[REL] [Open Beta v0.9] International Formula Series 3

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

LMAO! That's probably an accurate video on how the MAK-Corp staff would end up if we were driving those in real life. HAHA :D

Anyone for open wheel bumper cars? :p

2. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Haha just had to be done. As soon as i see it, Benny Hill came to mind :)

On topic. This car at Lime Rock is super refreshing, still work to be done but man it's so good to jump in a "MODERN" open wheeler in rF2 and not be spat off every metre of the track. This is what i have been crying out for, it feels like a race car, super darty and direct, brakes on a dime ( Maybe too much power and don't lock enough ) but still good and physics that seem to show glimpses of nice fidelity, feels a bit GSC already. But overall i love the grip, it's what rF2 needs, too many rF2 cars, modern anyway are too much like rF1 for me, this feels like a sim car from today. Howstons gave me a good feeling about rF2 and these do aswell now with regards to modern open wheelers. They do need refining though. Mores it felt horrible, far too bumpy.

Mazda though needs alot of work :D

3. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Try exporting without limiting that number. Just export ALL (13) mip maps.

4. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

ok, thanks for coming back to me fella

5. Tiger

Tiger Registered

hi'
    thanks for this very nice mod ;)
    everything is fine on quite all tracks, Mores too ;) (I have the map deactivated just set the hud in the trackmap plugin)
    big pleasure!

6. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I once saw a video with lot's of OW cars ( F-BMW, F3, F2 or some other - can't remember ) spinning out into grass in the same corner this way, so my first thought on this gif was - "this is sooo realistic" ;)

Thanks for the mod :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2013
  7. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Thanks for this mod, impressive work!

8. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

Benny hill, absolutely spot on mate

9. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

First of all thanks Petros and all team who did this.
    You should open new thread for each mod released now.
    Do you that rss feed on your site? For updates and new releases?

10. Koen Calleyl

Koen Calleyl Registered

Thanks for the kind words, Nismo! As you know, I give all I got to bring the finest models :)

I'm superglad you're all enjoying this. I made the model quite some time ago, was quite missing in action when the mod was developed. But the screens that pop up here are mindblowing really - Great surprise of the level of quality we all reached :)

11. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Pleasure mate, i told you ages ago when i was doing stuff with you guys that your model work was some of the best. If rF2 gets even 10% of the models you guys have then rF2 has a cool future in terms of mods.

12. Duc

Duc Registered

hello and thank you, or is the template please

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

+1

Engine HP and torque maps (or at least a table with stats).

What's supposed to be the difference in the characteristics of the two tires? What temps do they work best at?

Basically everything you need to know (about chassis as well) if you were contemplating BUYING one of these to race yourself in a series. How to choose what options or which models.

14. Derek Nye

Derek Nye Registered

The problem is, most of the information that we have acquired to do this mod, we can't release as it was given to us directly from a team. What i can tell you is the operating temperature of the brakes, which, is between 200-700c. The engines have between 210-218hp. The power curves used were given to us from the teams after they did dyno runs so again unless they agree to let it be put out we can't show much in that sense. You don't really get to choose what tires you use in a real series, as each one has their own supplier and being that the car models are standardized, its more of what your budget would be than what the car is.

15. Derek Nye

Derek Nye Registered

We're waiting to release the templates when we have the helmet and driver suit templates done as well, that way we can release them all in one batch.

16. elbo

elbo Registered

--This is how you do it. It demands some Benny--

Great stuff. Throw in some half naked chicks running between the cars and my old dad sleeping on his lazyboy chair in front of the tele and I'm back home as a twelve year old boy laughing my arse off.

thanks!

17. Rtsrcool

Rtsrcool Registered

Thanks again mate, works like a treat for me! :D

What a great mod already! Even with full detail this seems to be rather FPS-friendly for my outdated PC!

There seems to be some AI-issues with kerbs or ride height but i'm sure you guys will sort that as fast as you sorted the texture mix-up! The driving sensation is awesome, i love it! Had loads of fun today on Palm Beach and Nürburgring-GP! Very nice models too!

The only change i would like to suggest is the minimum steering lock of 20 degrees, could be some degrees less for me and the old 270° Momo Racing wheel!

Thanks for this release (especially for the release date beeing on German Unity Day, a legal holiday here)! :)

Cheers!

18. Lukasz Kacprzykowski

Lukasz Kacprzykowski Registered

I am pretty sure that helmet template is avaliable within team. Unless you used something new that didn't come through my hands.

19. Derek Nye

Derek Nye Registered

The one in the mod right now is the ISI helmet while the arai one is being touched up. We'll most likely release all the templates in one go once we have everything completely in.

20. Duc

Duc Registered

OK thanks

Envoyé depuis mon Nexus 4 avec Tapatalk 4