[REL] [Open Beta v0.9] International Formula Series 3

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

OK...I guess then generic info just as you have provided is good. The simplest question is whether you simulated anything differently in one tire vs. another (one is slightly higher grip but lower life or some such) or if they are just the same with different external labels. Lots of mods are graphics-based, so variations have no effect on the handling or capabilities of the cars. We just need to know if yours has actual different engines and tires, etc., even if the differences are minimal.

This will also avoid the forum screaming about how much better or worse component A is vs. B when in fact they are identical ;)

PS, the transmission and diff details would also be handy...including what type of hand or paddle shifter the real cars use.

2. Derek Nye

Derek Nye Registered

As to the tires, yes there are different grip levels between the two, as well as slightly different sizes. Off the top of my head as I don't have the documents open right now, for instance tire A is 185 wide while tire B is 190, then there are different grip levels as well as wear. The difference between them aren't as massive as say, the tire war between michelin and bridgestone in F1 but there is a difference in performance.

The engines have different curves in that they have different HP, different torque, one might have max torque at 4k rpm while the other has it sooner or later. the actual cars use paddle mounted clutches, but the shifter is a sequential stick shift.

3. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I really like this idea.

4. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Just stumbled onto this thread after getting home from work.
    Haven't driven yet, but, I can say---Sneaky!
    All this time, bravely accepting people complaining about lack of mod output, some complaining about being strung along.
    You were always polite and not fighting back. Now this, your second release in a few weeks, Yee Haw!

Thank you!

5. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hello there, yes I will be adding this very soon. Its been having some issues I'm ironing out but should have it sorted soon. :)

6. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hey dude, I can't send you a PM on here. It says you either don't have it allowed or your account is not allowed to receive them. Would like to get back in contact with you. I had posted on my facebook a while back about losing all my msn contacts so was hoping to get you again. Do you use skype or facebook? Anyway we can get in touch? Maybe can PM you on youtube but can't remember the account. If you can link me.

Thanks mate. :)

7. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

in my ideal world every modder should have something like this or site that only warning about updates that you have installed

8. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Sorry i don't have PM's enabled anywhere really, Gets annoying with spam. Skype - nismoavf

9. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I can`t drive this car, because steering lock in setup does not allow values lower than 20. And I always use 16 only. So its uncontrollable for me.

10. SimoG

SimoG Registered

Same for me, i have a prehistoric whell with 240° max and with 20° of sterlock it's extremely sensitive.

Bye

11. hurricaneman

hurricaneman Registered

Thank you Petros! I love it. Excellent mod :)

12. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

Just tried the mod. Nice work Petros. Good to see some really decent non ISI mods for RF2.

13. Senna12

Senna12 Registered

Nice work!!! This mod is great:)

14. STATIC

STATIC Registered

I love it... Thank you very much:D

15. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

Seeing this mod was a HUGE surprise, certainly wasn't expecting something like this, especially at such an advanced stage of development. I've put in a good bit of time with it at multiple tracks, and I must say it is feeling really good. The model is perfect, one of the best in rF2. The physics could possibly use a little more tweaking, but are really good at the moment regardless. Awesome car, great work, and it is in a class of vehicle that rF2 really needed at this point...the perfect bridge between the Skip Barber and the modern F2/F1 cars. Thanks!

Just a couple things, I noticed that on the 'Euroring' track with this car, all the signs around the track flicker badly, but only with this mod. Now, I do NOT have my detail settings set to 'Full', so I'm going to chalk this up to that being the problem, considering I also have the 'carbon-fiber tires' issue as well. No big deal anyway, that track is just an over-sized go-kart circuit imo, good for Clios and under.

The other things are small physics and tire issues. If I understood correctly, you want that feedback on your forum, so I'll head over there to see if my issues are being discussed. Again, thanks a bunch, you guys are doing an awesome job over at Mak-Corps. Can't wait to see what is still to come!

16. Dale B

Dale B Registered

Have to say didn't see this mod coming, under the radar! Very nice mod, like the feel a lot, drives great. Even more, graphically it is really good, one of the few that looks brand new, nice wax job, the cars just shine!

17. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Just tried it:

- Really good looking model
    - ok sounds, kinda sounds like an electrical car
    - too strong ffb atm, was ok when I lowered ffb multi to 0.4
    - sometimes felt like floating, but overall pretty decent physics, pretty fun to drive

I like these smaller formulas because I really suck with F1 cars :p

18. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

o_O

19. hoover

hoover Registered

car already feels nice and stable, great work. Some notes:

- during a testing session at sepang north loop, the AI never left the pits

- cockpit view is completely black (it's fine when I enter the car but the screen goes black after half a second), so I'm forced to use the bonnet cam view

- a more descriptive class name would be great (i. e. "Mak-Corp IFS3" instead of just "IFS3")

- sound could use some improvement (but they're on the way from what I read in this thread)

- I also think FFB is too strong by default.

I just added the car to rF2 Rank.

Cheers, Uwe

20. alepf

alepf Registered

Muchas gracias.