Released Honda Civic NGTC BTCC Car v1.07 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Maug

Maug Registered

Don't forget to play with the gas pedal. Tracting the car forward will help it getting back on its 4 wheels.

2. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Open your left door. And hire someone to do the same left hand corners to do the same hwen needed.
    :)

Learn from the guy of Top Gear. :)

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Probably a more natural reaction to turn right as essentially that's the direction the car's still kinda going in, here's how I'd describe it:
    The outer edge of the left front will dig in and flip the car if turned right, when turning left it shifts weight through the front of the car in an anti-clockwise direction from the rear end, this allows more surface contact (front left tire) with the road allowing the car to come back down safely.

As before though it is a fine art when you're right up on two wheels, most of the time you could continue turning right as the weight shift to the centre of gravity wont be enough to flip the car totally, or even the tiniest left turn will be enough....it really is a balancing act :)

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Now that I tried to replicate those two wheel moments it was really hard :D Manage to try it in Malaysia turn 2. Managed to save the car from rolling over but it was small comfort when the car went terribly wide after turning to right (left tyres in the air)... maybe still better option than rolling.

5. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

the roll-overs yes, thanks:) I always find it reassuring to see some of your comments; just so we know that it will be looked at in case of a possible issue.

6. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I find it easy to stop the roll, but then you do go off track sometimes. I don't hate the whole thing, I'm just wondering if it's accurate. :p

7. speed1

speed1 Banned

While starting to lift - full throttle impulse - countersteering - steering back in to the corner and everything is fine with these sort of cars. Results just in loosing the line.

8. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

If you're about to roll, speed should not be your concern.

Basically you should react to it the same way you would react to oversteer.
    In RWD you will want to lift the throttle, because accelerating with outer wheel will only make things worse. In FWD you can use front wheels to pull the car in desired direction, so you can countersteer and floor it :)

It's like with spinning - in reality you feel the car constantly and are likely to react sooner. In simulation you may be more late with your reaction and therefore much stronger reaction will be needed from you.
    This is why side effects of such reaction will also be more severe than in reality.

Sometimes it's all about predicting a slide or roll over, before it's initiated. When you're heading towards curb, or going in too hot into corner, you can predict that car will possibly roll or spin. This way, you reaction time will be much shorter.

Usually, when I predict a slide, I can correct it as it happens, with much less effort and without running wide.

9. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Anybody recording the speed at which these car are flipping?
    It's an important aspect in determining if the roll-over is accurate (provided no curb-hopping or weight shift involved).
    I had one go over at 35mph at Silverstone the other day and one at slightly lower speed at Loch.
    No contact with curb and very low corner speed.
    Personally, I think they're rolling just a tiny bit too often at low speed.
    Aussie V8s and the BTCC cars are pretty stiff-sprung and do lift wheels on occasion...especially coming off curbed crest and steep downhill sections, but it's usually at high to moderate speed.
    I've learned to manage it in RF2 by looking at the elevation and off-camber rate on upcoming turns and slowing accordingly.
    Hopefully the guys will review this in future builds.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014
  10. Galaga

Galaga Banned

You guys are nuts. Who cares what's real? Rollover is cool, especially when it's that guy in front of me that I couldn't find a way around. Only problem I can see is if AI can't handle the cars. Other than that, it's just another cool driving challenge with the car. Sweet.

Yeah I know. It has to be realistic blah, blah, blah. Seriously, though, I agree it should be realistic but if it is then I love it.......and......even if it's not :p

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

They maybe stiffly sprung but you cant really compare V8s to BTCC in terms of flipping, one is much bigger and weighs much more, the other is lighter and a much shorter wheelbase which affects flipping, not to mention the CoG is different in both.

I'm struggling to flip the Civic on any ISI based track, the only times I've now managed it are when I attack the curbs too much so that's to be expected. Again I'm not saying there is nothing wrong at all, I just think driving style comes into play a lot with this "issue" and maybe the track friction on non-ISI based tracks as has been mentioned already.

It again boils to down the fact that we have no Fear in driving sims and no real exact feel of what the car is doing, so none of us know whether it is right or wrong :)

12. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

It's not a comparison between the two series.
    I'm simply pointed out the fact that both cars are known for lifting wheels in certain conditions...though not at such low speeds without curb-hopping, car to car contact or off-camber sweepers.

To be fair, I love RF2.
    Though some elements can be frustrating, overall it's great.
    I absolutely love the concept of developing and improving over years.
    I think the guys at ISI are doing a difficult job...one that's further compounded by the 'new' marketing behind RF2.
    You don't have to be a genius to figure out the differences behind the rapid development of RF1 vs RF2.
    With RF1, ISI charged a flat rate, stepped back and let the modding community take charge with mods. That moved it ahead quickly.
    With RF2, ISI said they have a plan of releasing updates throughout the development. I don't think they're too keen to have modders release those same mods ahead of their own.
    They'd probably deny that, but you'd have to be silly to think otherwise.
    There's nothing wrong with doing that.
    It's good marketing for long-term monetary gain...and it's their product.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014
  13. speed1

speed1 Banned

It's due to extrem lateral acceleration ( Fy ), high COG, short wheel base, relative light weight cars, but the very high front axle drive torque allows to brake it by fast countersteer and full throttle modulation. The front wheels and the more the loaded outer one pulls the car back down while accelerating out of the corner direction while the loaded rear wheel is free rolling longitidunal. Once the car comes down again the steering in to the corner can start. Of course not in slowmo reaction or inputs.

Not saying everything is fine, just how to handle it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2014
  14. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

15. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

If you're having trouble flipping it, it's because you are driving it properly. Being on the throttle will a lot of the time keep the car down. People who lift or are even off the throttle in a FWD during a time when they're on or going onto two wheels are the guys who are more likely to flip all the way over.

16. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I have not flipped it yet... But I often see opponents doing it online. They are almost on the roof, and then they correct it and they are back on 4 wheels and continue to drive like nothing happened and it looks really strange. But I think this has something to do with the new prediction algorithm and it only looks like they are going to roll over - on my screen, but probably they are not even close to do so.

17. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

You're not the boss of me.
    View attachment 11463

18. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

19. pas74

pas74 Registered

i already flipped at croft the last curve before the grid start (it happens also with the clio with A.I.) and at the chicane at the malaysia ...i mean it's funny to jump out of the curb and let the cars driving on 2 wheels..but flip so often make me a little bit frustrated..

20. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

So i actually did some proper testing and there actually is very genuine, clean, nice and correct torque steer in Civic, that is fabulous, it is fearly weak, weaker than in road cars, but i give that fact to usage of differend component in drive system of the cars than you would use in road car, less twisty shafts etc. So i am really blown away by the rF2 physics that torque steer happens all automatically and does not have to be specially implemented, i have had no clue at all that rF2s car part physics are so extremelly worked thru that even twists in solid metal parts are calculated. Bravo!