expression - lift over - which i thought it means exactly what is happening in picture you have posted which i found normal behaviour.
    What i think unnatural is when the car flips (barrel roll) or able to recover from flipping at extremely high angles which i think is caused by excessive grip on outter side of the tires.

Hope is better explained now. :)

18. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

Regardless of whether this car will launch itself up on 2 wheels when banging over curbs, some of us have experienced the car going over in the middle of a turn WITHOUT hitting a curb or a bump and, I can attest, with an essentially default setup. That's just wrong.

19. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

But funny.

20. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

I rolled over too without hitting a curb. Turn 2 croft.