[REL] Honda Civic NGTC BTCC Car v1.07 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Isn't there a video of one just a couple of posts above?

One issue I have noticed but have not read about on here is the unusual tension in the steering the farther you go off-centre. It's likely the suspension design and set-up, but it requires a lot of muscle (relatively) on the steering wheel in this car to get it to turn sharply, especially at low speeds (coming out of pit garage for example). Is that a characteristic of the real car?

2. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Did you not notice the curb that launched that car onto two wheels? Or are you referencing the rally car with a higher CG flipping while going up hill? Far cry from purpose built race cars cars flipping on corner entry on relatively flat surfaces. If this behavior was correct, you would see a load of cars lifting not only the inside rear as they frequently do, but also the inside front with ease, without talking about bumps or elevation changes.

Just imagine this Civic at Knockhill.

No survivors.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Gee, sorry if we haven't actually thought about it before. Glad you came here to enlighten us.

You come in and say it's obviously unrealistic, people point out reasons why it's at least possible, and we're the narrow minded ones? How do you work that out?

4. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

I haven't tried it myself but GTClub_wajdi said the Civic doesn't flip in the latest build

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yea, I made the same test with the Civic @ Silverstone. I can confirm that it doesn't flip easily as before!
    i tried the same turn with the same speed 4-5 times and it was ok..

6. jkn87

jkn87 Registered

I still havent been able to run the civic. I tried playing in silverstone and nordschleife 0.97n and my computer freezes while loading or game crashes. I tried with previous build and the new one as well and i also tried doing fresh install. I am loading always 25 ia drivers, may it be a concern with the civic? I can play with anyother mod no problem

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yes, too much memory required probably. Try 20 or even 15.

8. speed1

speed1 Banned

I suspect on the basis of the simulation and picture what I've seen as the twist is simulated and as I could see only the longitudinal axis twisted by divided into segments, how many are possible I do not know but as long as no diagonal distortion of the individual segments is given it will not react naturally but I can not tell you whether it is related to it or if I'm right.

What I can tell you with safety is, only a longitudinal distortion by misalignment/offset among the segments is not sufficient enough. The individual segments must be allow diagonal distortion as well. Otherwise the segments are only single rigid boxes the twist against each other.

The best way would be a soft body physics which enables a solid diagonal connection without segments the uniformly distortion/flex over the entire length allowed.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2014
  9. hexagramme

hexagramme Member

No matter what caused the rolling RUF's in iRacing it was absolutely ridiculous and laughable. And the thing cost 11,95 bucks for crying out loud.
    The Civic... Well it didn't cost 11,95, let's just put it that way. :cool:

10. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I think this is now my favourite ISI car. Just outright fun.

Then again I'm a fan of FF cars anyway. They are challenging and rewarding in their own way.

11. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

FF cars can be fast, challenging

and funny