United Sim Racers - Season 1 - sign up thread

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by TIG_green, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

edit: i read the topic

Like one said in previous page: g4 shorten tracks, g6 long tracks (something like this)

2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Edwin G, could you give me your forum name so I could contact you :)

3. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Looking good all these signups! Tig is doing a great job:cool:

Personally I don't mind which cars to drive, but ye very good idea to put G4 and G6 on specific tracks, so we still all drive the same car (but different model choice).

4. Eddy

Eddy Registered

My forum name :)

Hi Tig aka Matt, so here i am Eddy.:cool:

5. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Totally agree. Lienz is a fictional rally stage that I've never liked, and Loch Drummond doesn't really fit these cars tbh. But that's just my opinion.
    Longford will eventually get fixed soon. I read that woochoo is working on an update http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/11074-Longford-1967?p=220349&viewfull=1#post220349

But now we have Le Mans as an option too :) Anyone agree we should try to include Le Mans?

6. Galaga

Galaga Banned

It would be a crime not to.

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Welcome Eddy :) and all the other recently singed up racers :)

Lets do a server stress test next week. Either Monday, Tuesday or Thursday evening. Which one would be the best for you guys?

Lets say it would be 18 GMT. The plan is to get as many as possible drivers to the server at the same time. I will also ask for help by leaving a thread to the main forum.

It's clear that many want to change some tracks. But how do we decide which tracks so that most can have a vote? Everyone doesn't read this thread actively. Do you guys have Teamspeak?

Le Mans track is definetely worth considering. Did just one lap, looked good and performed good also.

-Matt

8. Eddy

Eddy Registered

18 GMT, hmmmm i'm not going to make that i'm afraid. 22 GMT fits me better but maybe i'm the only one so there is no problem to do a stress test at the time you supposed.

- Edwin

9. Galaga

Galaga Banned

TIG, how 'bout stressing the server tomorrow at the regular time? I've canceled my race. Let's stress test it with Le Mans. ;)

10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

What kind of a session did you plan to have tommorrow?

I could ask nascar2112 to set things up accordingly in our server. Was going to race with you anyway tommorrow.

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Only 1 seat free, goes to the next one who sign up!

I may give few more seats if the server stress test allows it but at the moment we want to play it safe.

12. Galaga

Galaga Banned

20 laps at Auckland X 2. 30 minutes practice. 10 min qualify. 7 minute warm-up. Damage 50%. Only aid is auto clutch.

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Actually, I thought that you would have Auckland in your server and we would set up Le Mans for USR server (to do a stress test). Is this ok?

And Galaga, you seem to have experience of setting reverse grid for a server so you could contact nascar2112 about that. He might already know how it works but some help wouldn't be bad :)

We have 20 sign ups now! Lets see how the stress test goes... I might give few more seats if possible :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2013
  14. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Regarding cars... To please all, I think we should drive both G4 and G6. I prefer the closed car, G4, but I know some guys like the G6 better.

G4 and G6 both has different models too, and they all have their charm. Super-fast G6 1969 and G4 1967 are fun at the high speed tracks like Brianza and Spa, for example. While the less powerful but more grippy 1969 G4 suits the slower tracks. However, there are cars that won't have any advantage at any track, like the early 1965 Mk.1 G6 model, and therefor won't be used. But that would be a shame because it's extremely fun around the slower tracks. Therefor I think we should force the use of certain models at some tracks.

Just an example:

Sebring: G4 1969 Mk.III/B wide rear tires (great grip, should work best at this track with many corners)
    Mid-Ohio: G6 1965 Mk.I (less powerful but extremely fun,)
    Spa 1966: G4 1967 Mk.III/G6 1969 Mk.IIIB (super fast track should suit these super fast cars)
    Silverstone: G4 1969 Mk.III/B wide rear tires
    Brianza: G4 1967 Mk.III/G6 1969 Mk.IIIB (super fast track should suit these super fast cars)
    Longford: G4 1967 Mk.III/G6 1969 Mk.IIIB
    Nordschleife: G4 1969 Mk.III/B wide rear tires

...and so on.

What do you think?

15. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

First we have to decide the final tracks. But we'll definently drive both g4 and g6. Not sure I want to force any models, but on some track(s) it might be possible (but mainly free model choice).

Tonight's plan is to drive Howstons at Le Mans. Hopefully we can also do a stress test (if not then next week). This is a good chance to have a word with me (and hopefully with others too) and test this combination. I will be online 18:00 GMT/UTC-->
    Sorry for the short notice.

Also, we have a shoutbox in our website now. You can leave your comments there too :)

-Matt

16. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I'll be there :)

17. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Sorry for confusion. I canceled my race the moment Le Mans was released and I am not running anything on my server ATM. See you at Le Mans!

Edit - and yes I will nascar2112

Edit - nascar2112 contacted. Let me know if you want to do any pre-testing.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2013
  18. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I`ll try to drive with you today. Downloading LeMans.

19. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

I'll be there too.

20. Christian Hamilton

Christian Hamilton Registered

Just my opinion but I think it would make it interesting after the tracks are finalized to have each driver pick a specific model and have to stick with it through the season. Maybe I pick the G4 1969 Mk.III/B and have an advantage at some tracks but a disadvantage to those who choose the Gr6 at other tracks. Should make things interesting and have strategy come into play more than everyone driving the same car at various tracks. All drivers in the same car at each track means the fastest guys are always gonna be upfront. Allow everyone different choices and have to stick with it for the season means the fast guys have to choose power or handling and may or may not be dominant at a track their car is not perfectly suited for. Like I said just my opinion.:)